Ok Google not working.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know why the OK GOOGLE voice activation feature is currently not working on my phone. All the settings are turned on. I noticed the mic on the search bar looks different.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So just noticed those settings are off now. I try to retrain and it won't pick up my voice. But voice works for everything else. So it's not a mic issues. I can do voice activated stuff if I initiate the mic on my own.

Attachments

• 1432681652838.jpg
    1432681652838.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 36

Rowlette

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Check your settings.

Settings
Systems- Language and input
Make sure Language is still English
Default English (US)
Google voice typing is- Automatic
Languages - Default Language English (US)
OK Google detection

mk20051#AC

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
You might need to clean the mic holes in the bottom of your phone. Those little holes get dirty and will affect your phone calls as well. That should do it!

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My "ok Google" works inconsistently. Sometimes I have to say "ok Google" 2 or 3 times to get it to work. After that it mostly works...for a while until it decides to stop listening again (just like a teenager I guess).

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
After I upgraded to Lollipop I could NOT get Google Now to work no matter what I tried. And I went through every variation of settings. Finally I downloaded and started using Google Now Launcher and everything works perfectly now. This issue happened several months ago and I have not gone back and tried Touchwiz again. Why fix something that ain't broke.