Storage > Miscellaneous Files > [.???] Safe to Delete?

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Just curious to know what the .Hnc is here in Storage > Miscellaneous files:

5SZh6ZCl.jpg
aMBlVKrl.jpg

By the way, what's not shown is .face which I deleted. Are these safe to delete?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not if you use Stealthychief, Studio, Audible or S Note. (Zedge probably is, because you've probably moved any ringtones you downloaded to your ringtone folder.)

You're only going to free up 48.874MB out of 32KB of total storage - not much. You can clear hlf that much by clearing the cache.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Not if you use Stealthychief, Studio, Audible or S Note. (Zedge probably is, because you've probably moved any ringtones you downloaded to your ringtone folder.)

You're only going to free up 48.874MB out of 32KB of total storage - not much. You can clear hlf that much by clearing the cache.
Now that I never knew about!

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Always be careful with the miscellaneous data heading... I once cleared it and lost all photos that were ever exchanged on my phone using WhatsApp...

Sent from my Moto G 2nd Gen using Tapatalk

kryptoboi

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Always be careful with the miscellaneous data heading... I once cleared it and lost all photos that were ever exchanged on my phone using WhatsApp...

Sent from my Moto G 2nd Gen using Tapatalk

◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇○◇

**The exact same happened to me...

I lost more than 700 photos!!! Including all the voicenotes! Super depressed about it :(
Luckily my videos were saved on my memory card, so them I still have.

Just wish I saw this post before I went and deleted half my life lol :p
Well on the bright side, at least I got space on my tab again haha :D

Hope you all have a great day ♡
kryptoboi
☆☆☆☆

》》》》P.S. Guys please watch and make sure you don't delete the whatsapp miscellaneous files, you will lose all photo's, videos and voicenotes that are still in their default whatsapp folders.

Last edited:

kryptoboi

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Just a question...

Where do I go to answer other people's queries? lol

I just signed up so just wanted to know.

Thanks to the one that replies

trainer10

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Can someone help as I am getting so annoyed! I can't install whatsApp on my Samsung galaxy as it states insufficient storage space so I've uninstalled most of the applications and down to 10.84 Mb. Audio (music and ring tones) says 480 Mb but there's no music and the picture and videos says 578 Mb but I only have five pictures. Misc files states .94 Gb. My total space is only 2 Gb (it's an old phone). Help! Thanks for any help, any help at all.

Goku San

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
Re: Just a question...

There is suppose to be an arrow facing left(every person have on under the question or anwser)just click on it and u will see something pop up

karanjeff

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site

I went to settings-storage- misc and have deleted a file that makes my text font size bigger. What do i d

missustoad

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site

I deleted the Facebook app as a memory eater, but in Miscellaneous there is still a file .facebook_cache

Can I delete this? Should I? There are a couple other ones that say FB but minimal.

com.Facebook.orca and
com.Facebook.katana

missustoad

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I deleted the Facebook app as a memory eater, but in Miscellaneous there is still a file .facebook_cache

Can I delete this? Should I? There are a couple other ones that say FB but minimal.

com.Facebook.orca and
com.Facebook.katana

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton