Why isn't my Headset fitting?

izstra

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Headset not fitting

It may not be that the item is defective but there was no easy topic heading to choose.

I recently got a Note 4 - via Amazon - from "ELUXE UK STORE"

The Note 4 itself works fine and I like it very much, except, the headset does not plug into the earpiece socket (nor do any of the ones I have and used for previous phones like the Galaxy S3) it is too loose and just falls back out. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Headset not fitting

It may not be that the item is defective but there was no easy topic heading to choose.

I recently got a Note 4 - via Amazon - from "ELUXE UK STORE"

The Note 4 itself works fine and I like it very much, except, the headset does not plug into the earpiece socket (nor do any of the ones I have and used for previous phones like the Galaxy S3) it is too loose and just falls back out. Am I missing something?

No headset came with my phone.

izstra

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I may be using the wrong terminology, I just meant the standard plug in earphones and mic. The ones I have (including this one) plug into my S3 and all the other old smartphones I have kicking about

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I may be using the wrong terminology, I just meant the standard plug in earphones and mic. The ones I have (including this one) plug into my S3 and all the other old smartphones I have kicking about

Yeah, the earbuds. None came with my phone. The ones that came with my S5 fit fine with this phone, it is a standard jack, any should be fine.

Make sure they are pushed all the way in. I just tried and it felt like mine stopped, but it went on in further.

izstra

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, mine has no problem going in but the sockets too wide for it to fit, none of my standard size earbuds fit

izstra

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Yikes, no - I mean it never occurred to me that it wasn't though it did have a Vodafone Greece home page in Chrome. Sorry to sound silly but hoW could I check - all the packaging looks as I'd expect it to.

THese are the sellers:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4416055

They are suggesting I go to a Samsung Support Centre with it but none are easy for me to get to without taking time of work (and it'd cost more to get there than buying a bluetooth headset instead)

Last edited:

izstra

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I looked around and saw the "sticky" re counterfeit. It looks genuine to me - it is black do not all the indicators are clear but the battery writing is as on the genuine (for example).

The seller worries me as they suggested sending more earphones even though that is not the problem or visiting a Samsung Service Centre and then after I wrote:
" There is no Samsung Service Centre near me, nearest one is a bus+train+taxi away and a day off work. "

They replied:

"I would recommend that you visit the nearest one at your convenience or perhaps send it with someone, nowadays Samsung service centres operate quicker than in the past and they can resolve matters within hours."

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I looked around and saw the "sticky" re counterfeit. It looks genuine to me - it is black do not all the indicators are clear but the battery writing is as on the genuine (for example).

The seller worries me as they suggested sending more earphones even though that is not the problem or visiting a Samsung Service Centre and then after I wrote:
" There is no Samsung Service Centre near me, nearest one is a bus+train+taxi away and a day off work. "

They replied:

"I would recommend that you visit the nearest one at your convenience or perhaps send it with someone, nowadays Samsung service centres operate quicker than in the past and they can resolve matters within hours."

Can you call Samsung? They can check the IMEI number and tell you if it is genuine.

Also the history of the phone.

izstra

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I sent a text enquiry to Samsung. I suspect it is genuine though - everything looks right - and the suppliers have now said I can post it back to them and they will take it to a Samsung Centre if I cannot take it myself. I don't think they'd offer that?suggest I went to a Samsung Centre were it not genuine. However, I don't really want to be without it so I'm thinking of buying a Bluetooth headset instead and just forgetting all about it.

I looked at other Note 4s in a shop this morning to compare them and it looks like part of mine is missing. There is no silver ring around mine where the jack goes into the socket. That's why it's too wide. It's as though a kind of metal lining that should be inside the socket is just not there.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I sent a text enquiry to Samsung. I suspect it is genuine though - everything looks right - and the suppliers have now said I can post it back to them and they will take it to a Samsung Centre if I cannot take it myself. I don't think they'd offer that?suggest I went to a Samsung Centre were it not genuine. However, I don't really want to be without it so I'm thinking of buying a Bluetooth headset instead and just forgetting all about it.

I looked at other Note 4s in a shop this morning to compare them and it looks like part of mine is missing. There is no silver ring around mine where the jack goes into the socket. That's why it's too wide. It's as though a kind of metal lining that should be inside the socket is just not there.

Yeah I agree with what you are saying.

Also that ring part might be very easy for you to put on and install. If you do a google search about replacing the earbud jack for the Note 4, you will probably find instructions on YouTube and parts on Amazon or other places.

izstra

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Kelly, I will check that out - though I don't have the missing piece - and the suppliers now say they will send me a Bluetooth headset, which will be good if they do.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Kelly, I will check that out - though I don't have the missing piece - and the suppliers now say they will send me a Bluetooth headset, which will be good if they do.

You can find a lot of pieces, really cheap, on amazon.com