Nova Launcher

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Before the update I had nothing between my home screen icons and the dock. Now I have a dot between them and I don't see a way to remove it?

Go into the Settings and under Desktop look for Scroll and under that select Page indicator. Set that to None.

Convert2

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I've looking for the option to show or not show the dock separator line like in the previous version. I couldn't understand why they would intentionally remove this option, hopefully it was misplaced in the update. I also don't like how bright white the app drawer button is, have been looking for a way to make it more transparent.

catberryday

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the new way to manually chaniging the icons. It's slower. Before I could preview all packs by just sliding left or right. It help when trying to decide which set to use with my wallpaper. Now you continually have to go back to the "cards" to pick a pack. It is just less functional and ugly.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the new way to manually chaniging the icons. It's slower. Before I could preview all packs by just sliding left or right. It help when trying to decide which set to use with my wallpaper. Now you continually have to go back to the "cards" to pick a pack. It is just less functional and ugly.

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about that either, but other than that I'm digging the update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I reverted back to previous version of Nova as well. I'm finding many "Material Design updates" have not been to my liking and things once available "at a glance" now require extra steps for no reason other than "Material Design" MOAR CARDS!.. Another biggie is the Samsung S Health App, it was great before with everything there at a glance, instantly, but the new "Material Design version" just sucks with extra swiping and scrolling for no reason. Not every app needs "cards"!!

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I reverted back to previous version of Nova as well. I'm finding many "Material Design updates" have not been to my liking and things once available "at a glance" now require extra steps for no reason other than "Material Design" MOAR CARDS!.. Another biggie is the Samsung S Health App, it was great before with everything there at a glance, instantly, but the new "Material Design version" just sucks with extra swiping and scrolling for no reason. Not every app needs "cards"!!
I reverted back on both Nova and S Health for basically the same reasons. Change just for change sake, and adding extra steps defeats the purpose. If I wanted extra steps for quick tasks I'd be using ios.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Also went back to 3.3 since I'm finding "Material Design" doesn't really do much for me at all (not to mention I hate the light coloring). But at least the developer was very prompt with responses to my questions...kudos for that!

Posted via the Android Central App

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change the setting to where you can choose which home screen Nova launcher automatically adds newly installed apps to?

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

agree. Don't like the new changes

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change the setting to where you can choose which home screen Nova launcher automatically adds newly installed apps to?

And now I have my answer. Disappointing.

"Hi Vasek,

This setting has been removed in the 4.0 update as part of the material redesign. Apps are now added to the next free sapce on the desktop.

Thanks,

Sol"

So my only remedy was to move the page I wanted new apps to be automatically added to temporarily to the left of my assigned home page

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
damn did you guys just get this update ?
ive been using it for months now (beta tester and nova prime)
i tought the non beta users had this update a long time ago !

i can recommend you to be a beta tester, its awesome and i did not have any bugs for the time im doing this

nlroberts1970

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to have a hidden page, so instead of swiping left or right to a second page you can press a designated button on the home screen and it takes you to the hidden page you setup, i wanted to have my home page with no icons so it looked clean and fresh but didn't want to be able to swipe left or right to access my most used apps

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There's an easy way to create a shortcut to jump to an specific screen but I don't think that you can "hide" it when you swipe.

To create that shortcut longpress on the screen, tap on widgets, drag Nova actions, tap on "jump to page" and select by number. Also you can define a gesture to perform that action. The good thing about the gesture is that it'll work in every homescreen.

sven1olaf

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Nova Prime for almost 2 years now and can't make it a day without it.

The new look is clean, logical, and a welcomed upgrade to the best launcher (outside of rooting) out there.

The gestures really allow some very nice customization as well.

I have my gestures set to the following currently:

Pinch In -> Messages
Pinch Out -> Camera
Swipe Up -> Show Previews
Swipe Down -> Expand Notifications
Double Tap -> Chrome
Swipe Up (two fingers) -> Home Page
Swipe Down (two fingers) -> App Drawer

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
You can revert back to the previous version by going to their site and grabbing it there.
I did that for reasons not written above as well as the grid problems you're experiencing. I like that I was able to get an "official" older version instead of finding it in the wild.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

the problem with that I that I allow my Play Store to automatically update apps.

I downloaded the previou Nova Launcher, but Play Store updated the next day.
I ended up having to uninstall it and install and old one again... and again and
again.... :(

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
the problem with that I that I allow my Play Store to automatically update apps.

I downloaded the previou Nova Launcher, but Play Store updated the next day.
I ended up having to uninstall it and install and old one again... and again and
again.... :(

Sorry for the delay, I missed your post. Even with auto update selected you can remove that option for individual apps. To do that go to Play store, select the app (Nova) and tap on the three dots top right. Then uncheck the auto update box. The rest of your apps will be updated as usual.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie