This just started in the last 2 weeks
    I have 2 different weather time widgets and at random they lose the correct time. If I reboot my phone it goes back to the correct time. But later in the day, the time is wrong again. When it's wrong its off even with the minutes,say it's 6:00 my widgets will be 11:14. Please help. I also made sure the network time is checked in the settings. Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-10-2015 11:35 AM
    Is one of those weather widgets, Beautiful Widgets by chance?
    05-10-2015 12:28 PM
    Yes sure is.. Do you have the same problem?

05-10-2015 01:29 PM
    Yes sure is.. Do you have the same problem?

I have had that problem and others have also. I've seen people post about it in the newest reviews on BW Pro version in the Play Store.

What phone do you have?
    05-10-2015 02:55 PM
    I have had that problem and others have also. I've seen people post about it in the newest reviews on BW Pro version in the Play Store.

What phone do you have?
    I assume a Note 4 being that this is the Note 4 forums.

I used to use Beautiful Widgets on my S3 and occasionally had this issue as well.
    05-10-2015 03:15 PM
    I assume a Note 4 being that this is the Note 4 forums.

I used to use Beautiful Widgets on my S3 and occasionally had this issue as well.
    I got to this through my "participated threads" link. I can't see the forum name on my app.

I had the issue with my S5,but no other phone.. Not my S, my Note, N1, N2, N3 or N4.

**ETA: I forgot, I did start having it on my Note 3 right before I got rid of that phone**

I had the paid version, support was never much help. There came a point to where clearing cache, reboots, reinstall nor replacing the widget helped and only a reset helped.

You can send in a support request, first thing they will ask you is if you have any other apps that freeze. Then they will act like they have never heard of this happening.

My S5 had a serious problem with this happening, so far, has turned on my N4.
    05-10-2015 06:13 PM
    Yes I have The note 4 thank you for your help.

05-11-2015 08:34 AM
    Yes I have The note 4 thank you for your help.

I have not had the issue with my Note 4. I did with my Note 3 and my S5, I assumed with my S5 it was the smaller storage and RAM. BUT..it didn't start on the other two phones until I had it on there a while. I've been using BW since Gingerbread on a Galaxy S2.

My Note 4 is only a week old, the problem could pop up after a while like the others. The ONLY fix I have found is a reset, and the problem comes back after a while after that. Seems to me that something is "building up" in the BW app that is causing this after using it awhile. It started about 4 or 5 updates ago.

There is an option in the app to send logs and also to contact support.

I would do both, see if maybe you can get somewhere. I can't get their attention about this and I'm getting very, very close to complaining to Google about them. They are violating their TOS with Google, they didn't even answer my last support ticket on my S5.
    05-11-2015 12:42 PM
    The app might send the wrong GPS location to the weather web server and I think the app is reading the time from the web server and not from the phone which causes the problem.
    05-11-2015 09:15 PM
    The app might send the wrong GPS location to the weather web server and I think the app is reading the time from the web server and not from the phone which causes the problem.
    It does it if you use GPS location or a location by zip code.

It also has your location listed on the widget and it will have the correct location listed, your city.
    05-11-2015 09:46 PM
    It does it if you use GPS location or a location by zip code.

It also has your location listed on the widget and it will have the correct location listed, your city.
    The problem occurred in more than one phone and we can eliminate the phone as a cause of the problem.

Usually the time and date are stored in UTC time zone, this requires changing this time to your city time zone. If you still face the problem, try to change the city to another city and check if the time is still valid. For example, Dayton, Ohio is -4 hours from UTC, when you select Dayton, Ohio, check the time of the widget with the current time in Dayton. Try also to change the location to a city like London, UK and see if the time is correct.

The problem is a time zone conversion. It might be a bug in the code of the app or a bug on the web server.
    05-11-2015 10:04 PM
    The problem occurred in more than one phone and we can eliminate the phone as a cause of the problem.

Usually the time and date are stored in UTC time zone, this requires changing this time to your city time zone. If you still face the problem, try to change the city to another city and check if the time is still valid. For example, Dayton, Ohio is -4 hours from UTC, when you select Dayton, Ohio, check the time of the widget with the current time in Dayton. Try also to change the location to a city like London, UK and see if the time is correct.

The problem is a time zone conversion. It might be a bug in the code of the app or a bug on the web server.
    No it isn't a time zone conversion, it is like a clock slowing down.

It might be off 4 minutes right now and an hour later, 38 minutes slow.
    05-11-2015 10:25 PM
    This is an old screenshot I sent to support when reporting this again. Notice the times listed, it just isn't keeping up. It is like the widget clock slows down and will generally be fine if you reboot. The longer you go after rebooting, the further behind it gets.
    Attached Thumbnails Help with my widgets!!-1431401927902.jpg  
    05-11-2015 10:38 PM
    This is an old screenshot I sent to support when reporting this again. Notice the times listed, it just isn't keeping up. It is like the widget clock slows down and will generally be fine if you reboot. The longer you go after rebooting, the further behind it gets.
    ok. I though the problem is about the weather forecast time

In this case try to uninstall and install the application. If there clock run without a problem after re-installing it, then the problem could be caused by an error in the code which causes the widget to crash. In this case another instance of the widget will take over. There will be many processes in the background (Phantom widgets) and this will cause a delay in updating your widget.
    05-12-2015 08:11 PM
    ok. I though the problem is about the weather forecast time

In this case try to uninstall and install the application. If there clock run without a problem after re-installing it, then the problem could be caused by an error in the code which causes the widget to crash. In this case another instance of the widget will take over. There will be many processes in the background (Phantom widgets) and this will cause a delay in updating your widget.
    When you uninstall and reinstall it will start doing this again. It will update the weather, etc. Once it starts doing this, then it happens quicker and quicker each time you uninstall and reinstall. I run a lot of widgets and it is the only one that seems to freeze. When it starts doing it, eventually only a reset has fixed it for me. I've cleared data, uninstalled, cleared cache, deleted extra apps, make sure I had less than 1 gig of RAM in use on my S5. There is just something wrong with that clock time on the BW app.

They have something wrong in the app and it happened in the last year. It is really irritating, especially when you have the paid version. I don't like paying for an app and they have an issue for over a year they act like they don't know is happening.
    05-12-2015 08:20 PM
    I was going to install BW on my phone but now im having second thoughts. Do any of you recommend a weather/time widget that is clear/transparent? Just want to be able to see my wall paper through it. Thanks
    05-15-2015 09:01 PM
    I was going to install BW on my phone but now im having second thoughts. Do any of you recommend a weather/time widget that is clear/transparent? Just want to be able to see my wall paper through it. Thanks
    What's wrong with the stock clear clock/weather widget?
    JWG2011 likes this.
    05-15-2015 10:09 PM
    You can adjust the transparency of the stock weather widget.

If you're looking for a little something extra in terms of the layout, you can go with Zooper Widget, which is practically unlimited in terms of the number of layouts and configurations you can use. It's time consuming to set up, especially for new users who are unfamiliar with it.

If you want something quick and easy, give Amber Weather a try. I just stumbled across it a couple days ago and it has a few different templates you can use. I beleive the app was free and it provides you a few free templates to use. You can also purchase upgraded templates if you want. I've attached a screen shot of the widget I'm using right now (just the clock and weather widget in the middle, not the switches on thw top and bottom). Didn't pay a single cent for it.

JWG2011 likes this.
    05-15-2015 10:45 PM
    Sorry....hit the submit button instead of the attach icon. Here's the ss.

Attached Thumbnails Help with my widgets!!-screenshot_2015-05-15-23-45-02.jpg  
    05-15-2015 10:48 PM
    Thanks for the information. I did not realize that you could adjust the transparency of the stock widget. Really appreciate the help and suggestion.
    05-16-2015 12:54 AM
    I haven't had the issue at all on my Note 4. I have never used the free version, but you should be able to use the free version for a while to see if you are going to have the issue. Also some of the games from the Play Store and not even the high graphics very extensive graphics, could be causing it or some other app that might cause some issues with it.

I installed a small game the other night and it wasn't some huge, major game and immediately I started noticing a lit of things not going smooth. I knew which app it was, because it started immediately. I uninstalled it and the problem was gone.

On my S5 I had several small "keep me busy" games I would play if stuck waiting, in traffic or riding in the car for a long time. I didn't install all of those back on my N4,so I don't have any idea what app could have possibly been causing the problem.
    05-16-2015 05:02 AM
    I have recently installed Weather Timeline. It gives an option for the information source used. The widgets are scalable and transparency can also be adjusted as is background color and font colour Help with my widgets!!-screenshots_2015-05-17-08-32-07.jpg. Still verifying the ability to display weather history. My own rainfall data only goes back to 2004.Help with my widgets!!-screenshots_2015-05-17-08-38-36.jpg widget blended into desktop

Ps: The "umbrella" warning is adjustable to display a warning ⚠ if the forecasted rain exceeds 20mm. Forecast today was only 4.6mm hence no warning ⚠ but day shows rain.
    05-17-2015 01:40 AM
    I just finished adding a a clock to my widget and I think the problem could be one of the following based on my experience:
    1- Your phone OS has a bug
    2- Google updated some codes that is used to display clock. The old version (DigitalClock) is not supported anymore and it is working on android API 15 and lower. The second version (TextClock) is for android 16+. The app might still uses the old version.
    3- The app has its own script for displaying the time and does not depend on any external source. in this case there might be a bug in the app.
    05-22-2015 03:09 PM
    Just thinking about this, if you have a cleaning app (I use All-In-One Toolbox), it's possible that every time you use the task killer, it's actually stopping the widget.

Most of them have a white list option so that you can choose certain apps/widgets for it to ignore, otherwise those widgets will "freeze."

05-22-2015 07:23 PM