Problems with Verizon Note 4 Lollipop

roams11

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
A quick update. Other than the design changes that effectively downgraded notifications from previous versions, I have found that the factory reset/clean install (as suggested) largely addressed the lag issues etc. In fact, I'm finding it to be quite an improvement. Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Not sure what to say. I don't have any of those problems. I'm on verizon as well. I would do a factory restore unless someone has another suggestion. Sounds like a train wreck. Sorry you are having all of these issues. I would be very frustrated.

Sent from my Note 4

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This update has so many frustrations, it is time to do something about it. Not exhaustive, but here is a list of some issues I've been experiencing.
  • Call button too close to home button on call screen causing unintentional redial after hanging up and attempting to hit home screen and getting the call button involved.
  • Obtrusive and overly persistent notifications disrupting work flow.
  • Font too large and background too bright and non-transparent on notifications. It's ugly.
  • Too many apps hijacking notifications now that it's effectiveness has diminished. Spam-like.
  • Some notifications, such as Google Play Store's, do not hyperlink to the app when connected.
  • Touchwiz often crashes.
  • Bluetooth stops working/disconnect often.
  • Earpiece and speaker go mute periodically while on phone.
  • No longer able to choose mute, vibrate, or sound from the lock screen.
  • cannot edit alarm from the widget
  • pictures taken within apps have the wrong orientation when saved in photo album
Any suggestions or similar experiences appreciated. It is making me want to try Fi and go with the Nexus.

For your notifications, go into "Sounds & Notifications" and you can turn notifications for specific apps.

The making a call back after hanging up, that has happened with me several times, did it earlier today.

pdalper

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I too have all the same issues. Maybe it is something in the North East. I would love a solution!

Posted via the Android Central App

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My navigation is horrible since the lollipop update, and now I get dropped calls with Verizon.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
roams11, Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble and Thank you so much for posting a detailed list of items you are having trouble with after installing Lollipop. I have been deferring my update to a later date for like 2 weeks now and will continue to do so!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
On verizon here and no issues what so ever. Best android OS yet. With all these issue you are having, my advice is to do a factory rest and start fresh. It's going to take more effort and time to try and fix these issues one by one.

floridahater

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
After I got 5.0 for my Note 4 on Verizon , I didn't hesitate , I did a factory reset immediately and have had no problems at all. Smooth and nice.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting way more dropped calls and the phone gets hot when not using power save mode. But other than that, I really like the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12