05-13-2015 12:51 AM
31 12
tools
    In my opinion, the time is right for the consumers to take control of the mobile market by using your buying power. I say this in regards to the Note 4 because I recently moved to the Note 4 when my Note 2 up an died on a Sunday and no one in my local market had batteries for this beast. I ordered one on-line but I had to have a phone Monday morning so I schlepped into my carrier's local store and worked a deal to get me into a phone without extending my contract.

Now the Note 4 is an awesome phone and now that I have a new power source for my Note 2, it is still an awesome phone and to be quite honest, I don't find the Note 4 much faster than my Note 2. The main difference is the difference between Kit-Kat and Lolli-Pop and the S-Pen is more functional.

In my case, I chose to get the regular Note 4 and even though I like the concept of the Edge, I needed to have a case (Otterbox) to protect my phone and I am kind of a symmetrical person so if there had been 2 x edges on the Note 4, I probably would have gone with it.

My point in my ramblings is that if you are in a wait state for the next big thing, you will ALWAYS be waiting. Instead of being a slave to the marketing HYPE and RUMORS, pick the technology that you need at a price point that your are comfortable with and MAXIMIZE your investment.

Make your TECH work for you and not you working to pay several corporate CEO salaries.
    To Thine Own Self Be True!

Whatever decision you make, let it be your own. I have found that once you get the new device, it will not live up to all of the marketing glitz.

Now this aside : IMHO the most awesome device that I have owned which I wish I could pull out of my box of old tech and use is my Blackberry 650. It was small, and had a tactile keyboard, monochrome screen, scroll wheel and was excellent for text/email messages. You could get detailed communications in low cell areas. I never had the phone version but back in the day, you could send voice over pager frequencies...;0 ( if you knew how to do it.)

Good Day and Good Luck!
    I am sure you will be happy with whatever decision you come up with!

Eunix
    not2gutta likes this.
    05-09-2015 07:36 AM
    [whatever you chose, do Not base it off rumors that got started right here on AC by people that just ASSUMED that because the S6 went with no SD and non removable battery that the Note 5 will be exactly the same as S6/Edge with a 5.95" screen.
    Complete BS that people are pulling straight out of their rear ends at this point. Don't fall for it.
    NO ONE here knows anything about the Note 5 . Anyone who claims otherwise is lying.
    Even the 5.95" rumor is just that, PURE rumor.
    I didn't assume it, I'm not lying, and it is not pure rumor, either. The Verizon store where I bought my phone told me their Samsung rep told them that's their direction, tell people why. Their primary reasons are:
    1)that people are damaging phones with cheap sd cards and Samsung is tired of having to cover them under warranty, increasing costs for everyone, and
    2) people are complaining about phone issues (lag, odd operation) that are actually the fault of cheap sd cards, and adding more memory internally will eliminate all those issues,
    3) it will be easier to make the phone more water resistant
    4) ...and there was another reason she told me that I can't remember this moment...

So, based on that, probably not rumor... Unless a Samsung rep just felt like lying... or pulling a story out of his rear...:-)

Sammie is smart, though... it would be like them to "leak" this kind of info to see what kind of response they'd receive.

Hopefully, they've received enough negative feedback that they'll change their minds.
    05-09-2015 09:09 PM
    I didn't assume it, I'm not lying, and it is not pure rumor, either. The Verizon store where I bought my phone told me their Samsung rep told them that's their direction, tell people why. Their primary reasons are:
    1)that people are damaging phones with cheap sd cards and Samsung is tired of having to cover them under warranty, increasing costs for everyone, and
    2) people are complaining about phone issues (lag, odd operation) that are actually the fault of cheap sd cards, and adding more memory internally will eliminate all those issues,
    4) ...and there was another reason she told me that I can't remember this moment...

So, based on that, probably not rumor... Unless a Samsung rep just felt like lying... or pulling a story out of his rear...:-)

Sammie is smart, though... it would be like them to "leak" this kind of info to see what kind of response they'd receive.

Hopefully, they've received enough negative feedback that they'll change their minds.
    Samsung reps and techs pull things pull of their rear all the time.

Samsung nor anyone, releases info about a phone not even produced.

Carrier Samsung reps don't have the pay grade to know this info.

I met one in the AT&T Store the other day. I knew more about my phone and others, than he did.
    05-09-2015 10:10 PM
    Oh and the S5 is completely water resistant and it has a removable battery and SD card slot.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    05-09-2015 10:11 PM

I don't remember saying anything about YOU assuming or lying.

1.) SO let me get this straight, some rep guy, that knows Nothing more about the Note 5 than I do, told someone, who told someone, who told you blah blah blah..... OK then. Take that to the bank if you want. My best friend is an AT&T rep over 40 stores and HE doesn't know anything about the Note 5....

2.) Lag is cause by bloated, non optimized OS. and SD card is just raw, slow storage. If you store your pictures on an SD card, or anything for that matter, when you go to pull that info up, it will be slow as Christmas compared to the internal storage. Warranty companies will not replace your phone because your SD card is slow.

3.) What? the S6/Edge have NO water resistance. The new design took that AWAY. it didn't make it easier or more water resistant....

4.) As I have said many time. The note 1, 2, 3 ,4 look NOTHING like the S1, S2, S3, S4, S5 ... two DIFFERENT lines of phones.
    The Note 5 WILL NOT BE a 5.7"-5.95" S6 copy. The ONLY feature that I think will make it to the note 5 will be the new curved screen on the Edge version of the note. (instead of the single edge like on Note 4)

Read Kelly Kearns response. That also summed it up. The phone doesn't exist yet. No rep, no verizon guy, no store mgr knows SQUAT about the Note 5. Lies and Rumors at this point. Nothing else.
    05-10-2015 11:43 AM
    If you have T-mobile and JUMP, you'll be able to get the note4 now and be able to upgrade to the note 5
    monsieurms likes this.
    05-13-2015 12:51 AM
31 12