Anyone getting frustrated by this?? Is there a fix that anyone knows about any time soon? I have to reboot this thing every couple days b/c it starts to lag and run like absolute crap. While that doesn't sound so bad, it's the peak of frustration for me. I get frustrated probably 10 hours after a reboot.

God I wish there was a reason to root this thing for Verizon. I think I'm gonna have to trade it for a G4 if the camera is 3/4 as good as this one. Might be the end of Samsung's crappy products for me. It's quite amazing what it's like when you have Sammy products majority of your life, get used to their ways, then go to Moto and realize what everything should be like.

Any info would be appreciated. Sorry if it's been discussed. I haven't seen anything recent. Please refer to a current thread and lock this one if it exists.

Thanks!
    05-13-2015 09:27 AM
    Have you wiped the cache?

Have you reset through recovery?

Have you tried any steps so far to correct it?

When did the lag start happening?
    05-13-2015 09:55 AM
    Have you updated to 5.1.1? Google partially addressed the leak problem in that build but has acknowledged more is needed before it is fully fixed.

Edit: Oops, ignore this as I'm confusing my Note 4 with my Nexus 7. 5.1 addressed a memory leak.
    05-13-2015 11:01 AM
    i have no memory leak issue but i really think it's the current apps that you have that are the trouble makers.
    05-13-2015 11:18 AM
    Have you updated to 5.1.1? Google partially addressed the leak problem in that build but has acknowledged more is needed before it is fully fixed.

Edit: Oops, confusing my Note 4 with my Nexus 7.
    Where did you get 5.1.1 from or is it some custom rom?
    05-13-2015 11:19 AM
    Where did you get 5.1.1 from or is it some customs rom?
    See my post edit - I screwed up.
    05-13-2015 11:20 AM
    Just got my carrier update to Lollipop... Having the same issue as well.
    05-13-2015 12:50 PM
    Has anyone done a cache wipe after their update at least?

Personally, I do a reset through recovery after every firmware update.
    05-13-2015 02:04 PM
    Has anyone done a cache wipe after their update at least?

Personally, I do a reset through recovery after every firmware update.
    I always wipe cache immediately after updates no matter big or small.
    05-13-2015 02:44 PM
    Have you wiped the cache?

Have you reset through recovery?

Have you tried any steps so far to correct it?

When did the lag start happening?
    LOL sorry, missed this.

I have wiped cache, I have tried to disable apps I don't use, lag happened after the 5.0.1 update and after a couple days (at best) of use. Wiping cache is the only step I've taken thus far as well as disabling apps.
    05-13-2015 02:45 PM
    See my post edit - I screwed up.
    And you got me excited in your screw up lol. I know it's coming soon b/c the 5.1.1 has been sent out to the GS6 but I just hope it comes to us soon. This is getting annoying... very annoying. If it weren't for the camera, I would've already ditched this phone for something else. This will be the last Sammy product I buy unfortunately. They're just not very good devices unless you can root them.
    05-13-2015 02:46 PM
    I always do a reset from recovery mode, personally and disable apps I can that I don't use.
    05-13-2015 03:01 PM
    Just read on XDA that there is a ROOT!!! FINALLY!! Not completely finished but it looks extremely promising. If so, I cannot wait to root this device. It'll easily be the best phone on the planet once rooted!!

It's so sad that made me so excited.
    05-13-2015 03:28 PM
    And you got me excited in your screw up lol. I know it's coming soon b/c the 5.1.1 has been sent out to the GS6 but I just hope it comes to us soon. This is getting annoying... very annoying. If it weren't for the camera, I would've already ditched this phone for something else. This will be the last Sammy product I buy unfortunately. They're just not very good devices unless you can root them.
    After 5.1.1 on my Nexus 7 I ended up doing a factory reset and fresh install because I was having unusually high battery drain due to OS usage. Works like a charm now.
    05-13-2015 03:33 PM
    After 5.1.1 on my Nexus 7 I ended up doing a factory reset and fresh install because I was having unusually high battery drain due to OS usage. Works like a charm now.
    That's great news assuming the root takes longer than anticipated to get in a superb working fashion. Thanks for the heads up!
    05-13-2015 03:43 PM
    Maybe this is similar to the problem I'm having... I'll have a certain few apps that will lag and eventually crash if I use them for too long. Facebook and Reddit seem to be the big culprits.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    05-13-2015 03:46 PM
    Just read on XDA that there is a ROOT!!! FINALLY!! Not completely finished but it looks extremely promising. If so, I cannot wait to root this device. It'll easily be the best phone on the planet once rooted!!

It's so sad that made me so excited.
    Are you on Verizon?
    05-13-2015 04:05 PM
    Maybe this is similar to the problem I'm having... I'll have a certain few apps that will lag and eventually crash if I use them for too long. Facebook and Reddit seem to be the big culprits.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Facebook is generally a huge resources hog. It can get up to 250 MB and more, when using it.
    05-13-2015 04:07 PM
    For those experiencing the memory leak, are you using Application Manager/Running to see how much RAM apps are using?

Before:
    Reboot phone, make note of Phone Memory stats for System, Apps, and Free; and then capture how much RAM open apps are using.

After:
    Use phone for however many hours it takes to notice lag, make note of Phone Memory stats for System, Apps, and Free; and then capture how much RAM open apps are using.

Analyze:
    Compare the differences (if any) among the before and after for the Phone Memory stats and individual apps. If after normal use, Free memory decreases, then is that what is being used to determine that there is a memory leak?
    05-13-2015 11:10 PM
    For those experiencing the memory leak, are you using Application Manager/Running to see how much RAM apps are using?

Before:
    Reboot phone, make note of Phone Memory stats for System, Apps, and Free; and then capture how much RAM open apps are using.

After:
    Use phone for however many hours it takes to notice lag, make note of Phone Memory stats for System, Apps, and Free; and then capture how much RAM open apps are using.

Analyze:
    Compare the differences (if any) among the before and after for the Phone Memory stats and individual apps. If after normal use, Free memory decreases, then is that what is being used to determine that there is a memory leak?
    This is a good idea and I haven't done this. Thanks for the suggestion. I feel like S Voice might be a big culprit and I don't know a soul who uses it lol. I disabled it's quick launch to attempt to rid my home button lag and that didn't really help. I just disabled it via App Manager along w/ a few others that have no point so let's see if anything improves.

Thanks again!
    05-14-2015 08:00 AM