Recovering Private Mode Info from SD card after reset?

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Just updated my note 4 to lollipop and reset, and remembered I'd some pics saved in private mode on my sd card, now I think they are still there as it shows the the percentage used on sd card in storage.

My question is how can I access them now my phone has been reset? are they gone for good?

Posted via the Android Central App

Nursiedeer

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue on a galaxy s5. So it appears they are on the SD card. Which means when I mail my broken phone back I haven't sent my private photos correct? What I would like to know is how to retrieve them from the SD card on the new phone. I see you didn't get an answer to your question maybe one of us will figure it out thanks so much

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not an expert here but I would think you access them the same as before update. Is the SD card encrypted or those files password protected? The update should not affect access to the card. I don't use private now but I just looked though it and it seems you select private mode from the notification panel and enter your pin or password and find your folders.

Posted via Android Central App

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I thoughts that anything you have stored in private mode was moved to the device's internal memory. Is that not correct?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2