01-19-2016 03:20 PM
101 ... 2345
tools
    I just got the notice for a security update from AT&T. I'm looking for feedback to see if I should do it. I'm hoping the update might also include some fixes.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    07-27-2015 10:18 AM
    I just got the notice for a security update from AT&T. I'm looking for feedback to see if I should do it. I'm hoping the update might also include some fixes.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    Haven't noticed any additional problems after the update. Find it a little bit more than coincidental it's a national news story about Android OS security & the update was security related.
    07-28-2015 12:35 AM
    On my Note 4, I let Lollipop stay on my phone for less than 1 day, and the only reason it took that long was because I had to first learn how to revert to KK. But, the decision to revert took less than 5 minutes after I saw the interface. LP is just not for me!
    I love my phone on KK. I swear, if my phone ever needs to be replaced for any reason and I can't get another Note 4 running KK, I'm going to have to go with another phone that's rootable and can install KK.

You do all know that if you're running LP OF1, you can't revert, right? Unfortunately, the Verizon police have already pushed updates that stop downgrading.

Pray for root!
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    07-28-2015 04:14 AM
    I'm hoping I can still downgrade (I'm on Sprint.) Will I lose any files, info or settings by downgrading? Should I back stuff up?
    07-29-2015 04:45 PM
    Been deferring Lollipop since the day it landed on my phone over a month ago! I have become very good friends with the "Install Now" screen that pops up on my Note 4 every day.....as I give it it's daily click of "Install Later"!!!!!
    Rometheus likes this.
    07-29-2015 06:06 PM
    Been deferring Lollipop since the day it landed on my phone over a month ago! I have become very good friends with the "Install Now" screen that pops up on my Note 4 every day.....as I give it it's daily click of "Install Later"!!!!!
    Who's your carrier? If it's VZW, read this thread on XDA to find out how to disable OTA and KNOX, so you can finally say farewell to that "friend".

[GUIDE] Disable Knox and the OTA without roo… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

There is also "Debloater" that can do the same thing as above... among other things!

V3.90 Debloater(Lets remove all that carrier… | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    07-29-2015 06:14 PM
    Debloater is great. There is a little bit of a learning curve using it, but it's pretty easy to figure out if you read the instructions. Highly recommended for those of us staying on kitkat. I never get any notifications to upgrade.
    07-29-2015 07:01 PM
    Who's your carrier? If it's VZW, read this thread on XDA to find out how to disable OTA and KNOX, so you can finally say farewell to that "friend".

[GUIDE] Disable Knox and the OTA without roo… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

There is also "Debloater" that can do the same thing as above... among other things!

V3.90 Debloater(Lets remove all that carrier… | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    LOL to saying goodbye to that friend! Thank you for the great info, other terrific AC members have suggested this to me before as well and I am grateful, but I am not one who feels comfortable changing those type of settings on my phone.
    nahoku likes this.
    07-29-2015 11:48 PM
    LOL to saying goodbye to that friend! Thank you for the great info, other terrific AC members have suggested this to me before as well and I am grateful, but I am not one who feels comfortable changing those type of settings on my phone.
    Just something to think about... there are some carriers that will force the update after so many refusals. I haven't experienced this first hand but have heard of it on various forums. With LP 5.1.x coming soon, perhaps they'll have fixed all the 5.0 bugs... hopefully. However, for me it was the interface that I didn't like as I initially took the LP update but reverted to KK very quickly! One last thing, if perchance an update does get forced on your phone, please be aware that you will not get a chance to revert back to KK as they have also sent a block to downgrade. This is why blocking OTA and KNOX is important for those wishing to remain on KK. Good luck!
    07-30-2015 02:02 AM
    Just something to think about... there are some carriers that will force the update after so many refusals. I haven't experienced this first hand but have heard of it on various forums. With LP 5.1.x coming soon, perhaps they'll have fixed all the 5.0 bugs... hopefully. However, for me it was the interface that I didn't like as I initially took the LP update but reverted to KK very quickly! One last thing, if perchance an update does get forced on your phone, please be aware that you will not get a chance to revert back to KK as they have also sent a block to downgrade. This is why blocking OTA and KNOX is important for those wishing to remain on KK. Good luck!
    I am on Verizon. Thank you again, as I really truly appreciate the info and encouragement and I REALLY do want to stay put on KK for right now at least, but I am just not comfortable playing with those settings and may have to keep this phone for a long time if they strip the Note 5 of replaceable battery and SD card (that's another thread) .....this is the very first time in allll my years of smart phones that I have ever stalled an upgrade install. I am not stubborn rather nervous that I will mess something up!
    07-30-2015 05:11 PM
    I am on Verizon. Thank you again, as I really truly appreciate the info and encouragement and I REALLY do want to stay put on KK for right now at least, but I am just not comfortable playing with those settings and may have to keep this phone for a long time if they strip the Note 5 of replaceable battery and SD card (that's another thread) .....this is the very first time in allll my years of smart phones that I have ever stalled an upgrade install. I am not stubborn rather nervous that I will mess something up!
    I understand where you're coming from as I felt the same way when I reverted to KK from LP. My phone was new at the time and I was very worried that something might go wrong. Tense is and understatement! Compared to the reversion, disabling OTA/KNOX is a cake walk. In any case, the decision is yours and I highly recommend you read the entire thread before deciding. I just wanted to give you a heads up as you do sound like you want to stay on KK.
    07-30-2015 06:48 PM
    You can use the original Block Knox and OTA zip file from my post here (also linked below in step #1). It's a lot more concise than the debloater tool that replaced it (since it only disables Knox and the OTA updater). It's a super easy very low risk process, the worst that could happen is it doesn't work in disabling the OTA updater. It's what I used originally to disable my OTA updater back in December using a Windows PC.

1. Download the zip file to a location on your computer
    2. Go to that location and right click the zip file and look for an option to extract its files to a folder of your choosing
    3. Plug the phone into the PC using the data/charging cable that came with the phone
    4. Enable Developer options (by tapping it 3-5 times in quick succession under settings), then enable USB debugging
    5. Go to the location of the extracted zip files and run the "Block Knox and OTA" bat file. A black command line window will open, follow the prompts to complete the process
    6. To confirm the OTA updater is disabled, on the phone go to Settings and the "Software update" option should be gone (and no more prompts to install an update!)
    7. Go back to Developer options and uncheck USB debugging

In the end if you ever want to re-enable the updater, to get an OTA update, just do the same process but run the Enable Knox and OTA bat file instead.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to clearly detail out this info as I know you have done before! I really appreciate it and I have copied and saved it in case I do decide to be brave and do it!
    08-02-2015 02:08 AM
    Lollipop 5.1.1 is fine & dandy on the Note 4. All other LP is utter KAK
    nahoku and Sammuel1973 like this.
    09-24-2015 12:06 PM
    Lollipop will never see the light of day on my phone! LOL!
    toenail_flicker and D Android like this.
    09-24-2015 05:24 PM
    When I try to run the "Block Knox and OTA" batch file, a new black window with the command line starts but then all I get is a bunch of "The system cannot find the path specified" errors. Where am I supposed to put the folder/files so the batch file will find them? (I tried a few different places, no change in the results.)
    09-28-2015 01:00 PM
    With mine the time is always top right and as soon as a notification comes in, there is no carrier badge. I don't have a SIM on mine right now, so no carrier badge. I get all notifications in my status bar.

Even before using HeadsOff to block Heads Up notifications, my time and temp if I used a weather app that put it there, would have been in the notification bar.

If the Verizon badge isn't going away, that is a Verizon issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Kit Kat gave life back to my Note 4.  I didn't like Lollipop-1443729662872.jpg  
    10-01-2015 03:03 PM
    Hi there can I ask? how long does your batter fully charged after 5.1 update?
    10-11-2015 10:12 AM
    indeed! date eats alot of juice.. I like more wi-fi on my note 4 compared to mobile data.. usually.. when Im on data whole data its something like 5 hrs before its drain..
    10-11-2015 10:14 AM
    Hows your battery life after 5.1 update ? and how long should it take when you're using fast charging.. can you plss share me thanks..
    10-11-2015 10:15 AM
    Hows your fast charging ? how long it should take before its full charged ?
    10-11-2015 10:18 AM
    did you make a factory reset and wipe caches before moving to update the newer version?
    10-11-2015 10:32 AM
    did you make a factory reset or wipe caches before moving to update the newer version ?
    10-11-2015 10:34 AM
    You'll need to use the "Quote" button on the person's post you're posing the question to, otherwise they (and everyone else) won't know who you're asking (and/or how to respond).
    sorry Im new here..
    10-13-2015 10:42 AM
    sorry Im new here..
    no worries everyone was at some point
    10-13-2015 12:20 PM
    i can help you out of that dream, you dont have to root your phone to downgrade !
    grab your firmware from sammobile and flash it with odin !

i did this to, and i love my phone again, rubbish lollipop
    Could you kindly help a brother
    Was forced to upgrade my note 4 to lollipop and now my phone lags all the time. It always freezes for a few seconds and then resumes. I cant even swipe down the notification bar without lag.. i hate my note 4 now. I just wished it was easy getting my phone back to kit kat, it worked so much cooler.
    12-06-2015 02:40 PM
101 ... 2345