When do you think the Galaxy Note 4 will get the 5.1 update?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would like 5.1 for any features we did not get with 5.0 and any bug fixes. I love Lollipop. I love my HD calling and Smart Lock. I can live with any of the other small quirks that come with a large OS update.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I would like 5.1 for any features we did not get with 5.0 and any bug fixes. I love Lollipop. I love my HD calling and Smart Lock. I can live with any of the other small quirks that come with a large OS update.

What is smart lock?

Posted via the Android Central App

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I bet they have reasons for why they stayed with kitkat, but they'll have to upgrade at some point.
Lollipop broke my hotspot on my s5. I paid $700 for this note 4 to get the hotspot back. I'm not risking it by updating to lollipop since I need the hotspot for work. I shut the software updater off on my sprint phone and it will not update until I turn that back on. If I ever do.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What is smart lock?

Posted via the Android Central App

Go to security and it is at the bottom and connected to "trust agents" that is also there.

If you use secure lock, it will not lock when you are a trusted places you enter. There are other options. I keep my phone from locking when I am at home.

Attachments

• 1432735289524.jpg
    1432735289524.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 54

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I have not had an issue with that. If I make my phone silent, I do so with the button in the notification panel.

what do you mean? The note 4 system sounds volume is unstable. It lowers on its own the keyboard sounds and the water drip soundshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuSo7uI_hN4

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
what do you mean? The note 4 system sounds volume is unstable. It lowers on its own the keyboard sounds and the water drip soundshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuSo7uI_hN4
I mean, I haven't had an issue with any inconsistency.

I have seen some people talk about their phone increasing volume overnight when they turn the volume off with the buttons.

I have no lock screen sound, but my volume has been consistent.

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Please watch this kids video I just linked.is my note 4 broken? As the keyboard sounds volume is messed up and the water drip sound I've reset it 10 times.the volume is still inconsistent.it's had this problem on kitkat and still happens on lollypop.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I understood what you meant. This is not an issue I have had or one everyone has had.

Have you talked to Samsung is your carrier about this?

If enough people contact a carrier, it becomes a known issue and they will contact Samsung.