someone said to clear cache to help with battery issues on note 4...what does this do and why do you have to do it? what is cache? and do I have to clear it off each app? or is there a way to do it all at once? it takes forever to clear each app as I don't have that kind of time especially each day...my biggest complaint with the note is the battery, oh and is this necessary already as this is my second day with the phone...and I have googled it and tweaked things to help with battery
    05-08-2015 09:03 AM
    someone said to clear cache to help with battery issues on note 4...what does this do and why do you have to do it? what is cache? and do I have to clear it off each app? or is there a way to do it all at once? it takes forever to clear each app as I don't have that kind of time especially each day...my biggest complaint with the note is the battery
    How to clear the cache on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - AndroidPIT
    brick58 likes this.
    05-08-2015 09:12 AM
    Generally, when we talk about clearing cache to help with battery issues we're talking about system cache, not application cache. This is where the system stores temporary files. Clearing it has been shown to help address different performance issues, including battery drain and it's non-destructive - you don't lose any data. Clearing app cache doesn't really help the battery drain unless you have a rogue app whose temp data has somehow made it go berserk.
    brick58 likes this.
    05-08-2015 09:17 AM
    I am holding these buttons all at once and I either get a screen shot or the weather pops up, nothing else...what am I doing wrong?
    05-08-2015 09:48 AM
    I am holding these buttons all at once and I either get a screen shot or the weather pops up, nothing else...what am I doing wrong?
    Turn the phone off.

These are the steps I use to get into recovery mode to be able to wipe the cache.

While the phone is off:

Press and hold the home button.

While still holing it down, press and hold the volume UP button.

While still holding the two above buttons, press and hold the power button.

Hold all three until you see the screen coming on, it will vibrate and there will be some blue text in the upper left and it will go into recovery mode.

I find it easier to press and hold all of these buttons at the same time, without a case on the phone. It is a little awkward to boot up this way at first. The first time I did it, it took me a come of tries to get it right.
    brick58 and Rainford like this.
    05-08-2015 10:01 AM
    thank you so much! We will see if it helps! fingers crossed!!
    05-08-2015 10:17 AM
    It is very easy to hit that power on button when trying to hold down the volume up button. Basically, hitting the power button before you are ready to hit it. If you are a man, it might be less difficult for you. I am a woman with small hands, so I have to be very deliberate in pushing and holding the buttons.

So I go very slowly and do each button, in that order, one at a time, deliberately holding down each new button for a nanosecond before hitting the next button.
    brick58 likes this.
    05-08-2015 10:22 AM