06-21-2015 04:40 AM
41 12
tools
    Hey everyone has anyone had issue with there note 4? I must just be unlucky when it comes to Android. Had 13 s3 a z2 and note 4 all have failed in various ways and had to be replaced. Current issue with the note is during phone calls no one can hear me. Mic issues more than likely. Really thiking about going back to iphone. And no I'm not a apple fan boy.. Is everyone happy with their note 4?
    05-13-2015 05:16 PM
    I've had every Note phone in the series and 3 in the S series.

One phone I had a motherboard go bad and one I had a SIM card reader go bad.

How long have you had your N4?
    05-13-2015 05:20 PM
    Only 3 months. I'm not bashing android I really do get on well with it. But I paid 650 pounds for my hand set I'd expect it to last a little longer. Just u lucky I guess
    jwatson77 likes this.
    05-13-2015 05:24 PM
    Well with anything, you can have problems. One thing I never do is buy the new one when it first comes out. If there are some issues, I let them figure that out and then I buy the later manufacturered ones.

Did you buy from an individual? Do you still have warranty?
    05-13-2015 05:26 PM
    Hey everyone has anyone had issue with there note 4? I must just be unlucky when it comes to Android. Had 13 s3 a z2 and note 4 all have failed in various ways and had to be replaced. Current issue with the note is during phone calls no one can hear me. Mic issues more than likely. Really thiking about going back to iphone. And no I'm not a apple fan boy.. Is everyone happy with their note 4?
    What carrier do you have? How is your signal bars? Did you "uncheck" the suppressed noise in call settings?
    05-13-2015 05:30 PM
    Yeah I have done that. I still have warranty left so will be sending it back. Just disappointed. Other than this it's a fantastic decice
    05-13-2015 06:56 PM
    Sometimes it maybe software related. My wife and I both have note 4s. Today my wife was telling me that no could hear her when she speaks. I told her to do a soft reset and boom it's back to normal. Worse case scenario is that you have to factory reset it. If that does not work then get a replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-13-2015 07:32 PM
    After the recent update, my Note 4 keeps freeing up. UGH!
    05-13-2015 11:46 PM
    Have you tried the wipe cache? I again, recommend a factory reset after a firmware upgrade, especially one this big. You have to make sure you have everything on the cloud or on backed up, that you want to keep.
    05-14-2015 08:19 AM
    Thanks for all the comments. I will so a factory reset and hope that works. If not I can always get it replaced
    05-14-2015 12:50 PM
    My issue is I want a tiny little phone to fit in my smaller pocket that's sown inside my trouser pocket and when I pull it out I have a 3d virtual screen just like in the films so I can swipe to the left and to the right and do what others can't do... then I'll be happy with my Note 4

Posted from my rooted Note 4 and loving it
    robcassman likes this.
    05-14-2015 04:59 PM
    Same here. It usually happens if I'm doing something for a while. For example looking through a bunch of images on Google Image search or looking at a bunch of houses on zillow. It's like their is a memory leak somewhere and after a certain amount of time it will freeze for about 10 seconds. I tried a factory reset and just installing a few apps and it still happens. On verizon.
    05-14-2015 06:56 PM
    Same here. It usually happens if I'm doing something for a while. For example looking through a bunch of images on Google Image search or looking at a bunch of houses on zillow. It's like their is a memory leak somewhere and after a certain amount of time it will freeze for about 10 seconds. I tried a factory reset and just installing a few apps and it still happens. On verizon.
    Mine is the opposite. The other day I had about 10 apps open, one was chrome and I had over 70 tabs on chrome open and my N4 didn't skip a beat.
    05-15-2015 12:29 AM
    I'VE HAD A LITTLE TROUBLE with the touchwiz that keeps popping up but I will never again go to the iphone.
    05-15-2015 12:20 PM
    Mine is the opposite. The other day I had about 10 apps open, one was chrome and I had over 70 tabs on chrome open and my N4 didn't skip a beat.
    Yeah I don't have any problems with day to day tasks. For the most part the phone is snappy even with tons of apps open. I think it's an android 5.0 problem though because I see people with other android phones experiencing issues similar to me on Lollipop. Maybe some of the apps I have (Zillow) haven't been fully updated yet for 5.0 causing my issues.
    05-15-2015 12:31 PM
    Yeah I don't have any problems with day to day tasks. For the most part the phone is snappy even with tons of apps open. I think it's an android 5.0 problem though because I see people with other android phones experiencing issues similar to me on Lollipop. Maybe some of the apps I have (Zillow) haven't been fully updated yet for 5.0 causing my issues.
    Who is your carrier?
    05-15-2015 02:07 PM
    Who is your carrier?
    Verizon
    05-16-2015 12:49 AM
    Verizon
    Ok, It has seemed to me to be a lot more Verizon phones having issues. AT&T put their upgrade off when others were getting their upgrade and then corrected some issues and released 5.0.1.
    05-16-2015 06:07 AM
    have Note 4.. love it.. except the dreaded Sim Card error message keeps popping up.. same problem as on other Samsung phones like S4 S5 in other threads/forums.. anyone else getting the Sim Card error message
    Note 4 issues-simcarderrormessagescreenshot-1.jpg
    05-17-2015 09:06 PM
    I had my note 4 replaced once by at&t and another one is on the way. Problem is the phone automatically reboot itself a few times a day. Most noticeable reboots are while the phone is idle. I reset to factory over 6 times without luck; replaced two batteries; disabled android webview; brought it to att repair center, the technician ran a hardware test but didn't find any issue so he wiped the phone's OS and reloaded. All that didn't fix the issue. I removed the SD card and didn't install any 3rd party app; phone still reboots a few times a day.

So, att is sending me another one and this time, I will not update to lollipop and see what happen.

How do I disable firmware update on att note 4? I want to stay with kitkat.
    05-18-2015 01:46 AM
    have Note 4.. love it.. except the dreaded Sim Card error message keeps popping up.. same problem as on other Samsung phones like S4 S5 in other threads/forums.. anyone else getting the Sim Card error message
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SIMCardErrorMessageScreenshot -1.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	176975
    Are you using a verizon phone on ATT or Tmobile? If so, that is why.
    05-18-2015 03:44 AM
    Are you using a verizon phone on ATT or Tmobile? If so, that is why.
    Verizon phone with their service for many years thru many phones.. never used ATT or TMobile... had the same issue with Note 4 on Kit Kat before installing the Lollipop udate .. still continues so it's NOT Lollipop that is the cause
    05-18-2015 11:19 AM
    Well with anything, you can have problems. One thing I never do is buy the new one when it first comes out. If there are some issues, I let them figure that out and then I buy the later manufacturered ones.

Did you buy from an individual? Do you still have warranty?
    I agree I never buy a new phone as soon as it comes out. I usually wait about 3 months after the release. I haven't had any issues with my Note 4 even after the Lollipop update

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    05-18-2015 04:31 PM
    I had my note 4 replaced once by at&t and another one is on the way. Problem is the phone automatically reboot itself a few times a day. Most noticeable reboots are while the phone is idle. I reset to factory over 6 times without luck; replaced two batteries; disabled android webview; brought it to att repair center, the technician ran a hardware test but didn't find any issue so he wiped the phone's OS and reloaded. All that didn't fix the issue. I removed the SD card and didn't install any 3rd party app; phone still reboots a few times a day.

So, att is sending me another one and this time, I will not update to lollipop and see what happen.

How do I disable firmware update on att note 4? I want to stay with kitkat.
    You can't with AT&T unless you are rooted and the rooting has to be done before the Lollipop upgrade.
    05-18-2015 07:01 PM
    I love my note 4. I tried the whole Apple thing and couldn't get on board

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-18-2015 08:25 PM
41 12