Recorded video no sounds

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

My wife recorded some videos earlier and we went to play them and they have no sound. After noticing the issue, we tried to record some videos and they played with sound fine.

Any idea why the videos before have no sound when playing them back?

Thanks,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the videos without sound completely silent, or do you hear any kind of muffled rustling? If the latter, it's possible the microphone(s) were being blocked by the way the phone was being held at the time.

Are the videos saving to Internal Storage or a microSD card? If the latter, the file might also be partially corrupt.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Are the videos without sound completely silent, or do you hear any kind of muffled rustling? If the latter, it's possible the microphone(s) were being blocked by the way the phone was being held at the time.

Are the videos saving to Internal Storage or a microSD card? If the latter, the file might also be partially corrupt.
No sound at all and she does not have a memory card. She just got the phone this past Saturday. It is so weird. The first two videos she recorded have sound, the next four do not, but any video after does. I don't know what could have caused the no sound issue.

mk20051#AC

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Check the small microphone holes on the bottom of the phone. There are two of them. Use a small pin or a needle and clean those holes out. Hopefully that will fix your problem. I have had this happen and it is annoying that there are such small microphone holes. You can test to see if it works by opening Google Now and seeing if it responds if you say, "Okay Google"

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Check the small microphone holes on the bottom of the phone. There are two of them. Use a small pin or a needle and clean those holes out. Hopefully that will fix your problem. I have had this happen and it is annoying that there are such small microphone holes. You can test to see if it works by opening Google Now and seeing if it responds if you say, "Okay Google"

Yeah everything works fine. We recorded a video of her father opening a gift for his birthday and there was no sound. She noticed and I recorded a video not five minutes later and it worked fine. *shrug* just seems like a rare occurrence or something.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Was she recording in slow motion??

No, I don't believe so. if so, it would playback in slow motion right? It played back regular speed as far as I can tell. No telling what caused the issue. Thanks for everyone trying to help figure it out.

Exoterror

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I know this thread looks like it's been around for a while with no resolution, but I found it when encountering the same problem. I have since finally found out that if you record video with your phone on silent/vibrate then no audio is recorded. I do not know if this was the case for you but just in case others find this thread when encountering this issue I hope this info helps.

JoezzySLO

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. ALWAYS recording 1080p 60fps on phone memory. Latest SW, problem known for more than 1/2 year, so it appeared i think even after 2 bigger updates.
Never noticed, till i came back home from the music festival. While i was showing videos to friends i noticed that 30% has no sound. I thought maybe he cuted sound over being to loud, but two videos, taken in same hall, same space, same track and one of them has sound other has not, so that is probably not it. But on the other side i have noticed it again a few days ago after the concert, i took 2 videos, on the first one it has no sound, on the other one by the first half of the video it has no sound but somewhere in the middle of the video sound suddenley appears. Strange?
I have tried even what someone mention that it records no sound when on mute, but it records it anyway.

Anyone else has any similar issue?
Maybe anyone found solution for it?

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
In case it's useful, I had a problem several times where I could be heard on the phone but not on hangouts. The phone has three mics so I guess they're used differently somehow. Both times a reboot fixed it.

Mattdandroid1234

May 14, 2016
Visit site
God I hate Android - or Samsung at least.
I've just had the same issue. I recorded my 5 year old's school play with no sound. I wish I had never left Apple and iOS. At least those systems work.

GS_Kit

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I found that replaying with Video Player did not have sound, whereas replaying the same video with Double Twist did have sound.

Musifeli

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I knew audio worked fine when I recorded using a audio recorder, I downloaded this app HD Camera by Karaer and was able to go into settings and changed audio source from camera app to default and that solved it.

nichail Miller

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

My wife recorded some videos earlier and we went to play them and they have no sound. After noticing the issue, we tried to record some videos and they played with sound fine.

Any idea why the videos before have no sound when playing them back?

Thanks,

Try taking the battery out the phone for 30 seconds. That's what I did, and it started working again. Good luck

anon(10068843)

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Samsung....If you do not want your phone to talk to you and so have turned your media volume to zero, your phone will not record video with sound.

Try this......
Setting---Sounds and Vibrations-----Volume

This will bring you to your phones 4 volume controls. Ensure Media has some level of volume set..the higher the better.

anon(10068843)

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Samsung....If you do not want your phone to talk to you and so have turned your media volume to zero, your phone will not record video with sound.

Try this......
Setting---Sounds and Vibrations-----Volume

This will bring you to your phones 4 volume controls. Ensure Media has some level of volume set..the higher the better.

freshroasted coffee

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I hope you see my post, or have figured out how to get back the audio from your child's school play. I have an 8+ and just experienced this scenario. I havent read far enough down this thread, to see if anyone has a fix. I uploaded my video to YouTube and there was my audio! So I can conclude the recording is fine, something is going on with playback. If you have figured it out, let me know please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon