I installed Android 5.0 a week ago into my AT&T NOTE 4. I paired the N4 with my car. The N4 blue tooth worked fine making and receiving calls. The only problem was I could no longer transfer my phone book to my car like I could with Andriod 4.4. I called AT&T and Samsung and they were of no help with their suggestions to use "safe mode" to make the transfer. Their advice did not work.

My other phone is able to transfer the phone book to my car and it has Android 4.4 OS.

I really like my N4 and do not want to get rid of it.

I am sure I am not alone. Has anyone had this problem since installing Anroid 5.0? Is there any application that can help me?
    skatergirl likes this.
    05-06-2015 02:41 PM
    I know little about the subject, but have you checked with the manufacturer of your car system to see if there may be a firmware update available?
    skatergirl likes this.
    05-06-2015 03:04 PM
    I installed Android 5.0 a week ago into my AT&T NOTE 4. I paired the N4 with my car. The N4 blue tooth worked fine making and receiving calls. The only problem was I could no longer transfer my phone book to my car like I could with Andriod 4.4. I called AT&T and Samsung and they were of no help with their suggestions to use "safe mode" to make the transfer. Their advice did not work.

My other phone is able to transfer the phone book to my car and it has Android 4.4 OS.

I really like my N4 and do not want to get rid of it.

I am sure I am not alone. Has anyone had this problem since installing Anroid 5.0? Is there any application that can help me?
    Bingo! I did a factory reset after the Lollipop update and since then my phone book will not transfer over. I was again thinking of this about 30 minutes ago so thank you for this post. I hope there is a solution.
    05-06-2015 03:56 PM
    Yes, I checked with the automobile manufacturer and there is no update. It stands to reason the problem is with the Android software update because all was well with Android 4.4.

Now I am thinking going getting a iPhone 6 Plus.

The thing that bothers me is both AT&T and Samsung literally will lie to you. Don't waste you time listening to them and performing all their little circus tricks. Sooner or later, Samsung will fix the problem or I am out of here and on my way to Apple because I know the new iPhones work in my car.
    skatergirl likes this.
    05-06-2015 06:07 PM
    Yes, I checked with the automobile manufacturer and there is no update. It stands to reason the problem is with the Android software update because all was well with Android 4.4.

Now I am thinking going getting a iPhone 6 Plus.

The thing that bothers me is both AT&T and Samsung literally will lie to you. Don't waste you time listening to them and performing all their little circus tricks. Sooner or later, Samsung will fix the problem or I am out of here and on my way to Apple because I know the new iPhones work in my car.
    I will not be switching to an iPhone but do hope there will soon be a fix to this this Lollipop issue. I wonder if it is happening with all Lollipop phones or just the Note 4s.
    05-07-2015 07:49 AM
    I will not be switching to an iPhone but do hope there will soon be a fix to this this Lollipop issue. I wonder if it is happening with all Lollipop phones or just the Note 4s.
    I doubt it's Lollipop causing the issue.

Phone book transfer works perfectly with my T-Mobile S5, Note 4 and my wife's S6 Edge.

Edit: just confirmed with my brother that his Verizon S4 w/ Lollipop and his wife's S6 phone book transfers to their vehicles.

Posted via the Android Central App
    skatergirl likes this.
    05-07-2015 09:56 AM
    Mine worked perfectly until I got Lollipop and then did a factory reset. I love Lollipop, but I did not have this problem before it arrived. I have been researching and I have read on other forums people are experiencing the same issue since Lollipop. I am corresponding via email right now with the Bluetooth Phone Book app developer because his app doesn't work for me either.
    05-07-2015 10:13 AM
    I doubt it's Lollipop causing the issue.

Phone book transfer works perfectly with my T-Mobile S5, Note 4 and my wife's S6 Edge.

Edit: just confirmed with my brother that his Verizon S4 w/ Lollipop and his wife's S6 phone book transfers to their vehicles.

That is awesome the transfers are working for them. Mine used to work. Sadly not now. A number of reviews for this Bluetooth Phone Book app have said the app has fixed what broke after Lollipop. Lollipop definitely has known Bluetooth issues. Fortunately this is the only issue I am experiencing.
    05-07-2015 10:30 AM
    Well for me it was the Samsung contact app. I tried disabling it and downloaded DW contacts, an app I have used in the past and bingo, my contacts are now going to my car.

So yes, you were very right. It is not Lollipop. Thank you for your tips. It helped me to find my answer.

05-07-2015 12:01 PM
    I tried the DW CONTACTS free application and disabled the contacts folder. Sorry to write, no phone book in my car.

Until someone finds a solutions, including Google, Samsung and AT&T am now seriously thinking about downgrading to Kit Kat 4.4.4.

Anybody else got any similar issues?
    05-07-2015 01:43 PM
    I tried the DW CONTACTS free application and disabled the contacts folder. Sorry to write, no phone book in my car.

Until someone finds a solutions, including Google, Samsung and AT&T am now seriously thinking about downgrading to Kit Kat 4.4.4.

Anybody else got any similar issues?
    I am sorry to hear it did not work. I do have the paid version of DW. Not sure at all it would make a difference but just wanted to provide that information.
    05-07-2015 05:27 PM
    I am going to wait a little more and check back on this thread and this forum to determine if I should download Kit Kat 4.4.4 or what. Thanks for everything everyone!
    skatergirl likes this.
    05-08-2015 01:25 PM