I bought a Note 4 in November 2014, and I have never had charging issues before. I normally charge my phone in three locations: in my computer room with the Adaptive Fast Charger (which came with my Note 4), in my bedroom with a standard wall charger (which came with my previous phone, a Galaxy S3), and in my car with an OEM car charger. I drive frequently for work, so I have had plenty of time using the car charger. Yesterday while driving with Navigate running, I noticed that my battery was draining faster than it was charging, which has never been an issue before. I rebooted the phone and force closed all other apps, but the problem persisted. When I got home from work, I plugged the phone into my Adaptive Fast Charger, and I saw that the "Fast Charging" notification that has always popped up never appeared, and the phone was clearly not fast charging, as it charged from 20% to 50% in about three hours, which is slower than it normally was without fast charging. During this time, I switched outlets and switched cables to try to solve the problem. Today, the problem persisted to and from work. I currently have it plugged into my standard (non-Adaptive) wall charger, and it is estimating 8 hours to charge from 15%, which, again, is much slower than it was charging before yesterday.
    05-26-2015 06:21 PM
    Dropping the battery to 15%-20% on every charge cycle could mean that it's about at the end of its life. The difference in lifetime between charging at 15% and at 40% is HUGE. Lithium batteries don't last long when deep-discharged. (If you discharge deeper than that - like to almost 0 - 6 months would be minor miracle ... for a battery that can last for years.)
    06-04-2015 12:39 AM
    I bought a Note 4 in November 2014, and I have never had charging issues before. I normally charge my phone in three locations: in my computer room with the Adaptive Fast Charger (which came with my Note 4), in my bedroom with a standard wall charger (which came with my previous phone, a Galaxy S3), and in my car with an OEM car charger. I drive frequently for work, so I have had plenty of time using the car charger. Yesterday while driving with Navigate running, I noticed that my battery was draining faster than it was charging, which has never been an issue before. I rebooted the phone and force closed all other apps, but the problem persisted. When I got home from work, I plugged the phone into my Adaptive Fast Charger, and I saw that the "Fast Charging" notification that has always popped up never appeared, and the phone was clearly not fast charging, as it charged from 20% to 50% in about three hours, which is slower than it normally was without fast charging. During this time, I switched outlets and switched cables to try to solve the problem. Today, the problem persisted to and from work. I currently have it plugged into my standard (non-Adaptive) wall charger, and it is estimating 8 hours to charge from 15%, which, again, is much slower than it was charging before yesterday.
    Hello,
    I was going through the same thing with my Note 4. Here's how it went:
    1. Bought new Adaptive Charger - didn't work.
    2. Bought new battery - didn't work.
    3. Did factory reset - didn't work.
    4. Bought new charger port - attempted to install myself and broke LCD and glass.
    5. Got LCD fixed and had them put new charger port in. - didn't fix the problem.

That is where I am at. I guess the next step is new logic board but I am really starting to think it's a software problem. I have read on another forum that they took theirs to their carrier phone store to have it wiped and it still didn't work. So, I am just not sure. I hate to put another $300 into the phone and still have the same problem. Can you tell me if you ever figured yours out? Thank you very much.
    07-28-2015 10:08 PM