Note 4 Owners Do You Have This Error?

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah you do have less, but those other options might be under a different heading.

Do you know where you turn off and on caller ID, call waiting and call forwarding? If so, could you see if you get the error going into those settings?

It just dawned on me that the reason the other options don't show for me is because, with Verizon, they are extra-cost features that I do not buy. Now it makes sense.

mltvfl

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I get the same error when I try to enter that menu. It's been that way the entire time I've had the phone; even on KitKat. My wife's Note 4 does it too; we bought them about 4 months ago.

Posted from my SM-N910A

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I get the same error when I try to enter that menu. It's been that way the entire time I've had the phone; even on KitKat. My wife's Note 4 does it too; we bought them about 4 months ago.

Posted from my SM-N910A
Ok, tell me your details.

What carrier do you use?
What carrier brand are the phones?
Also, did you happen to buy your phones from Best Buy?

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
You have to pay Verizon to turn off call waiting, block your number from caller ID and forward calls?

No, with my plan (Talk & Text Family Share), the only feature that I have is call forwarding because it doesn't cost extra. And on my Note 4, the call forwarding settings are one menu screen up from the More Settings screen I posted.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No, with my plan (Talk & Text Family Share), the only feature that I have is call forwarding because it doesn't cost extra. And on my Note 4, the call forwarding settings are one menu screen up from the More Settings screen I posted.
But that other screen where call forwarding is, doesn't give you an error, right?

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting an error going to some settings on my phone. We know this isn't happening on an AT&T S6 on the AT&T network. I also know it has happened on an unlocked AT&T Note 4 on the T-Mobile network.

I know it happens on KitKat and Lollipop both. I know it isn't the phone, phone was switched for a brand new phone. I know it isn't the SIM, I had two different phones the same day, both new SIM cards and a new SIM card was tried between switching out the phones.

Can you check and see if you get this error and post:

Yes or no
The carrier brand of your phone
Which carrier the phone is being used on
Running Lollipop or KitKat

Samsung and AT&T are both looking at this and I told them both I would gather some more info before I would agree to send my phone in. I have a feeling this is a software issue, possibly only on AT&T variants, but being used on any network, not just AT&T. I have screenshots showing the steps and error.

For Sprint, it seems this is called "Additional Settings" and not "More Settings"

Thanks!
AT&T, Note4, lollipop. Same scenario has had same error since I got an update right after buying the phone last November. It was some minor update that added more bloatware and enabled volte calling but I've had the error since then, didn't have it before the update. I think it's volte related myself, perhaps my local cell isn't capable of it this goofing up the setting. It doesn't change whether I enable volte or disable it.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mltvfl

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok, tell me your details.

What carrier do you use?
What carrier brand are the phones?
Also, did you happen to buy your phones from Best Buy?

Sorry, just assumed you would notice from my signature that I have the AT&T model (SM-N910A). They were purchased directly from AT&T and have only been used on the AT&T network.

Posted from my SM-N910A

DutchSwenson

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Kelly, I have this error as well. Note 4, Lollipop 5.0.1, AT&T branded and purchased from AT&T. In fact, I had the same error on my AT&T S4 with 4.4.4 and 5.0.1.

Update: After writing this, I pulled the battery and re-seated the SIM card. Now I do not have the error.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly, I have this error as well. Note 4, Lollipop 5.0.1, AT&T branded and purchased from AT&T. In fact, I had the same error on my AT&T S4 with 4.4.4 and 5.0.1.

Update: After writing this, I pulled the battery and re-seated the SIM card. Now I do not have the error.
Interesting.. I might try that.

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm on an ATT branded note 4 NOT unlocked using on straight talk with straight talk ATT sim and i get the error. Its gets a swirling circle saying reading settings, then comes up with the same error as yours but still shows the options screen afterwards with call waiting greyed out. Im on lollipop.

UPDATE:
Still does it after pulling the battery and sim then re-inserting.

marklarnh

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I also have this error on an unlocked note 4 using straight talk with an AT&T Sim. Most annoying.

Paul.

Model SAMSUNG-SM-N910A bought via Amazon.
Android version 5.0.1
Baseband version N910AUCU1COC4
Kernel version 3.10.40-4160876
Build number LRX22C-N910AUCU1COC4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12