Battery Calibration

Kane89

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Good Day. I've got a sprint galaxy note 4 with a 10,000 mah battery by Zerolemon and I've done what their instructions says on calibrating it, but it just doesn't seem right. I'm not complaining, because I can get 4 to 5 days of moderate to heavy use out of it. If Anyone with any ideas on the best way to calibrate it, i would greatly appreciate it.

Devil Dog

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to reset a system file, so the phone has to be rooted. If it is, install Battery Calibration (Root) and follow the directions.

If not, let the phone run until the phone tells you to charge the battery. (Don't do this very often - normally you should never drop a lithium battery below 40%.) Then plug it in and wait until it gets to 100% - then let it charge for another hour. (It's not at 100% the moment it says it is, the percentage is calculated from the battery voltage - which is higher when the charger is charging it. Once it's charged, charging stops and it's at a real 100% - and with a battery that large and a standard charger, that can take an hour or even more. [The only way to really tell is to watch the battery's voltage - when it stops going up, the battery is fully charged. That takes an app that needs root, or a voltmeter and some very thin wires so you can connect the meter to the battery while it's in the phone being charged.])

That's about the best you can do with an unrooted phone.

kanesmith41

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I've always charged my phones at 40% and had excellent life out of them. Again, thanks for the information.

USMC97

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
You have to reset a system file, so the phone has to be rooted. If it is, install Battery Calibration (Root) and follow the directions.

If not, let the phone run until the phone tells you to charge the battery. (Don't do this very often - normally you should never drop a lithium battery below 40%.) Then plug it in and wait until it gets to 100% - then let it charge for another hour. (It's not at 100% the moment it says it is, the percentage is calculated from the battery voltage - which is higher when the charger is charging it. Once it's charged, charging stops and it's at a real 100% - and with a battery that large and a standard charger, that can take an hour or even more. [The only way to really tell is to watch the battery's voltage - when it stops going up, the battery is fully charged. That takes an app that needs root, or a voltmeter and some very thin wires so you can connect the meter to the battery while it's in the phone being charged.])

That's about the best you can do with an unrooted phone.

It's not 40%, the recommended is to not go under 20% for optimum health of a Lithium Ion Battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463