Opening videos in gallery[lag]

2high4u

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i've been searching through the forum but I didn't come across any thread about this issue.

Am I the only one or it takes few seconds when I open any video in gallery whether it's on my sd card or on the device storage? I didn't have that problem on my galaxy s4 back then. Every time I open a video, the screen is all black for like more than 2 seconds no matter how long is the video.
My SD card is a sandisk 64 gb extreme plus so it shouldn't be an issue about the reading speed, like I said it's the same thing on device memory. My girlfriend's note 2 takes even more time than me to open a video so I was wondering if it's the galaxy note series that has that issue or something.

Thanks!

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a new Samsung SD card.. This seems like it happens with me when I'm in camera mode and I click on the gallery from within camera to open. It is slow as molasses.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i've been searching through the forum but I didn't come across any thread about this issue.

Am I the only one or it takes few seconds when I open any video in gallery whether it's on my sd card or on the device storage? I didn't have that problem on my galaxy s4 back then. Every time I open a video, the screen is all black for like more than 2 seconds no matter how long is the video.
My SD card is a sandisk 64 gb extreme plus so it shouldn't be an issue about the reading speed, like I said it's the same thing on device memory. My girlfriend's note 2 takes even more time than me to open a video so I was wondering if it's the galaxy note series that has that issue or something.

Thanks!

I have the same issue. The stock photos app is so slow. :(

Posted via the Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't know if it is still trying to generate the thumbnails or what, but going from the camera into the gallery app to look at anything is painfully slow, even using only device memory (my SD card slot has never had a card in it).

Not a fatal flaw, but somewhat annoying.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It is 100% A SOFTWARE ISSUE. To see the difference, turn on easy mode, take a pic and the gallery will be up in no time. Rinse and repeat, no issues. Go back to regular mode, and the lag is back :(. It truly sucks! It can take 5-10 seconds just to look at a pic I just took :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance