I finally decided to upgrade from my S3 (that's still working just fine) because looking at where the new devices are headed, I don't want to lose the ability to have an SD card and replaceable battery. So took the plunge and got a Note 4. Besides hating this new "Lollipop" (for many reasons) I simply can't find a way to work around a key feature I'm now missing and NEED.

My old S3 with Kit Kat would read my incoming texts, allow me to reply to texts using S Voice via the Bluetooth speaker I have in my car. (Jabra Tour) I could have my phone in my purse or pocket and never have to look at the screen. The Note 4 will connect (usually after more than one try) using S Voice, but it just says you have a text message and won't tell me from who or what it says. It will turn my screen on and display the message but the whole purpose of driving and using Bluetooth is not to have to look at anything but the road, right?

I've tried the "Car Mode" and hate it. It will read the text, but it then leaves my screen on. This isn't so good for the purse/pocket. If I have the screen off when it comes in, it will not announce. I hear the notification alert and when I hit the command button, the screen will turn on, it will say you have new message, but I have to physically touch the screen to choose which one to listen to.

And, I get "not supported" when I hit my command button on the Bluetooth speaker unless I have my screen ON.

Hoping someone out there has a workaround - suggestion - alternative - or setting to help me make this function like I need it to.

Just a quick note to say:
    If I wanted a phone to look/act and burn my eyes out with these white screens like the iPhone, I would have bought one. There's a reason a lot of us do NOT want an iPhone, I wish Google/Android would stop removing what made ours unique and sticking us with the stupid "circles" everywhere and material grade school colors and design.
    /rant over.
    05-18-2015 04:09 PM
    In using this for a couple days now I've found that no matter my settings, SVoice is not an option to get messages read aloud with the Jabra Tour - it has to be put in Car Mode. It still leaves my screen on the entire time unless I turn it off so it will have to be plugged into the charger to keep the battery from draining. I wish there were settings to disable Music in Car Mode. When I turn Car Mode off, the Music tends to stay in the active apps listing even though I never used it.

The whole goal of not having to touch my phone while driving doesn't seem to be an option if I want the screen off. Oh well.
    05-21-2015 08:28 AM
    I Have this same issue, and so I think Samsung has messed up that feature. I was hoping the feature worked with the Note 4, but I know now it might be across All devices.

Right now I'm having to use Dragon Assist to hear my texts until they fix this problem.

Surely we can go somewhere and complain about this feature being messed up.

Posted via the Android Central App
    TB222 likes this.
    05-28-2015 03:11 PM
    Discussing this on another thread as well, I don't see a solution that works yet for me. This one person got it to work for the motorcycle, but I'm having no such luck.

06-22-2015 08:19 AM
    Yeah, but the poster with the Motorcycle uses an S5, I have a Note 3. I deleted Dragon Assist because it collaborates with Google Search and I can only use one at a time.

*Update* So apparently I don't know if there was a software update But the Motorcycle posters directions seemed to have worked because I receive text messages being read to me through my Bluetooth now.
    06-22-2015 11:40 AM
    I'm happy for you! I had no such luck with my Note 4.
    Did you use SVoice or Car Mode?
    Stock or a different messaging app?
    06-23-2015 11:41 PM
    I'm happy for you! I had no such luck with my Note 4.
    Did you use SVoice or Car Mode?
    Stock or a different messaging app?
    I've never used Car Mode, just S Voice.

Update, ugh it's back to Not speaking out texts .
    06-26-2015 09:10 AM