06-21-2015 08:44 AM
62 123
tools
    Yes, no one is required to update

Posted via the Android Central App
    Actually, without being rooted, that isn't the case.

With AT&T you can only say no to an update about 3 times before it is forced on you. You can't root the AT&T Note at this moment.
    05-27-2015 04:44 AM
    We better get this update and it better fix the inconsistent system volume of the keyboard etc etc
    05-27-2015 07:06 AM
    I would like 5.1 for any features we did not get with 5.0 and any bug fixes. I love Lollipop. I love my HD calling and Smart Lock. I can live with any of the other small quirks that come with a large OS update.
    What is smart lock?

05-27-2015 07:49 AM
    I bet they have reasons for why they stayed with kitkat, but they'll have to upgrade at some point.
    Lollipop broke my hotspot on my s5. I paid $700 for this note 4 to get the hotspot back. I'm not risking it by updating to lollipop since I need the hotspot for work. I shut the software updater off on my sprint phone and it will not update until I turn that back on. If I ever do.
    05-27-2015 09:00 AM
    What is smart lock?

Go to security and it is at the bottom and connected to "trust agents" that is also there.

If you use secure lock, it will not lock when you are a trusted places you enter. There are other options. I keep my phone from locking when I am at home.
    Attached Thumbnails When do you think the Galaxy Note 4 will get the 5.1 update?-1432735289524.jpg  
    05-27-2015 09:01 AM
    Actually, without being rooted, that isn't the case.

With AT&T you can only say no to an update about 3 times before it is forced on you. You can't root the AT&T Note at this moment.
    Depends on the carrier. Sprint lets you turn the updater off.
    05-27-2015 09:03 AM
    Depends on the carrier. Sprint lets you turn the updater off.
    I know that Sprint can do that. I was addressing the statement of "no one is required to update".
    05-27-2015 09:06 AM
    So does anybody know if 5.1 fixes the inconsistent system volume of the note4?
    05-27-2015 11:29 AM
    So does anybody know if 5.1 fixes the inconsistent system volume of the note4?
    I have not had an issue with that. If I make my phone silent, I do so with the button in the notification panel.
    05-27-2015 11:33 AM
    I have not had an issue with that. If I make my phone silent, I do so with the button in the notification panel.
    what do you mean? The note 4 system sounds volume is unstable. It lowers on its own the keyboard sounds and the water drip soundshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuSo7uI_hN4
    05-27-2015 11:37 AM
    what do you mean? The note 4 system sounds volume is unstable. It lowers on its own the keyboard sounds and the water drip soundshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuSo7uI_hN4
    I mean, I haven't had an issue with any inconsistency.

I have seen some people talk about their phone increasing volume overnight when they turn the volume off with the buttons.

I have no lock screen sound, but my volume has been consistent.
    05-27-2015 11:41 AM
    Please watch this kids video I just linked.is my note 4 broken? As the keyboard sounds volume is messed up and the water drip sound I've reset it 10 times.the volume is still inconsistent.it's had this problem on kitkat and still happens on lollypop.
    05-27-2015 11:46 AM
    Here is this kids video

05-27-2015 11:46 AM
    I understood what you meant. This is not an issue I have had or one everyone has had.

Have you talked to Samsung is your carrier about this?

If enough people contact a carrier, it becomes a known issue and they will contact Samsung.
    05-27-2015 12:00 PM
    I'm uk my phone is uk un locked.so how can I fix it .is it a bug in android?
    05-27-2015 12:07 PM
    I have no idea how to fix it. I'm not having the issue myself.

If it were me, I would make two calls, one to my carrier and one to Samsung. If you have an actual Samsung store close by, I would go there instead of calling. I would tell them both if the issue I am having and ask them to check to see if this is a known issue.
    05-27-2015 12:35 PM
    It's a hardware issue, nothing to do with the Android version. I had the same problem with my S4 and having it replaced was the only solution.
    05-27-2015 12:58 PM
    What is smart lock?

I was using it to keep my phone unlocked as long as it was connected through BT to my Gear S watch. Once it loses the connection, the phone needs to be unlocked to use.
    05-27-2015 01:01 PM
    I got 5.1 on my Nexus 9 tablet and other than a slight improvement on battery life I couldn't discern any improvements anywhere else. I finally went to the internet and watched a few vids of tech vloggers and they only found very subtle upgrades. Maybe it's all under the hood?
    05-27-2015 01:57 PM
    I got 5.1 on my Nexus 9 tablet and other than a slight improvement on battery life I couldn't discern any improvements anywhere else. I finally went to the internet and watched a few vids of tech vloggers and they only found very subtle upgrades. Maybe it's all under the hood?
    I assume they improved the ART runtime and fixed that really annoying memory leak.
    05-27-2015 08:23 PM
    Lottery ticket winner too?...... lol

Posted via the Verizon Note 4
    05-28-2015 01:12 AM
    Is there a difference? All my android phones crap out within about 6 months of purchase. We wait for an update, only to be disappointed as it worsens the phone. We get an update quicker, and it also worsens the phone. What is it about Android (maybe not specific to Android) where phones significantly worsen in less than a year? I've had a lot. I have NEVER had a phone run well after about 6 months. My Note 4 has bad Bluetooth, mediocre battery, random restarts, and the camera is the slowest I've ever had.

the problem is the Android phones you use are probably low end or midrange. even my 3 year old nexus 4 functions very smoothly (even in comparison to my Note4) up until now with lollipop 5.1 on it. I'd say that any Samsung phone craps out within 2 years for sure because A, no more updates and B, extremely heavy interface that isn't optimized. that being said, my galaxy s4 from two years ago is still working just fine and it's not even on lollipop yet. my nexus 7 2012 died with the lollipop update (5.0), but as of 5.1.1 everything seems back to normal. more updates are definitely better. only issue is, there are hundreds if not thousands of phones out there running Android and one operating system has to accommodate all of them, not including manufacturer embellishments (touchwiz), or carrier add ons... sometimes iPhones are the clear winner xD

05-28-2015 02:44 AM
    One big thing is the ability to turn off the awful heads up notifications.
    indysteve9 likes this.
    05-28-2015 10:11 AM
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/05...lipop-release/

If this turns out to be true, this will hopefully fix some of the problems that I've had.
    05-28-2015 05:13 PM
    On my note 4 with Sprint I got my update today. I'm in Austin and I just decided to hit my update button. Super excited!
    05-28-2015 05:53 PM
62 123