05-17-2015 10:50 AM
34 12
tools
    Thinking of taking my screen protector off... anybody else doing this and if so, are you getting any micro scratches??? Let me know please...

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-10-2015 08:00 PM
    I did after having a Skinomi on my Edge. No regrets. No micro scratches. Happy going raw dog here. Of course, I am careful to a point of OCD.
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-10-2015 08:07 PM
    Case no. I have a thin tempered glass protector from Verizon!
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-10-2015 08:10 PM
    Do you have any halo around the edges?

05-10-2015 08:34 PM
    Been thinking about doing so. I've no known/visible surface screen scratches on the iPhone 5 that I had for some two (2) years. The SGN.IV I now have the VzW Rep applied while I was in store. Maybe just to lazy to remove on my part.
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-10-2015 08:45 PM
    Do you have any halo around the edges?

Not that I can see!
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-10-2015 08:47 PM
    Thinking of taking my screen protector off... anybody else doing this and if so, are you getting any micro scratches??? Let me know please...

I have nothing on my screen, never have, except a reusable protector on my Note 2, for like 5 minutes.

I never get scratches, but my phone never goes in my purse, only in my pocket and only by itself. I've been through 7 Galaxy Series phones and never a scratch, not a single tiny scratch, ever.
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-10-2015 08:56 PM
    Raw dog screen since I got it. Still looks good. The glass on the phone is stronger and more scratch resistant than any stoopid screen protector

Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-10-2015 09:49 PM
    I don't use a screen protector either. No scratches.
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-10-2015 10:50 PM
    Raw dog.

Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-10-2015 11:42 PM
    Raw dog screen since I got it. Still looks good. The glass on the phone is stronger and more scratch resistant than any stoopid screen protector

I don't necessarily agree with that. The Zagg tempered glass is much scratch resistance vs the gorilla glass that the Note 4 has. I can use my key and try to scratch the surface of the zagg tempered glass but it's almost impossible.
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-11-2015 12:46 AM
    I love it bareback. Nothing yet
    05-11-2015 11:56 PM
    The Note 4 is the first device for which I didn't buy any display protection. The glass feels so nice and smooth that I didn't want to cover it with anything. I don't use a case either.

Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-12-2015 09:35 AM
    i've been using mine with no case or screen protector since i got it in early december. i have maybe 3 or 4 microscratches, can't see them except in perfect lighting with screen off. i usually prefer to use screen protectors but can't stand the halo from curved glass, had the same problem with my old at&t htc one x awhile back

should mention that i don't baby the device, as i have no plans to keep it - it was purchased on an at&t next plan and will be traded in at the end, just like the moto x; i don't love it enough to keep it
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-12-2015 10:16 AM
    I have nothing on my screen, never have, except a reusable protector on my Note 2, for like 5 minutes.

I never get scratches, but my phone never goes in my purse, only in my pocket and only by itself. I've been through 7 Galaxy Series phones and never a scratch, not a single tiny scratch, ever.
    I've also never used a screen protector on any phone I've owned. I think one of my old blackberrys got a little scratch on the screen but that's it.

I hate the look and feel of all screen protectors.
    Brian Kenny and Kelly Kearns like this.
    05-12-2015 10:31 AM
    I work at a hardware store. Come in contact with all kinds of materials and junk. No scratches.

All it takes is one piece of sandy dust. Anything with grit. Don't put your phone where you keep nail file. In a pocket after you go to the beach etc.

Keys will never scratch gorrila glass.

Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-12-2015 10:54 AM

Yeah and it's free and takes 30 seconds to replace the screen protector if it does happen to get scratched. If your screen got scratched, it would be hundreds of dollars and two weeks to ship it off to have it replaced and then sent back.
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-12-2015 11:55 AM
    i've been using mine with no case or screen protector since i got it in early december. i have maybe 3 or 4 microscratches, can't see them except in perfect lighting with screen off. i usually prefer to use screen protectors but can't stand the halo from curved glass, had the same problem with my old at&t htc one x awhile back

should mention that i don't baby the device, as i have no plans to keep it - it was purchased on an at&t next plan and will be traded in at the end, just like the moto x; i don't love it enough to keep it
    I don't keep mine either. I baby them to get high price when I sell them, and I always get it.
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-12-2015 12:17 PM
    Scratched screens don't bother me much. I have faith in gorrila glass and my ability to not be careless. As long as it functions properly it's worth it to not have extra crap on the screen. I use a minimal case with raised lip that protects from dropping and protects the screen enough.

Brian Kenny likes this.
    05-12-2015 01:02 PM
    I don't keep mine either. I baby them to get high price when I sell them, and I always get it.
    case + screen protector for the device's entire life is definitely the way to go for best selling price
    05-12-2015 11:05 PM
    I use a minimal case with raised lip...

THIS. A simple case with a raised lip is all you need. I haven't scratched a phone screen since those old flip phones with the plastic screens. In fact, the only time I've ever broken a screen was because I'd taken the case off and dropped the phone on its edge. I just don't see the need for an extra layer on the phone. It just interferes with the touch screen. The glass ones are better, but still not perfect.

kirksucks likes this.
    05-12-2015 11:19 PM
    I have a crystal clear glass protector brand of some sort and don't get to anal about it... screen is protected... sensitivity is normal... what's the issue... apart from don't have one and have a screen that isn't protected as well.

Posted from my rooted Note 4 and loving it
    05-13-2015 04:01 PM
    I did after having a Skinomi on my Edge. No regrets. No micro scratches. Happy going raw dog here. Of course, I am careful to a point of OCD.
    Carefull to point of OCD... nuff said... get a screen protector if your not

05-13-2015 04:03 PM
    Screen protector no. I have a thin tempered glass protector from Verizon!
    Is that not a screen protector

05-13-2015 04:03 PM
    Is that not a screen protector

Sorry. That was supposed to say case. LOL
    05-13-2015 04:45 PM
34 12