Clear Memory Ram help

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Prior to update on 5.0.1, I was able to restart my phone so it can clear up memory ram very well. We all knew that but to this update, it still carry over your opened application after you restart or turn on the phone! How can I remove that option? Because my phone gets freeze a little bit every now and then. It never done that before. So anyone knows how?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
First, understand that RAM usage is supposed to be high. It's both normal and desirable for RAM to be 75-85% full.

Uninstall ALL task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc if you have any installed. None of that stuff is necessary. Such apps are actually counterproductive and some are just plain evil. They actually waste power and may disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance.

If there was any installed, uninstalling crapware may solve the sluggishness. If not, try clearing caches, sometimes it clears up problems from an upgrade. No cache cleaner app is needed. Do it this way: Settings > Storage > tap Cached data > OK.

Do the cache clear only one time. While clearing caches doesn't really hurt anything, cache files are there to speed up operation and for best performance should be left alone unless you have a problem that might be related to them.

Restart the phone. If the problem persists post back here.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.