After Rooting, how do I disable the automatic update to Lollipop?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm aware of that. I just posted that because it mentions that it will be tripped when rooting. I have read that it began with the Note 3.

Oh..no, the S5 on KitKat was able to root without tripping. My Samsung guy even checked mine after I unroooted it.

We had to roll back Kernels and then Odin the Samsung tar. It was able to be done not long ago. I bought my S5 last November and rooted it a couple months later and I using the AT&T method thread at xda, it didn't trip Knox.

Also, I never did flash any ROM that wasn't the official Samsung. Don't know if that makes a difference. I just rooted to be able to delete bloatware.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh..no, the S5 on KitKat was able to root without tripping. My Samsung guy even checked mine after I unroooted it.

We had to roll back Kernels and then Odin the Samsung tar. It was able to be done not long ago. I bought my S5 last November and rooted it a couple months later and I using the AT&T method thread at xda, it didn't trip Knox.

Also, I never did flash any ROM that wasn't the official Samsung. Don't know if that makes a difference. I just rooted to be able to delete bloatware.

But remember, the S series phones are different from the Note phones. The s6 can also be rooted now without tripping Knox but the next firmware version may very well prevent that.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey