When do you think the Galaxy Note 4 will get the 5.1 update?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm uk my phone is uk un locked.so how can I fix it .is it a bug in android?

I have no idea how to fix it. I'm not having the issue myself.

If it were me, I would make two calls, one to my carrier and one to Samsung. If you have an actual Samsung store close by, I would go there instead of calling. I would tell them both if the issue I am having and ask them to check to see if this is a known issue.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I got 5.1 on my Nexus 9 tablet and other than a slight improvement on battery life I couldn't discern any improvements anywhere else. I finally went to the internet and watched a few vids of tech vloggers and they only found very subtle upgrades. Maybe it's all under the hood?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I got 5.1 on my Nexus 9 tablet and other than a slight improvement on battery life I couldn't discern any improvements anywhere else. I finally went to the internet and watched a few vids of tech vloggers and they only found very subtle upgrades. Maybe it's all under the hood?

I assume they improved the ART runtime and fixed that really annoying memory leak.

ericmazariegos

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there a difference? All my android phones crap out within about 6 months of purchase. We wait for an update, only to be disappointed as it worsens the phone. We get an update quicker, and it also worsens the phone. What is it about Android (maybe not specific to Android) where phones significantly worsen in less than a year? I've had a lot. I have NEVER had a phone run well after about 6 months. My Note 4 has bad Bluetooth, mediocre battery, random restarts, and the camera is the slowest I've ever had.

Posted via the Android Central App

the problem is the Android phones you use are probably low end or midrange. even my 3 year old nexus 4 functions very smoothly (even in comparison to my Note4) up until now with lollipop 5.1 on it. I'd say that any Samsung phone craps out within 2 years for sure because A, no more updates and B, extremely heavy interface that isn't optimized. that being said, my galaxy s4 from two years ago is still working just fine and it's not even on lollipop yet. my nexus 7 2012 died with the lollipop update (5.0), but as of 5.1.1 everything seems back to normal. more updates are definitely better. only issue is, there are hundreds if not thousands of phones out there running Android and one operating system has to accommodate all of them, not including manufacturer embellishments (touchwiz), or carrier add ons... sometimes iPhones are the clear winner xD

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

One big thing is the ability to turn off the awful heads up notifications.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
On my note 4 with Sprint I got my update today. I'm in Austin and I just decided to hit my update button. Super excited!

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious if those who stayed with KitKat are less anxious than those who allowed the Lollipop update.
On a note3 here, I have no desire to down grade to lolliflop. Happily, running, VERY , smooth on kk 4.4.4. I have my animations set to 0, and loads apps and switches screens SO fast. Im loving it.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
On a note3 here, I have no desire to down grade to lolliflop. Happily, running, VERY , smooth on kk 4.4.4. I have my animations set to 0, and loads apps and switches screens SO fast. Im loving it.
amen! I hear you! Kit Kat FTW! Lollipop is like the Windows ME of Anrdoid OSes, skip this garbage

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
amen! I hear you! Kit Kat FTW! Lollipop is like the Windows ME of Anrdoid OSes, skip this garbage
I, MIGHT,get lollipop, someday, like posted somewhere else, when it gets really stable, like 4.4.4. But not now. I cant for the life of me, figure out why ppl want the updates, when they first come out, gluttens for punishment I guess...lol.

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Are there any information about the features coming to note 4 with 5.1 update like s6 themes feature?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay