06-21-2015 04:40 AM
41 12
tools
    Well, I for one had no problem at all since purchased new about 3 months ago. Although I did get rid of TouchWiz in favour of Nova Prime launcher and also using SwiftKey keyboard because it's just awesome. But, yeah, great phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-18-2015 10:53 PM
    Well with anything, you can have problems. One thing I never do is buy the new one when it first comes out. If there are some issues, I let them figure that out and then I buy the later manufacturered ones.

Did you buy from an individual? Do you still have warranty?
    I agree I never buy a new phone as soon as it comes out. I usually wait about 3 months after the release. I haven't had any issues with my Note 4 even after the Lollipop update
    May be I've just been lucky, but all my Android phones to date (HTC Thunderbolt, Note 2, and Note 4) have been problem free even though I picked them up immediately upon release (actually pre-ordered them directly from Verizon). I think there are just bad batches that can happen regardless if it's the initial release or later. Then it can just be the luck of the draw whether you get a bad one or not. Overall though, I think most OEM's do a pretty good job keeping the percentage of bad ones low considering the high number of devices they crank out.
    ehstaley likes this.
    05-18-2015 11:11 PM
    Rock solid with KitKat and with lollipop. I have a lot of apps, and believe it or not I use most of them, I happened to notice when I was logged in to the Play Store that I had a 152 apps.
    Honestly, I don't know if that's high or low or average. what I do know is that my phone is amazingly rock solid, I do use nova launcher as I prefer it to TouchWiz.

I have animations turned off, with the nova settings set to faster than light. And everything works just the way I like it, no lag. I will say that I did not get the note 4 until it had been out for about 6 months though. and I will probably wait on the note5 upgrade as well. That is assuming that they don't remove the option for removable battery and microSD...
    05-18-2015 11:16 PM
    May be I've just been lucky, but all my Android phones to date (HTC Thunderbolt, Note 2, and Note 4) have been problem free even though I picked them up immediately upon release (actually pre-ordered them directly from Verizon). I think there are just bad batches that can happen regardless if it's the initial release or later. Then it can just be the luck of the draw whether you get a bad one or not. Overall though, I think most OEM's do a pretty good job keeping the percentage of bad ones low considering the high number of devices they crank out.
    I'm the same way with cars and all electronics, very, very rarely buy anything as soon as it comes out. If there is going to be a known issue, it is going to be discovered in that first batch.

Now that doesn't mean I think there will always be an issue or if one is discovered, that it won't be fixed. I just don't want to have to deal with the issue. If there is a problem with anything, it is going to be that group that buys the first batch that discovers it and has to deal with it.
    05-18-2015 11:54 PM
    quick update with my phone issue. went into the samsung store today they were really good. looked at my phone and turns out there was some little bits of fluff etc from my works trousers covering the mic, he used a magnfying glass to see this. however one of the mics isn't working as it should be. but not bad enough for a repair as its still working/ again.
    06-05-2015 02:44 PM
    still have the SIM Card not recognized issue.. actually getting worse.. it is intermittent.. called Verizon this morning.. one of the Cust Svc reps said she knew how to fix it.. ( I think not).. Verizon had sent me a new SIM card.. so she tells me to just remove and reinsert the old one.. I did.. still doing it.. called back get another Cust Svc Rep.. a different scenario.. finally I told them I wanted a real tech and they put me thru to one.. he said according to his bulletins that it is a known issue with the Note 4.. he said he didn't have a fix .. gave me the Samsung phone #..

called Samsung Tech Support.. the tech there said it was a software issue.. doubt it.. so he had me put my Note 4 into Safe mode.. I guess this is why all the new Samsung phones won't be coming out with Micro SD cards as they are blaming the problem on the apps on the micro SD card.. then he wanted me to go to the nearest Best Buy since they have a Samsung store there and have one of the techs check to see if all my apps are good and don't have a virus.. I laughed at him...still no fix although the rep said it might come down to a hardware issue with the SIM card not being seated in its slot properly( duh) I could have told him that.. looks like the problem will continue and Samsung has no intention of fixing it..

between Verizon and Samsung and all the rest of the companies .. not nice... looks like this will be a battle since a replacement phone will probably not make a difference since it's an issue across the board with this Note 4..
    06-08-2015 06:30 PM
    still have the SIM Card not recognized issue.. actually getting worse.. it is intermittent.. called Verizon this morning.. one of the Cust Svc reps said she knew how to fix it.. ( I think not).. Verizon had sent me a new SIM card.. so she tells me to just remove and reinsert the old one.. I did.. still doing it.. called back get another Cust Svc Rep.. a different scenario.. finally I told them I wanted a real tech and they put me thru to one.. he said according to his bulletins that it is a known issue with the Note 4.. he said he didn't have a fix .. gave me the Samsung phone #..

called Samsung Tech Support.. the tech there said it was a software issue.. doubt it.. so he had me put my Note 4 into Safe mode.. I guess this is why all the new Samsung phones won't be coming out with Micro SD cards as they are blaming the problem on the apps on the micro SD card.. then he wanted me to go to the nearest Best Buy since they have a Samsung store there and have one of the techs check to see if all my apps are good and don't have a virus.. I laughed at him...still no fix although the rep said it might come down to a hardware issue with the SIM card not being seated in its slot properly( duh) I could have told him that.. looks like the problem will continue and Samsung has no intention of fixing it..

between Verizon and Samsung and all the rest of the companies .. not nice... looks like this will be a battle since a replacement phone will probably not make a difference since it's an issue across the board with this Note 4..
    That sounds like a bad card reader to me. This has not been an across the board issue.
    06-08-2015 07:11 PM
    all I've been reading is about a SIM Card problem as I posted about ..so it is just not my Note 4.. Verizon acknowledges it is a big problem if you contact their actual Tech support not one of the Customer Svc reps who try to do a tap dance thinking they can solve it when they can't.. the Verizon Tech referred me to Samsung....Samsung Support acknowledged it is a problem .. they will not admit to a hardware problem at first stating it must be a software glitch but then say it could be a hardware problem..

bottomline ... I would say it is across the board with not a fix in sight from either Verizon or Samsung..

if you or anyone else knows the fix please post...much appreciated
    06-15-2015 01:30 PM
    all I've been reading is about a SIM Card problem as I posted about ..so it is just not my Note 4.. Verizon acknowledges it is a big problem if you contact their actual Tech support not one of the Customer Svc reps who try to do a tap dance thinking they can solve it when they can't.. the Verizon Tech referred me to Samsung....Samsung Support acknowledged it is a problem .. they will not admit to a hardware problem at first stating it must be a software glitch but then say it could be a hardware problem..

bottomline ... I would say it is across the board with not a fix in sight from either Verizon or Samsung..

I don't doubt your having a problem . but ive owned and used multiple units of the s3 note2 note3 note4 and know several people that have notes and have never seen that issue nor do I recall reading of others having that problem. question how many apps do you have installed ?
    also why not try a replacement device ? it cant hurt and might solve the problem . I just don't think its a wide spread issue.
    06-15-2015 09:49 PM
    I don't doubt your having a problem . but ive owned and used multiple units of the s3 note2 note3 note4 and know several people that have notes and have never seen that issue nor do I recall reading of others having that problem. question how many apps do you have installed ?
    also why not try a replacement device ? it cant hurt and might solve the problem . I just don't think its a wide spread issue.
    as I stated.. Verizon Tech thinks it's a major issue as they received bulletins from Samsung.. Samsung thinks it's an issue and no one has the fix ..or they don't want to have the fix if it means recalling them because of a hardware issue.. if you don't believe that about Verizon call their Tech Support
    ( not the Cust Svc Reps)
    it's posted all over the place .. all you have to do is Google 'SIM Card not Recognized Note 4' or 'SIM card not detected'
    [Q] Unable to detect sim card | Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

also on the S4 et al
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - " Sim card not detected - reboot " - Samsung - Android Smartphones
    06-16-2015 12:23 PM
    as I stated.. Verizon Tech thinks it's a major issue as they received bulletins from Samsung.. Samsung thinks it's an issue and no one has the fix ..or they don't want to have the fix if it means recalling them because of a hardware issue.. if you don't believe that about Verizon call their Tech Support
    ( not the Cust Svc Reps)
    it's posted all over the place .. all you have to do is Google 'SIM Card not Recognized Note 4' or 'SIM card not detected'
    [Q] Unable to detect sim card | Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

also on the S4 et al
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - " Sim card not detected - reboot " - Samsung - Android Smartphones
    swap it for a new one i doubt you would have the same issue.
    06-17-2015 08:20 PM
    I'm having a problem within the SMS application where my texts freeze. I can go through the motions of texting and suddenly the whole sentence cranks out. I've noticed it more with certain contacts as well (where there are longer threads of text messages usually). I just cleared my cache but there's still just a little lag. Anyone having this issue? It is ONLY with SMS. It doesn't happen while typing in any other application.
    06-17-2015 11:58 PM
    I've had my N4 since November with zero issues (until yesterday) and love the device.

Tried to charge the phone last night and received an error message saying

"Unable to charge

Unable to charge your phone. Make sure that you are using a Samsung-cmpatible battery and charger, and that your phone is properly connected to the charger."

Tried three different chargers (two were chargers that came with N4). Same message. Then watched the charger percentage crash...15%-1% within a few seconds.

Turned the phone off and left if off the charger overnight. Plugged it in this morning and got the error message twice but managed to charge it up.

I've just started searching for fixes (hopefully it's just a battery).
    06-18-2015 09:05 AM
    My Note sucks on multitasking..
    If i open more than 5 apps at a time with one heavy load and other 4 mediate apps. The phone goes drunk and moves literally very slowly!
    Is it the phone's problem or should i check out or do something on my side !
    06-18-2015 11:07 AM
    My Note sucks on multitasking..
    If i open more than 5 apps at a time with one heavy load and other 4 mediate apps. The phone goes drunk and moves literally very slowly!
    Is it the phone's problem or should i check out or do something on my side !
    I'm not sure why yours is doing that unless you have some app that uses an unusual amount today resources open.

I literally have 10+ apps open on my phone, 24/7 and have no lag.
    06-20-2015 10:05 PM

I cut a tiny piece of wax paper and slid it on top of the sim card in its cradle to force better contact. Pretty much eliminated the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-21-2015 04:40 AM
41 12