Kit Kat gave life back to my Note 4. I didn't like Lollipop

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Ahhhh no wonder it never worked since I have the international version not any carrier specific one. Thanks bro

PS: Even though I don't have a carrier branded Note 4, Lollipop was still being forced down my throat with constant notifications that there is a system update despite me going to settings and turning off the auto update. Thank God I'm rooted now so all good :) Kit Kat FTW

Is your Knox flag tripped/warranty invalidated now?

Posted via the Android Central App

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
don't know, and don't care to be honest, I never EVER used warranty on any phone, by the time the warranty period is out I usually replace my phone. I also make sure to put a screen protector + good case on any phone I buy before I use it so they are always in mint condition. Software issues, I fix myself by updating / downgrading the firmware. Factory defects, well I would know about them way before I had attempted to root or tinker with the internals of the device ;)

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I downgraded my Note Edge from Lollipop to KitKat awhile back. Much happier with that phone. I still have my Note 4 on Lollipop because the battery life on that phone is amazing since upgrading. Very happy with both phones. Both phones are T-Mobile but officially unlocked by them.

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've recently rooted and installed CM 12.1.
Stock Lollipop seemed ok at first but somehow got progressively worse, the lag to launch the phone app reaching 8 seconds was the final straw, along with having to charge the phone around lunch time :/

The S-Pen, fast charge and the fingerprint reader still don't work, plus the camera is flakey with some camera apps but not others.
Minor issues for me as I don't use the pen, I'm back to only charging when it's convenient to do so - while I sleep, drive, shower, sat at my desk etc... smart lock is better than the fingerprint unlock if you have a smartwatch (as I do) and its not a big deal to change your camera app.

The phone is really, really smooth and lag free (even more so than on stock KitKat). Unbelievably so.
Also noticed that other things seem to work better than they did even under KitKat, my Fitbit has started syncing at first time of asking, the BT wifi app works now where it didn't before & the music controls on my watch are consistently instant rather than anywhere between a 10 seconds delay and a 10 minute (!) delay.

This has majorly put me off Samsung though, I had similar issues with my S3 and said I'd never go back. I did but really won't again.

I'm not a massive Apple fan but what I can say for them is that if an update kills a flagship device (which the Note 4 still is) in that sort of way it gets fixed in days rather than months. I really shouldn't have to install a custom ROM to make a phone that I'm paying a lot of money for work properly.
Reckon it's between an iPhone and a Nexus device when I upgrade in 18 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My phone actually started giving me problems after the update. I had lag, random freezes and my battery life is horrible now. It's probably half of what it used to be.

I found a way to downgrade back to Kit Kat without Root, but does anyone know how to prevent the phone from constantly asking me to update the software after I downgrade? That's the reason I have in and upgraded to Lollipop in the first place.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
My phone actually started giving me problems after the update. I had lag, random freezes and my battery life is horrible now. It's probably half of what it used to be.

I found a way to downgrade back to Kit Kat without Root, but does anyone know how to prevent the phone from constantly asking me to update the software after I downgrade? That's the reason I have in and upgraded to Lollipop in the first place.
I have TMobile. Since my L update, my biggest issue has been my GPS not being able to be located, so it throws off Google Map. How do you go back to KK without rooting?

samwifi

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

If u are on verizon, the link to xda is at the beginning of this thread. I did it and it worked perfect without root. My phone is back to perfect.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If u are on verizon, the link to xda is at the beginning of this thread. I did it and it worked perfect without root. My phone is back to perfect.

I have the link to downgrade, but I'm just wondering if I would get the notifications to upgrade after I downgrade. Before installing Lollipop I kept getting constant alerts to upgrade my software which was annoying.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the link to downgrade, but I'm just wondering if I would get the notifications to upgrade after I downgrade. Before installing Lollipop I kept getting constant alerts to upgrade my software which was annoying.
Me too I am not on Verizon but man those notifications and nags drove me nuts so I rooted and I'm actually happier now since not only am I on Kit Kat, but I am also able to uninstall all the bloatware for good not just "Turn it off" so my phone has never been lighter and snappier now. only has the apps I need

RMTURNER

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I downgraded because I didn't like a few bugs I came across in lollipop. (I started a new thread listing these). I was able to stop the update notification without rooting also. There are two software update applications in the application manager area. One of them can be disabled. If you disable that and also in the About Device section turn off automatically check out updates, it won't update. Don't worry, it gives you time to do this when you're setting your phone back up on Kitkat without it prompting. The good part is this app remains disabled even after rebooting your phone so you can enable it and install lollipop any time you want after that.

I just got NOTE 4 over weekend, how do I disable the OTA Lollipop upgrade? It is annoying me to death

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Are most of the people on Verizon that are experiencing issues to a point where they are downgrading to Kit Kat? It's really a shame too because Lollipop has really improved the preformance of my Note 4 on AT&T.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Are most of the people on Verizon that are experiencing issues to a point where they are downgrading to Kit Kat? It's really a shame too because Lollipop has really improved the preformance of my Note 4 on AT&T.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4

For a while after the factory reset on Lollipop, I was thinking it's ok, used it for about 2 weeks. Then I remembered how I used to have 2 to 3 days battery life, how snappy my phone was. That's when I decided finally that this phone was made for and works best on Kit Kat FTW

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got the notice for a security update from AT&T. I'm looking for feedback to see if I should do it. I'm hoping the update might also include some fixes.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got the notice for a security update from AT&T. I'm looking for feedback to see if I should do it. I'm hoping the update might also include some fixes.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Haven't noticed any additional problems after the update. Find it a little bit more than coincidental it's a national news story about Android OS security & the update was security related.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
On my Note 4, I let Lollipop stay on my phone for less than 1 day, and the only reason it took that long was because I had to first learn how to revert to KK. But, the decision to revert took less than 5 minutes after I saw the interface. LP is just not for me!
I love my phone on KK. I swear, if my phone ever needs to be replaced for any reason and I can't get another Note 4 running KK, I'm going to have to go with another phone that's rootable and can install KK.

You do all know that if you're running LP OF1, you can't revert, right? Unfortunately, the Verizon police have already pushed updates that stop downgrading.

Pray for root!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Been deferring Lollipop since the day it landed on my phone over a month ago! I have become very good friends with the "Install Now" screen that pops up on my Note 4 every day.....as I give it it's daily click of "Install Later"!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon