I just wiped the cache partition and reset my phone to factory after being forced to upgrade to Lollipop......

so I removed the SD card as I don't want my apps to be installed on the SD card for better speed and snapiness. I also don't want the SD card to be used to take my photos. I just wanna place my MP3s in there and documents and pictures that I choose but want to leave the camera app using the internal phone storage for taking photos and also don't want any apps moving on to the SD card.

I have formatted the SD card but I didn't insert it into the computer.phone and am in the process of initializing my phone again / reinstalling the apps but on the phone this time since there is no SD card inserted. How to prevent the usage of the SD card but have control of what I want to go on it?
    05-11-2015 01:34 AM
    When you now insert the sd card, go to the camera. It will ask you if you want to use the newly inserted card as default. Choose no.

Apps will not automatically be installed in the sd card. You have to move them there. So that should not be an issue.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    05-11-2015 01:45 AM
    Apps won't be installed on the SD card unless you manually move them there. The camera will attempt to use the SD card if it finds one installed but you can switch back to internal storage in the camera settings. The android os will create an android folder on the SD card and dump a limited amount of junk there but I don't know what it is.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    05-11-2015 01:49 AM
    When you now insert the sd card, go to the camera. It will ask you if you want to use the newly inserted card as default. Choose no.

Apps will not automatically be installed in the sd card. You have to move them there. So that should not be an issue.
    thanks a lot dawg
    05-11-2015 11:41 AM