The issues I'm having are a little difficult to explain, but I'll do my best. These all revolve around typing in the stock email app that came with my Note 4 (bought December 2014).

1.) Frequently (2-3 times per email sometimes), my cursor will suddenly jump down and into the middle of my signature while I'm typing. It's always while I'm typing, but am touching nowhere near the location it jumps to. It also deletes some of my sig, which makes me think it not only jumps down, but also highlights part of it, which gets deleted when I type.

2.) I get random double keystrokes registering. This happens with letters, numbers, or backspace. Just a moment ago, I tested it out and have determined that there's no way I'm 'actually' hitting the key twice.

3.) Whenever I finish a sentence (ending with a period) that just so happens to have the period at the right most character spot (where typing another character would cause the last word to jump to the next line), and I want to add two spaces after the period to start the next sentence, it will not add the spaces. It registers the keystrokes, but the cursor just remains at the end of that line, to the right of the period. I have to modify the preceding sentence to not end at that exact point, type my next sentence, then change the other sentence back to how I originally wanted, in order to just be able to have a properly formatted email.
    05-05-2015 03:50 PM
    I'm having some of the same issues.
    05-05-2015 04:17 PM
    Funny you should say this.

My Note 4 was updated to lollipop 5.0.1 last week on Three UK and I've had exactly the same problem.

1) Starts typing in caps for no reason.
    2) Cursor jumps backwards when using backspace to middle of previous word and deletes half that word instead.

I thought it was a combination of Samsung's email app and Google Keyboard and just me, but this thread confirms I'm not going crazy (yet).

No other app appears to have any issues with typing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-05-2015 04:31 PM
    I'm using the Samsung keyboard
    05-05-2015 05:30 PM
    Check to make sure you don't have the "Increase touch sensitivity" option checked in Settings > Display. With that checked, it'll almost register your breath as a touch.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    05-05-2015 05:52 PM
    I have this as well. Was using SwiftKey and thought it was that. Then went to Fleksy and similar issues. Then Google keyboard. Same thing. Driving me nuts

05-05-2015 05:55 PM
    Check to make sure you don't have the "Increase touch sensitivity" option checked in Settings > Display. With that checked, it'll almost register your breath as a touch.
    Would make sort of sense but its not on and it would be system wide.

Definitely a bug within the Samsung email app if other keyboards are affected too.

05-05-2015 05:59 PM
    I am having the same issue with my Note 3 using Swype, Google, Swiftkey, and Stock Samsung Keyboards. It's got to be something in Lollipop, but it's getting really annoying.
    05-05-2015 08:04 PM
    I'll add in that I'm having the same issues, most notably the one where the cursor jumps down to the signature line and starts erasing text. It only happens in the stock email app.

I thought it was the Samsung keyboard but seeing as it's happening to others using different keyboards it seems like the issue is the email client itself.

Anyone try alternatives that support Exchange?

05-06-2015 07:41 AM
    Anyone try alternatives that support Exchange?

I really like Mailwise. It also has the ability to bypass Exchange security and prevent it to get control of my phone. Tried a bunch of other clients but always sticks to Mailwise. The only drawback for me is that it is not supported by the Tesla unread plugin, but I get to live with it.
    05-06-2015 08:29 AM
    You can always try MailDroid which is on the Play store.
    05-06-2015 09:41 AM
    I have been trying Type mail since yesterday and am not going back to stock. So customizable and the issue is gone. Love it. I have tried a ton of different ones in the past and usually delete in a few hours. This one is looking like a keeper. So much faster at picking emails too.

05-06-2015 07:09 PM
    Hi, Im new to posting on the forum but I'm having the same issue and saw these posts are recent. I switched from an S5 to a Note 4 last week noticed right away the cursor jumps to the signature line and begins overwriting the signature text in the stock email client. I disabled swype, I disabled the increased sensitivity setting, issue still persists...

Is this a Samsung issue or Android??

Thanks all for any advice, this extremely annoying...

-Drew
    05-06-2015 11:03 PM
    Anyone tried turning off "Auto fit content" and "Split view mode" in the email app settings? I can't reproduce the issues consistently enough to test.
    05-07-2015 11:13 AM
    I use the standard Gmail app and do not have that problem... Am I talking apples and oranges here?
    05-07-2015 01:35 PM
    Ever since the Lollipop update something is definitely off with the stock Samsung mail app, and with multiple keyboards too (usually use Touchpal or Swiftkey). When starting a new paragraph, for some reason the first letter doesn't capitalize (and not every time, but often). And there have been some random cursor position changes in mid sentence. Not sure what the glitch is, but Samsung needs to fix this!
    05-08-2015 09:21 AM
    I use the standard Gmail app and do not have that problem... Am I talking apples and oranges here?
    I think it is only the email app, if you add a pop3 email address or exchange service email.

I never use that and only use the Gmail app.
    05-08-2015 10:34 AM
    Something people might want to try..

With Gmail on the Web, years ago, you could set it up to add an imap or pop3 or other accounts. You might want to check that and see about also using the Gmail app for that.

I haven't used Gmail for that in some time, but it might be something you can still do.
    05-08-2015 10:36 AM
    I experienced similar issues on my Note 4 using Swift keyboard. In particular, when I reply to an email using the Android/Samsung stock email client and my Exchange account, the first line (typically, Dear ...,) is okay, but on the second line it then fails to capitalise the first word. Trying to correct this ends with a duplication of the word and some other erratic behaviour. First thought it was the Swift keyboard, but I noticed it didn't have the problem using the Gmail app, Evernote or Whatsapp. So it must be the email app. I switched to the new Outlook for Android app and like it so far. It is very simple and not yet very customisable, but it does the job. Moreover, it combines email with your Exchange calendar and Contacts, like in the desktop version.
    06-07-2015 10:02 AM
    I have same problem - using built in email app and Swift-key.
    Using another email app seems to get around the problem, I'm using Outlook and so far so good.
    Very annoying problem that I've been dealing with for a long time too!
    Sort your email application out Samsung / android, it really is embarrassingly poor form to not be able to write an email!
    07-25-2016 03:23 AM