Note 4 SM-N910H Lollipop update

gboyegab

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I live in Lagos Nigeria been waiting for the lollipop update for my note does anyone have any idea when it will be available.

Posted via the Android Central App

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I live in Lagos Nigeria been waiting for the lollipop update for my note does anyone have any idea when it will be available.

Posted via the Android Central App

You are waiting for an update that will reduce your battery life, decrease the performance and make everything jerky? Wow! I had to pay 40 USD just to be able to root my phone so I can reinstall Kit Kat and get rid of that pile of garbage called Lollipop! Count your blessings that you didn't get the update!

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Bull... I updated 2 weeks ago, had to do a factory reset and the phone has been nothing but problems since the update.

I'm on Verizon and would Love to Root and get back to Kitsap..

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Lollipop is a mixed bag. Some like it some don't.
Just that those that don't like it or satisfied with it are the most vocal here. In my case I like some and hate other aspect of it. There's no hit on my battery life still getting an average of 6.5 hrs sot.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It will be up to your carrier to decide when the update comes out.

For me, it has nearly doubled my battery life. I've been very happy with it. I often go two days on one charge.

happydakar

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the SM-N910H unlocked version and live in Africa. I have no contract with any carrier. So the update will come directly from Samsung via Kies or WIFI Update.
The only thing I regret not having from the lollipop update is the possibility to use RAW with my Camera-FV-5 app. That is a biggy for me.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Guys/Gals..lol..

Just to reply to my earlier comment above. I did another factory reset yesterday (second one by the way) and the phone is still having issue rebooting, laggy, etc.. I use this for business so I really can't be missing or dropping call's like I have been. Short of getting a replacement phone, does anyone have any other suggestions.

I'm on Verizon and to be honest, with Kitkat I LOVED the phone... no issues at all... worked perfectly. I would like to keep the phone and revert back to Kitkat if possible. I dont believe there is a working ROOT for Verizon...and I'm not sure if there is a way to Revert back to KK...

Any thoughts or suggestion would be greatly appreciated ... Thanks in advance

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you SOOO Much..!! I will take a look at it when I get home. I "assume" that you need to do a Factory wipe and Root is NOT required since its Verizon...? Thank you again..

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Syny... You DA MAN...!! or WOMAN..!! sorry, not sure of the gender...lol... I'm flashed back to KK 4.4.4, Ran the Blocker and I'm ripping my applications back down as I type.. Thank you very much for your input..!!

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Just a follow up... I finished reinstalling everything last night and the phone is back to being rock solid again. No lag, no reboots and even the battery life appears to have improved. The ONLY issue I really have with KitKat is not being able to write to the SD Card. To my knowledge I do not believe there is a "work around" to that issue. but everything else has been great...

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
If that question is directed towards me, no I did not pay for routing. I have a verizon phone and currently there is no root process or so I am told. The only reason why I would root my phone at this point is to allow me to write to the SD card

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers