Help me root my Note 4

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to Root my Note 4 running this OS:

N910CXXU1AOA2_N910COJV1AOA2_N910CXXU1ANL3_HOME.tar.md5

I installed the OS and upon the initial setup after entering my email and stuff, the moment it started to redownload all my apps from the online backup cloud, I removed the battery

Now I tried rooting it using this CF-Autoroot but this is what I get:

2jdq846.jpg

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

any help?

It is a SM-N910C international bought in Dubai, could that be the problem?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When I rooted my Note 4 after upgrading to Lollipop, the first step in the rooting process was supposed to fail. Did you continue to follow the instructions after it fails?

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
When I rooted my Note 4 after upgrading to Lollipop, the first step in the rooting process was supposed to fail. Did you continue to follow the instructions after it fails?

yes after the fail I tried many times, tried restarting the phone by pulling the battery and putting it back in Download Mode but no luck. I am tried of this so I'll just see how this One Click Root goes

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I read a few reviews online and they seem to be legit, I am helpless as well as I got no help from forums I asked this same question a month back but can't find the thread, no luck

These forums don't focus on Android Development.

You will get plenty of help at xda, but, you need to read entire threads and really search before asking questions. They won't just answer a question that doesn't belong, the members will be snarky if you haven't searched on forums or read the entire thread and it was covered in the thread.

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I read a few reviews online and they seem to be legit, I am helpless as well as I got no help from forums I asked this same question a month back but can't find the thread, no luck
Well I had ZERO experience in rooting phones and was successful my very first try on my Note 4 and Note Edge. If I can do it, you can to. You really can't mess it up if you take your time and read each step a few times before going forward.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
They were able to root my device!

What they did that I did differently is disable the Activation Lock from the Settings / Security which I didn't do before

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They were able to root my device!

What they did that I did differently is disable the Activation Lock from the Settings / Security which I didn't do before

Yes, that needs to be done.

I also hope it wasn't much and they were legit. I don't like ANYONE having access in my phone. I only let AT&T and Samsung, sometimes remote into my phone, I try not to even let them do it if I can get by without them doing it.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that needs to be done.

I also hope it wasn't much and they were legit. I don't like ANYONE having access in my phone. I only let AT&T and Samsung, sometimes remote into my phone, I try not to even let them do it if I can get by without them doing it.
It cost me 40 USD but I was that desparate! that lollipop crippled my phone so much in terms of speed and battery and even with the security wipe / cache wipe it helped a bit but it was no where near the smoothness of Kit Kat! I feel like I just bought a new phone! Disabled Knox right away and never even saw the OS update!

This is the correct root file if anyone needs it, the one I had earlier was wrong also: https://download.chainfire.eu/559/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-trelte-treltexx-smn910c.zip

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It cost me 40 USD but I was that desparate! that lollipop crippled my phone so much in terms of speed and battery and even with the security wipe / cache wipe it helped a bit but it was no where near the smoothness of Kit Kat! I feel like I just bought a new phone! Disabled Knox right away and never even saw the OS update!

This is the correct root file if anyone needs it, the one I had earlier was wrong also: https://download.chainfire.eu/559/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-trelte-treltexx-smn910c.zip

$40 is still an ouch.. I had never rooted, decided to root my S5, after reading the thread for the AT&T S5 at xda, asking a couple of questions, it took me less than 5 minutes. I used TowelRoot to root mine.

Do you have an international phone? Or a US branded phone with the carrier you are using?

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey, do you have a link to the root process? I have rooted all my prior devices using ODIN, but have left this one alone so far.

Thanks!

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
$40 is still an ouch.. I had never rooted, decided to root my S5, after reading the thread for the AT&T S5 at xda, asking a couple of questions, it took me less than 5 minutes. I used TowelRoot to root mine.

Do you have an international phone? Or a US branded phone with the carrier you are using?
international, I don't mind paying for the Note 4 with Kit Kat that I have now! You don't understand the beauty and snappiness of Kit Kat until you have used Lollipop for a month like I did

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
international, I don't mind paying for the Note 4 with Kit Kat that I have now! You don't understand the beauty and snappiness of Kit Kat until you have used Lollipop for a month like I did

I thought that was what you had.

Yeah I understand KitKat and Lollipop both, I've had both of them the last month, I just prefer Lollipop myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad