Bluetooth speaker quality

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Why does my mom's iPhone seem to have better speaker quality when connected via Bluetooth than my note 4? We have a bose soundlink color, and I use Google play music on my note 4.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
What audio is she playing (bitrate) to the speaker, and did you go into settings in Google Music and change the quality from medium to high?

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Try some FLAC files on your Note4 and see if that makes a difference.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone does have a few things it does really well. I've always found audio quality and Bluetooth connection to be among those things.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My recommendation is compare sound using the same media such as loading the same audio file onto both devices. Disable all equalizers and then compare. Do the same using an audio cable rather than bluetooth. At that point you should be able to tell the difference in audio performance between the to and decide for yourself if what you're hearing is due to the devices themselves or the audio source.

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
There's a graphic equalizer option in the "Google Play Music" settings. It lets you adjust the treble, bass and mid range frequencies and provides an assortment of 'canned' settings to match your music tastes. Have you tried making adjustments there to improve the sound quality?