07-01-2015 06:21 PM
51 123
tools
    I don't like the new way to manually chaniging the icons. It's slower. Before I could preview all packs by just sliding left or right. It help when trying to decide which set to use with my wallpaper. Now you continually have to go back to the "cards" to pick a pack. It is just less functional and ugly.
    Yeah, I'm not too crazy about that either, but other than that I'm digging the update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2015 11:50 PM
    I reverted back to previous version of Nova as well. I'm finding many "Material Design updates" have not been to my liking and things once available "at a glance" now require extra steps for no reason other than "Material Design" MOAR CARDS!.. Another biggie is the Samsung S Health App, it was great before with everything there at a glance, instantly, but the new "Material Design version" just sucks with extra swiping and scrolling for no reason. Not every app needs "cards"!!
    catberryday likes this.
    05-16-2015 12:38 PM
    I reverted back to previous version of Nova as well. I'm finding many "Material Design updates" have not been to my liking and things once available "at a glance" now require extra steps for no reason other than "Material Design" MOAR CARDS!.. Another biggie is the Samsung S Health App, it was great before with everything there at a glance, instantly, but the new "Material Design version" just sucks with extra swiping and scrolling for no reason. Not every app needs "cards"!!
    I reverted back on both Nova and S Health for basically the same reasons. Change just for change sake, and adding extra steps defeats the purpose. If I wanted extra steps for quick tasks I'd be using ios.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    05-16-2015 09:11 PM
    Also went back to 3.3 since I'm finding "Material Design" doesn't really do much for me at all (not to mention I hate the light coloring). But at least the developer was very prompt with responses to my questions...kudos for that!

05-16-2015 11:13 PM
    Does anyone know how to change the setting to where you can choose which home screen Nova launcher automatically adds newly installed apps to?

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    05-19-2015 08:24 AM
    I don't like the new way to manually chaniging the icons. It's slower. Before I could preview all packs by just sliding left or right. It help when trying to decide which set to use with my wallpaper. Now you continually have to go back to the "cards" to pick a pack. It is just less functional and ugly.
    agree. Don't like the new changes
    05-19-2015 12:46 PM
    Does anyone know how to change the setting to where you can choose which home screen Nova launcher automatically adds newly installed apps to?

And now I have my answer. Disappointing.

"Hi Vasek,

This setting has been removed in the 4.0 update as part of the material redesign. Apps are now added to the next free sapce on the desktop.

Thanks,

Sol"

So my only remedy was to move the page I wanted new apps to be automatically added to temporarily to the left of my assigned home page

05-19-2015 08:20 PM
    damn did you guys just get this update ?
    ive been using it for months now (beta tester and nova prime)
    i tought the non beta users had this update a long time ago !

i can recommend you to be a beta tester, its awesome and i did not have any bugs for the time im doing this
    05-20-2015 04:24 AM
    Is there a way to have a hidden page, so instead of swiping left or right to a second page you can press a designated button on the home screen and it takes you to the hidden page you setup, i wanted to have my home page with no icons so it looked clean and fresh but didn't want to be able to swipe left or right to access my most used apps
    05-20-2015 08:46 AM
    There's an easy way to create a shortcut to jump to an specific screen but I don't think that you can "hide" it when you swipe.

To create that shortcut longpress on the screen, tap on widgets, drag Nova actions, tap on "jump to page" and select by number. Also you can define a gesture to perform that action. The good thing about the gesture is that it'll work in every homescreen.
    lterry913 likes this.
    05-20-2015 09:11 AM
    I've been using Nova Prime for almost 2 years now and can't make it a day without it.

The new look is clean, logical, and a welcomed upgrade to the best launcher (outside of rooting) out there.

The gestures really allow some very nice customization as well.

I have my gestures set to the following currently:

Pinch In -> Messages
    Pinch Out -> Camera
    Swipe Up -> Show Previews
    Swipe Down -> Expand Notifications
    Double Tap -> Chrome
    Swipe Up (two fingers) -> Home Page
    Swipe Down (two fingers) -> App Drawer
    tsells likes this.
    05-20-2015 04:43 PM
    I love my two finger swipe up set to toggle Google Voice.

05-20-2015 04:46 PM
    You can revert back to the previous version by going to their site and grabbing it there.
    I did that for reasons not written above as well as the grid problems you're experiencing. I like that I was able to get an "official" older version instead of finding it in the wild.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    the problem with that I that I allow my Play Store to automatically update apps.

I downloaded the previou Nova Launcher, but Play Store updated the next day.
    I ended up having to uninstall it and install and old one again... and again and
    again....
    05-22-2015 03:38 PM
    the problem with that I that I allow my Play Store to automatically update apps.

I downloaded the previou Nova Launcher, but Play Store updated the next day.
    I ended up having to uninstall it and install and old one again... and again and
    again....
    Sorry for the delay, I missed your post. Even with auto update selected you can remove that option for individual apps. To do that go to Play store, select the app (Nova) and tap on the three dots top right. Then uncheck the auto update box. The rest of your apps will be updated as usual.
    05-27-2015 05:37 PM
    I reverted back to previous version of Nova as well.
    Add another reversion to the previous version. Thumbs definitely down on the "improvement". The beta was bad, this is worse.
    05-27-2015 06:19 PM
    And now I have my answer. Disappointing.

"Hi Vasek,

This setting has been removed in the 4.0 update as part of the material redesign. Apps are now added to the next free sapce on the desktop.

Thanks,

Sol"

So my only remedy was to move the page I wanted new apps to be automatically added to temporarily to the left of my assigned home page

Because that setting is in Play Store settings already.

05-28-2015 08:55 AM
    It is not actually. There is no way to specify what home screen new apps are added to in Nova Launcher.

05-28-2015 10:04 AM
    with the old Nova Launcher, I was able to add multiple app short cuts to the home screen at once. (by multi-selecting them from the app list)

after the new update, I have to do it one by one.... this is ridiculous... I might as well go back to TouchWiz.

What's worse... I installed the old version of Nova Launcher, but Google Play automatically updated to the new version the next day. I let all the apps in the Play Store update automatically. There is no way to single out Nova Launcher so that it doesn't update.

I've been using Nova Launcher for many years on at least 7 Android phones. Now I'm actively seeking an alternative.
    05-29-2015 05:25 PM
    with the old Nova Launcher, I was able to add multiple app short cuts to the home screen at once. (by multi-selecting them from the app list)

after the new update, I have to do it one by one.... this is ridiculous... I might as well go back to TouchWiz.

What's worse... I installed the old version of Nova Launcher, but Google Play automatically updated to the new version the next day. I let all the apps in the Play Store update automatically. There is no way to single out Nova Launcher so that it doesn't update.

I've been using Nova Launcher for many years on at least 7 Android phones. Now I'm actively seeking an alternative.
    I believe that you could reinstall the old version and then disable auto update. If you go to Nova in the Playstore and hit the 3 dots in the upper right corner, and then disable "auto update" .

05-29-2015 06:11 PM
    I believe that you could reinstall the old version and then disable auto update. If you go to Nova in the Playstore and hit the 3 dots in the upper right corner, and then disable "auto update" .

OMG!(first time I've ever used that in my life)
    I feel like an *****. 5 years and 7 Android phones
    and I can't believe I didn't know about that.
    Guess I never had the need to single out one
    app not to update.

Just re-installed the old Nova launcher and
    unchecked it's own auto-update checkbox.

THANKS!
    tsells likes this.
    05-29-2015 07:11 PM
    Where can I get the apk for the previous Nova version?

05-29-2015 07:21 PM
    Where can I get the apk for the previous Nova version?

here you go. (on Nova Launcher's own website)
    http://novalauncher.com/apk/NovaLauncher_3.3.apk

when I did it, I had to uninstall Nova Launcher completely
    before re-installing the old version.
    05-29-2015 07:24 PM
    Can someone explain how to get a app icon on one of the pages step by step?... it seems the old way is no longer working.
    06-02-2015 12:45 PM
    Can someone explain how to get a app icon on one of the pages step by step?... it seems the old way is no longer working.
    Go to the app drawer, find the app, tap & hold on it and drag it to screen you want.
    06-02-2015 01:05 PM
    I've been using Nova Prime for almost 2 years now and can't make it a day without it.

The new look is clean, logical, and a welcomed upgrade to the best launcher (outside of rooting) out there.

The gestures really allow some very nice customization as well.

I have my gestures set to the following currently:

Pinch In -> Messages
    Pinch Out -> Camera
    Swipe Up -> Show Previews
    Swipe Down -> Expand Notifications
    Double Tap -> Chrome
    Swipe Up (two fingers) -> Home Page
    Swipe Down (two fingers) -> App Drawer
    My settings are:

Pinch In - App Drawer
    Pinch Out - Recent apps
    Swipe Up - App Search
    Swipe Down - Waze
    Double Tap - G notes

SWIPE down and Double Tap are my Favorites. WAZE is so easy to access, Love It!
    06-26-2015 10:22 AM
51 123