Email notification sound not working?

kpatrick08

May 20, 2015
Visit site
My notification sound does not seem to be working for my emails. I have gone through the settings and changed the sound and turned it on and it still will not notify me when I have a email. And I have tried on both email accounts I have. Which one is the factory email and the other is gmail. Is anyone else having this problem. I have also changed the priority tried it turned off and turned on and still nothing. I am missing very important emails from my son's school and I need to get this fixed asap.

Thanks for the help.
:confused:

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this applies to you, but I had that and I use aquamail. I had the sound and vibrate on in settings but still nothing, I found in my actual mail settings I also had to check sound and vibrate from the app itself, then it started working. Not sure if the stock built in email has that also, but just thought I'd post it.

steve rabago

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I just had the same issue and could not figure it out. I finally checked "Blocking Mode" and it looks like it was checked Always. Settings > Blocking Mode > Un-select Always.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
No blocking mode under my settings!(sprint) Anyway I believe this is a Lolippop bug, and hope that 5.1.1 update will fix this issue.