05-09-2015 05:34 PM
60 123
tools
    This is the AT&T updater. You can't disable it without root access.

The only way to stop it with AT&T without root access is to keep WiFi off.
    Attached Thumbnails Deletion of downloaded software-1431117112549.jpg  
    05-08-2015 03:31 PM
    This is the AT&T updater. You can't disable it without root access.

The only way to stop it with AT&T without root access is to keep WiFi off.
    Only T-Mobile devices you can disable. It's called "Software Update"
    05-08-2015 07:11 PM
    Please. Grow up. For me, lollipop was a nightmare. If someone wants to know how to avoid it... I will talk to them about it. I have only discussed my experience, which last time I checked was my right to do.

I've heard of plan crashes.... yet I've jumped out of planes for fun. I've heard of domestic violence, yet I spar men for fun. So while I'm sure you felt so snazzy with your long winded rant. It only made you look like you got **** hurt because not everyone has had such a dreamy experience with lollipop.

I honestly feel like Sprint jacked something up with their version of it. It is my right to feel that way. It is also my right to discuss that.
    Except your experience was Lollipop on an S5. Not the Note 4. So, your experience, beyond just being anecdotal, is for a completely different device. You haven't installed Lollipop on your Note 4 and you have no experience with Lollipop on a Note 4. Therefore, anything you advise needs to be taken with a hefty sprinkle of salt, as it doesn't really apply to this situation.

That being said, I'm on Sprint, I have a Note 4, I installed Lollipop, and it works great. Everything is smooth and the battery life is excellent. I haven't noticed any glaring issues at all and it just seems overall to be a snappier experience than KitKat. I did do a factory reset once I got lollipop and wiped the cache partition, but that seems to be the recommended modus operandi after a big OS update (like from 4 to 5).
    05-08-2015 08:11 PM
    Except your experience was Lollipop on an S5. Not the Note 4. So, your experience, beyond just being anecdotal, is for a completely different device. You haven't installed Lollipop on your Note 4 and you have no experience with Lollipop on a Note 4. Therefore, anything you advise needs to be taken with a hefty sprinkle of salt, as it doesn't really apply to this situation.

That being said, I'm on Sprint, I have a Note 4, I installed Lollipop, and it works great. Everything is smooth and the battery life is excellent. I haven't noticed any glaring issues at all and it just seems overall to be a snappier experience than KitKat. I did do a factory reset once I got lollipop and wiped the cache partition, but that seems to be the recommended modus operandi after a big OS update (like from 4 to 5).
    Actually, Sprint and Samsung told me that the issue I had was known to happen with the Note 4 as well. So, that is what I conveyed. So no need to take my comments so personally.

Do you use the hotspot with you lollipop note 4?
    05-08-2015 08:17 PM
    No, I've never used the hotspot service. I've never needed it. I don't normally carry around more than just my phone, so hotspot service for me would be a waste.
    05-08-2015 08:20 PM
    Actually, Sprint and Samsung told me that the issue I had was known to happen with the Note 4 as well. So, that is what I conveyed. So no need to take my comments so personally.

Do you use the hotspot with you lollipop note 4?
    You need to get Sprint to push for a fix for this. They have a specific Samsung contact for known issues, it is just getting them to contact Samsung. If a regular customer care person can't do it, then ask for a supervisor as high as you can go.

With AT&T, a special issue like this can go higher up by having them open a case, I don't know what they call that at Sprint.
    05-08-2015 08:21 PM
    No, I've never used the hotspot service. I've never needed it. I don't normally carry around more than just my phone, so hotspot service for me would be a waste.
    You don't have to carry around another device with you to use this.

I have connected my laptop before when the internet is down.

You might want to turn it on and try it and see if you can use it and connect a computer, another phone or tablet to the WiFi hotspot.

This is a very useful tool. People might not use it often, but when needed, it comes in very handy.
    Mom2Ninjas likes this.
    05-08-2015 08:24 PM
    Well, I do. For work, and when the lollipop update broke it on my phone.... work was shot for a week until I bought a new phone (the note 4) with kitkat on it. Which Sprint openly told me wouldn't work because the update would hit the note as well. And it did... but I hard reset the phone to get rid of it and shut down the phones ability to search for any software updates.

I relayed all of this because it was relevant since Sprint knows it was the lollipop update that broke a once working hotspot.
    05-08-2015 08:36 PM
    I'm not telling anyone the end is near or to repent. Lol...

But if they wanna avoid lollipop. I will help them with it. I absolutely despise Apple... but Lollipop almost sent me Apple's way. Thankfully.... I have kitkat on my note. I'll see if another lollipop update gets realized before I chance the experience I had on my s5 again. Lol
    Promise me you will never go Apple. We love you way to much to lose you to the Apple propaganda train.
    05-09-2015 02:25 PM
    Promise me you will never go Apple. We love you way to much to lose you to the Apple propaganda train.
    Trust me... I get depressed thinking how close I came. Makes me wanna upchuck a little bit.
    05-09-2015 05:34 PM
60 123