test driving this note

brick58

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
So far here are my observations: The build not as 'solid' feeling as iphone, sound not as good while listening to music or audio books, pictures and screen is awesome...I like the s pen, had to do update (att) I think it was lollipop, (how can you tell what os you have)? and my battery went immediately from 100-85 %!!! this is quite unacceptable...does it get better? Oh, and I did a factory reset right after the update, I think I read that somewhere...gonna play this phone is really nice want to try some video

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings>about phone>Android version to see what you are running.

Everyone is different, but I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I think the Note 4 feels better to hold. I'm not saying the iPhone isn't nice. It is, but I think the Note feels every bit as premium and much easier to hold.

Not sure why the battery dropped so quick. I get about the same battery life as I did with my 6 Plus. The 6 Plus might do a little better but not a lot. Both are very good.

The screen and S-Pen are amazing like you said. Definitely give the Note a fair shot.

Sent from my Note 4

brick58

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I am definitely giving it a shot! Like I said I really like the pen, didn't think I would, but its great now I am at 69%, have been downloading apps and updating some on wifi.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So far here are my observations: The build not as 'solid' feeling as iphone, sound not as good while listening to music or audio books, pictures and screen is awesome...I like the s pen, had to do update (att) I think it was lollipop, (how can you tell what os you have)? and my battery went immediately from 100-85 %!!! this is quite unacceptable...does it get better? Oh, and I did a factory reset right after the update, I think I read that somewhere...gonna play this phone is really nice want to try some video
I upgraded my Note 4 and Note Edge to Lollipop. The Note 4 was exactly the same with battery life immediately after upgrading. The Note Edge seemed to use the battery life much faster on the first cycle after upgrading. After recharging, the Note Edge is just as good as it was before.

See what happens after you use the phone after recharging once or twice.

roaduardo1

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I am definitely giving it a shot! Like I said I really like the pen, didn't think I would, but its great now I am at 69%, have been downloading apps and updating some on wifi.

If you use it long enough you'll come to depend on it for typical tasks like texting. It just makes so many things easier using the pen. I'm hooked myself and I can't see myself using anything else as my daily.

roaduardo1

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my Note 4 and Note Edge to Lollipop. The Note 4 was exactly the same with battery life immediately after upgrading. The Note Edge seemed to use the battery life much faster on the first cycle after upgrading. After recharging, the Note Edge is just as good as it was before.

See what happens after you use the phone after recharging once or twice.

Are you someone who roots and plays around with xposed modules? I had to downgrade back to 4.4.4 because lollipop wasn't playing nice with xposed/wanam. It's stock rooted 4.4.4 and everything runs perfect now.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you someone who roots and plays around with xposed modules? I had to downgrade back to 4.4.4 because lollipop wasn't playing nice with xposed/wanam. It's stock rooted 4.4.4 and everything runs perfect now.

I have my Note 4 and Note Edge rooted only so that I can block ads using Adaway. I have never installed anything other than the official OS releases.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
As far as the battery dropping from 100% to 85% immediately, that has a lot to do with Lithium battery tech and the difficulty of using voltage to determine remaining charge. If you do a factory reset or a version upgrade, it's not unusual to get some slightly odd battery readings for the first couple of charge/discharge cycles.

If it ALWAYS drops from 100% to 85% when you take it off the charger, something is wrong with your battery or possibly your charger.

brick58

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
As far as the battery dropping from 100% to 85% immediately, that has a lot to do with Lithium battery tech and the difficulty of using voltage to determine remaining charge. If you do a factory reset or a version upgrade, it's not unusual to get some slightly odd battery readings for the first couple of charge/discharge cycles.

If it ALWAYS drops from 100% to 85% when you take it off the charger, something is wrong with your battery or possibly your charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech