Hello, my note 4 is just a week old, i'm getting 3.5h of SOT with 21% left, I wanted to ask if this is normal, as seeing other people get like 5-6 hours of SOT. I pretty much didn't used it heavy. I have Greenify installed. I'm with 4.4 Kitkat. Will buying a new battery help or I should ask them to replace the device if possible?
    05-09-2015 04:06 PM
    Hello, my note 4 is just a week old, i'm getting 3.5h of SOT with 21% left, I wanted to ask if this is normal, as seeing other people get like 5-6 hours of SOT. I pretty much didn't used it heavy. I have Greenify installed. I'm with 4.4 Kitkat. Will buying a new battery help or I should ask them to replace the device if possible?
    Have looked in the Note 4 forum? There are a couple of pinned threads and another about heavy users.
    belodion likes this.
    05-09-2015 05:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

We'll need more details first. What screen brightness are you using? What are you using the phone for? What is your signal strength? What are your basic settings for location reporting, sync etc.?
    After a day's normal use, what do your battery stats reveal as the main users of charge?

Edit: Posted same moment as previous post.

Posted via the Android Central App
    UJ95x likes this.
    05-09-2015 05:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

We'll need more details first. What screen brightness are you using? What are you using the phone for? What is your signal strength? What are your basic settings for location reporting, sync etc.?
    After a day's normal use, what do your battery stats reveal as the main users of charge?

Edit: Posted same moment as previous post.

I'm using ~60% screen brightness, I'm using it for youtube videos, reddit, some games and this, generally not heavy use. My signal is good, location is on.
    belodion likes this.
    05-09-2015 06:37 PM
    Okay. It doesn't sound very impressive to me, but perhaps not seriously bad. I'll try to grab an opinion from a Note 4 user.

Welcome as a new member.
    You may want to start posting now in the Note 4 forum, where other users of the device will be better able to advise. But I have heard that that device is said to have very impressive battery life.

05-09-2015 06:44 PM
    I get ~6 hours of SoT over ~24 hours, usually with an hour or so of music streaming (GPM or Spotify at highest quality). I don't however, have location or Bluetooth on very often. Yours doesn't sound great to me, but I wouldn't say it's bad either. You're on pace for around 5 hours of SoT.
    05-09-2015 06:50 PM
    I'm using ~60% screen brightness, I'm using it for youtube videos, reddit, some games and this, generally not heavy use. My signal is good, location is on.
    Turning off location history helps. Also turning off "always scanning" in advanced settings in WiFi help. It will use your wifi to constantly scan.

I am getting average 14 hours a day, with 6-7 hours screen time. I have my brightness turned way down and it is fine, just take a few minutes for your eyes to adjust.

I use Greenify also, seem to be about the only one on the site that likes it.

I hibernate my apps and the "putting my phone to bed" for 7-8 hours, I wake up with this, with very, very little waking.

Also, apps that sync, if the sync time is set high, can use a lot of battery.

It would help for you to post some of the battery stat screenshots, though I'm no crazy about this battery UI for Lollipop.

This is my battery and waking while I was asleep. It was 7-8 hours. I would be interested in seeing what your wake line vs your screen line looks like.
    Attached Thumbnails Why is my Note 4 battery life so poor?-1431212722297.jpg  
    05-09-2015 07:06 PM
    One more thing.. With my S5 my battery life got better when updating to Lollipop. It has always been that way with every update for every phone.

Sometimes the battery needs to "settle" in after an update. Also my steadfast rule is to do a reset in recovery, after any firmware upgrade. I started that long ago, world out any "kinks" if I have any. You have to make sure you have photos on your SD card, contacts and other things backed up. I don't save text messages, pictures go to my card and everything else is sync'd with Gmail or using Google account logging into the app. I download the apps again and set my phone back up.

My N4 was only on KitKat in the box, but I've seen many people that I know are very familiar with firmware upgrades, say that Lollipop helped their battery life.
    05-09-2015 07:16 PM
    Tomorrow I'll post some screens, just charged at 100%
    05-09-2015 08:30 PM
    Tomorrow I'll post some screens, just charged at 100%
    OK, will check for them.

Also, forgot this.. I have WiFi, in the advanced settings, to not keep WiFi on when phone is sleeping. I have nothing checked in the advanced settings and my WiFi is sleeping well and not turning on. I also so that let apps tell Google my location when they aren't running.
    05-09-2015 08:33 PM
    This is my average over the last week or so. Mostly phone calls during the work day with youtube/forums off and on.

Nearly 100% on wifi, bt always on, location always on high accuracy.

Why is my Note 4 battery life so poor?-uploadfromtaptalk1431220086070.jpg
    05-09-2015 09:09 PM
    How can I attach screens? I can't post links, I don't have 10 posts
    05-10-2015 09:02 AM
    Just trying to hit 10 posts so I can have the link posting function
    05-10-2015 09:39 AM
    That takes too long
    05-10-2015 09:40 AM
    One two three
    05-10-2015 09:41 AM
    Three two one
    05-10-2015 09:41 AM