05-09-2015 06:34 PM
60 123
tools
    Recently downloaded android 5.0 lollipop update but after few hours of research I've decided not to install this update. So now how will I be able to delete away that 1gig of downloaded software from my phone ?

Note: I did not install it. I've only downloaded the Update.

Help please. Much appreciated
    05-06-2015 11:30 AM
    Do a factory reset
    05-06-2015 11:33 AM
    Do a factory reset
    Why is there a need to do a factory reset when my android version didn't change at all? From what I know factory reset resets your whole phone deletes your entire data and bring you back to the base android software which is 4.4.4.

My problem right now is how will I be able to delete the downloaded 5.0 android software. I've downloaded the update but did not install it. My phone right now is stil running on android 4.4.4
    05-06-2015 12:01 PM
    The factory reset will delete the downloaded software. It was the only way I could get rid of it when I was in your shoes.
    jackryannn likes this.
    05-06-2015 12:38 PM
    You'll be back to out of the box... but it worth it to avoid lollipop.
    05-06-2015 12:39 PM
    Why is there a need to do a factory reset when my android version didn't change at all? From what I know factory reset resets your whole phone deletes your entire data and bring you back to the base android software which is 4.4.4.

My problem right now is how will I be able to delete the downloaded 5.0 android software. I've downloaded the update but did not install it. My phone right now is stil running on android 4.4.4
    Don't do a factory reset yet. Wait and see if someone else replies and has an answer.
    Ntchwaidumela and jackryannn like this.
    05-06-2015 12:46 PM
    I'd love to hear if someone has another solution as I found none. But really, how hard is it? Just reinstall your apps. Google backups everything. I was back up and running in under 30 mins
    05-06-2015 12:52 PM
    I'd love to hear if someone has another solution as I found none. But really, how hard is it? Just reinstall your apps. Google backups everything. I was back up and running in under 30 mins
    Resetting to factory is fine if there is no other way but people tend to recommend resetting way to much on this site. That should never be the first suggestion for any problem solving.
    05-06-2015 12:56 PM
    To this issue... it was all I found, and once downloaded lollipop got "aggressive" about being installed.
    05-06-2015 01:02 PM
    I remember when I was using a Nexus 4 that downloaded a KitKat update that I wanted to ignore for awhile. There was something in Application manager that I could uncheck the notification box and it no longer prompted me to install the update. I'll try and find out what that was and post it here if I can find it.

It didn't delete the update, it just stopped the phone from prompting me to install it.
    05-06-2015 01:07 PM
    The installation just started for me. Luckily, I had it in hand and could stop it.
    05-06-2015 01:09 PM
    Recently downloaded android 5.0 lollipop update but after few hours of research I've decided not to install this update. So now how will I be able to delete away that 1gig of downloaded software from my phone ?

Note: I did not install it. I've only downloaded the Update.

Help please. Much appreciated
    Is there an icon at the top of your screen indicating that there is an upgrade waiting to be installed?
    05-06-2015 01:20 PM
    I remember when I was using a Nexus 4 that downloaded a KitKat update that I wanted to ignore for awhile. There was something in Application manager that I could uncheck the notification box and it no longer prompted me to install the update. I'll try and find out what that was and post it here if I can find it.

It didn't delete the update, it just stopped the phone from prompting me to install it.
    I could make the notification go away for the download that way. NOT the install.
    05-06-2015 01:37 PM
    You'll be back to out of the box... but it worth it to avoid lollipop.
    Lol
    05-06-2015 02:23 PM
    Lol
    Glad you find that funny while you offer so much helpful advice with your "Lol".

Hahaha
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    05-06-2015 02:33 PM
    Glad you find that funny while you offer so much helpful advice with your "Lol".

Hahaha
    I know that there are "some" posts with Lollipop problems, but I can tell you that the Lollipop update went smooth for me with absolutely no issues whatsoever!
    brad419 and Rick Bell like this.
    05-06-2015 04:12 PM
    Searched for an answer to this, including XDA Forums (typically the most knowledgable site for in depth Android stuff), and it appears unless you have root access (because the downloaded OS update file is stored in a system protected area), Mom2Ninjas is correct that the only other way to get rid of the file is a master factory reset.
    jackryannn and Mom2Ninjas like this.
    05-06-2015 04:32 PM
    I know that there are "some" posts with Lollipop problems, but I can tell you that the Lollipop update went smooth for me with absolutely no issues whatsoever!
    I'm glad for you. Lollipop was a nightmare with my s5.
    05-06-2015 05:44 PM
    I'm glad for you. Lollipop was a nightmare with my s5.
    No, not good for just me. Good for everyone else who has downloaded Lollipop and have not had any problems at all. The people with problems with Lollipop are only a small percentage. And many of the ones who have problems are caused by bad apps (not optimized for Lollipop), or by people who refuse to wipe their cache (or as a last resort) do a factory reset.
    (Sorry that your S5 had problems.)
    geekaren likes this.
    05-06-2015 06:07 PM
    No, not good for just me. Good for everyone else who has downloaded Lollipop and have not had any problems at all. The people with problems with Lollipop are only a small percentage. And many of the ones who have problems are caused by bad apps (not optimized for Lollipop), or by people who refuse to wipe their cache (or as a last resort) do a factory reset.
    You don't have to take this so personal. I wiped my cache and did a factory reset. More than once trying to fix my problem. Per sprint and samsung, the lollipop bug I had was a known issue. It made it to where my hotspot would not work. It would just immediately turn itself right back off, even after wiping the cache and factory resets and without installing apps. So, you theory does not apply to me.

My comment of being happy for you... was just that. I was happy YOU did not have an issue, that was not me typing to get into a pissing match with you about percentages on issues vs non issues.

So, for your delicate sense of pride... I am glad for all of those that were lucky enough to not have any issues with lollipop.

For those of us not so fortunate, I am glad I was able to avoid the lollipop download on the new phone I had to buy to get away from an update that was a nightmare for me and has been for others.
    05-06-2015 06:18 PM
    A cache wipe or factory reset is NOT a cure all. Even after doing so many still have performance issues, decreased battery life, or other various issues. Even if it does help it doesn't address the changes to system operation in Lollipop such as the new overly complex mute system, the new notification system, or the new predictive battery graph, all of which appear to try to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. Not to mention the UI changes that use garish colors with blinding white backgrounds (where's a dark theme?). The point being there are valid reasons to forgo Lollipop and stay on KitKat.
    D Android and Mom2Ninjas like this.
    05-06-2015 06:19 PM
    My wife has an S5 and I have the Note 4. Lollipop went smooth for both phones. Not a single problem!
    tsells and geekaren like this.
    05-06-2015 08:59 PM
    My wife has an S5 and I have the Note 4. Lollipop went smooth for both phones. Not a single problem!
    What carrier do you use?
    05-06-2015 09:01 PM
    My AT&T S5 and Note 4 haven't had an issue with Lollipop.
    05-06-2015 10:10 PM
    My AT&T S5 and Note 4 haven't had an issue with Lollipop.
    Wondering if my problem was because of whatever tweaks sprint did to it.
    05-06-2015 10:11 PM
60 123