What am i doing wrong, What am i doing wrong?

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to access my groups when I try to send them an email on gmail. I type the title of the group in the address box of my opened draft, but I get only whatever individuals have that name in my address book, as opposed to all the addresses I've saved in that group.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In email, the normal way to send a "group email" (there's really no such thing) is to send it to one person and CC each additional person. (That's what the CC line is for, and you can add more until you have all your recipients added. The BCC line is for blind copy - the recipients won't all see the others' names, they'll only see yours.)

In most texting apps you can send to a Contacts group, but email and text are completely different.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to access my groups when I try to send them an email on gmail.

For some inexplicable reason, Google does not support email groups on mobile. There are apps that can do this though.

Try this one (emphasis on "try"):
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.mobappli.groupmanager&token=arPtGTxh

There are a couple other apps that can access your gmail contact groups but I've had mixed results - not all groups can be seen/used. I could never figure out why.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to access my groups when I try to send them an email on gmail. I type the title of the group in the address box of my opened draft, but I get only whatever individuals have that name in my address book, as opposed to all the addresses I've saved in that group.

Posted via the Android Central App

I use groups all the time on my Note 4. As was mentioned, GMail doesn't support them in the app for some reason. Go to your contacts app. Next to your search area, to the right, is an icon. It looks like two people. That is your groups. You can create, edit and send emails or messages from here. Select your group. Hit the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select send message or email. You can then select Gmail or any other email app to send an email. Or you can send a text message.

I hope that helps.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
For some inexplicable reason, Google does not support email groups on mobile. There are apps that can do this though.

Try this one (emphasis on "try"):
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.mobappli.groupmanager&token=Og0tf_O7

There are a couple other apps that can access your gmail contact groups but I've had mixed results - not all groups can be seen/used. I could never figure out why.

Well, I figured out the app worked fine. My issue was that the contacts were not being synced for the account. So I could not see the groups with the app linked above. Now with the contacts set to sync, I can email my groups.

But I had to buy the pro version of the app to send group emails as bcc.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.mobappli.groupmanagerpro&token=YvSK6eX7

By the way, the Android contacts manager in the phone app will let you send group emails as stated above but you can't send them bcc. I never knew I could send group emails from the contacts app in android.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I figured out the app worked fine. My issue was that the contacts were not being synced for the account. So I could not see the groups with the app linked above. Now with the contacts set to sync, I can email my groups.

But I had to buy the pro version of the app to send group emails as bcc.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.mobappli.groupmanagerpro&token=zpo9MZvx

By the way, the Android contacts manager in the phone app will let you send group emails as stated above but you can't send them bcc. I never knew I could send group emails from the contacts app in android.
Being able to send group emails on Android from the stock contacts app depends on the phone. I can't do it from my Moto X. I have to use a 3rd party app. Samsung supports it and HTC does as well. Not sure about LG or Sony.

Sent from my Note 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers