Deletion of downloaded software

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You telling someone about your experience is super. In fact I wish more ppl would do that. Cuz if they did, we might get a better picture of the scope of this.

What I do not like is when someone run around yelling "The end is near!!!! Repent!!!!" Just because that person has issues with Lollipop.

One need to have a sober look at it and understand that just cuz one person have a problem does not mean everyone else is doomed to have them... statistics alone supports that claim. And who are we to argue with statistics?

That is all
I'm not telling anyone the end is near or to repent. Lol...

But if they wanna avoid lollipop. I will help them with it. I absolutely despise Apple... but Lollipop almost sent me Apple's way. Thankfully.... I have kitkat on my note. I'll see if another lollipop update gets realized before I chance the experience I had on my s5 again. Lol

jackryannn

May 6, 2015
Visit site
So.. I decided to risk my phone by going through the update because there seemed to be no solution besides rooting my phone. But in the end... it turned out perfectly fine ! Just want to give an update to you guys since you all have been providing solution towards me and helping me throughout :). Oh and it's two phones btw. Both note 4. Both runs perfectly fine :) So thank you guys.

anon(8413510)

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
So.. I decided to risk my phone by going through the update because there seemed to be no solution besides rooting my phone. But in the end... it turned out perfectly fine ! Just want to give an update to you guys since you all have been providing solution towards me and helping me throughout :). Oh and it's two phones btw. Both note 4. Both runs perfectly fine :) So thank you guys.

Hope it all goes smooth, if you notice problems consider a factory restore, I ended up doing that on all my devices and found it to be helpful. Also I noticed all devices seemed to take a couple of days to settle down properly.
Hope you enjoy Lollypop on your Note4,'s

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure that most people who have upgraded also have had no problems. Enjoy your phone.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure that most people who have upgraded also have had no problems. Enjoy your phone.

To play devil's advocate, :) there are those who suffer in silence or those who never visit forums like this to voice their issues. For those that do they tend to do so on their respective carrier forum or via a phone call to them.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have att and I thought that they 'forced' it on you, the updates I mean...

Verizon definitely forces it on you after a grace period where you can simple defer it. AT&T probably does the same. The only way to really stop it is to disable the OTA updater. See this thread at XDA to do so (root not needed): [GUIDE] Disable KNOX, OTA Updates, and other… | AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

It can always be re-enabled later if you wish to accept OTA updates again.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is the AT&T updater. You can't disable it without root access.

The only way to stop it with AT&T without root access is to keep WiFi off.

Attachments

• 1431117112549.jpg
    1431117112549.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 13

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Please. Grow up. For me, lollipop was a nightmare. If someone wants to know how to avoid it... I will talk to them about it. I have only discussed my experience, which last time I checked was my right to do.

I've heard of plan crashes.... yet I've jumped out of planes for fun. I've heard of domestic violence, yet I spar men for fun. So while I'm sure you felt so snazzy with your long winded rant. It only made you look like you got **** hurt because not everyone has had such a dreamy experience with lollipop.

I honestly feel like Sprint jacked something up with their version of it. It is my right to feel that way. It is also my right to discuss that.

Except your experience was Lollipop on an S5. Not the Note 4. So, your experience, beyond just being anecdotal, is for a completely different device. You haven't installed Lollipop on your Note 4 and you have no experience with Lollipop on a Note 4. Therefore, anything you advise needs to be taken with a hefty sprinkle of salt, as it doesn't really apply to this situation.

That being said, I'm on Sprint, I have a Note 4, I installed Lollipop, and it works great. Everything is smooth and the battery life is excellent. I haven't noticed any glaring issues at all and it just seems overall to be a snappier experience than KitKat. I did do a factory reset once I got lollipop and wiped the cache partition, but that seems to be the recommended modus operandi after a big OS update (like from 4 to 5).

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Except your experience was Lollipop on an S5. Not the Note 4. So, your experience, beyond just being anecdotal, is for a completely different device. You haven't installed Lollipop on your Note 4 and you have no experience with Lollipop on a Note 4. Therefore, anything you advise needs to be taken with a hefty sprinkle of salt, as it doesn't really apply to this situation.

That being said, I'm on Sprint, I have a Note 4, I installed Lollipop, and it works great. Everything is smooth and the battery life is excellent. I haven't noticed any glaring issues at all and it just seems overall to be a snappier experience than KitKat. I did do a factory reset once I got lollipop and wiped the cache partition, but that seems to be the recommended modus operandi after a big OS update (like from 4 to 5).
Actually, Sprint and Samsung told me that the issue I had was known to happen with the Note 4 as well. So, that is what I conveyed. So no need to take my comments so personally.

Do you use the hotspot with you lollipop note 4?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
No, I've never used the hotspot service. I've never needed it. I don't normally carry around more than just my phone, so hotspot service for me would be a waste.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually, Sprint and Samsung told me that the issue I had was known to happen with the Note 4 as well. So, that is what I conveyed. So no need to take my comments so personally.

Do you use the hotspot with you lollipop note 4?

You need to get Sprint to push for a fix for this. They have a specific Samsung contact for known issues, it is just getting them to contact Samsung. If a regular customer care person can't do it, then ask for a supervisor as high as you can go.

With AT&T, a special issue like this can go higher up by having them open a case, I don't know what they call that at Sprint.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No, I've never used the hotspot service. I've never needed it. I don't normally carry around more than just my phone, so hotspot service for me would be a waste.

You don't have to carry around another device with you to use this.

I have connected my laptop before when the internet is down.

You might want to turn it on and try it and see if you can use it and connect a computer, another phone or tablet to the WiFi hotspot.

This is a very useful tool. People might not use it often, but when needed, it comes in very handy.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I do. For work, and when the lollipop update broke it on my phone.... work was shot for a week until I bought a new phone (the note 4) with kitkat on it. Which Sprint openly told me wouldn't work because the update would hit the note as well. And it did... but I hard reset the phone to get rid of it and shut down the phones ability to search for any software updates.

I relayed all of this because it was relevant since Sprint knows it was the lollipop update that broke a once working hotspot.

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm not telling anyone the end is near or to repent. Lol...

But if they wanna avoid lollipop. I will help them with it. I absolutely despise Apple... but Lollipop almost sent me Apple's way. Thankfully.... I have kitkat on my note. I'll see if another lollipop update gets realized before I chance the experience I had on my s5 again. Lol
Promise me you will never go Apple. We love you way to much to lose you to the Apple propaganda train.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome