The Weather Channel and Battery Usage

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I noticed The Weather Channel has been chewing through the battery on my Note 4. Some days its up to 12% which was more than the android system UI for that day. I deleted the app and I'm trying The Weatherbug.
Is there any reason for it to use so much battery all the sudden? It never used to show up on the list of apps that use the most battery.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I noticed The Weather Channel has been chewing through the battery on my Note 4. Some days its up to 12% which was more than the android system UI for that day. I deleted the app and I'm trying The Weatherbug.
Is there any reason for it to use so much battery all the sudden? It never used to show up on the list of apps that use the most battery.

Weather Channel App is a notorious Top 10 battery hog along with Facebook etc.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

see Battery Tips for Android -

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ge-more-trouble-than-s-worth.html#post4437447

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I recently started using weather timeline and best 69 cent i have spent. Got rid of 1weather and weather chanel
Battery drain is nothing at all and prob the best weather app out there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I recently started using weather timeline and best 69 cent i have spent. Got rid of 1weather and weather chanel
Battery drain is nothing at all and prob the best weather app out there.

Posted via the Android Central App

check out eWeather HD and Fancy Widgets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000