So, I've seen a bunch of posts about the battery life being terrible lately, then all the sudden I noticed I could barely make it to noon before charging (30% or so remaining). I was getting rather frustrated as it just started happening out of no where. I uninstalled the most recent apps I loaded, but no relief. Then it hit me, it's been raining like crazy in my area lately, so I've been running a radar app I have more often than usual. I uninstalled the app... problem solved. I would share the name of the app but, to be honest, I don't remember exactly which it was since I've been trying various apps after I uninstalled the original. I believe it was Radar Now, but I'm not positive. I am now using Radar Express with no issues.

I wanted to offer this up to those with battery issues, since this was an app I've had for months with no issue... because I wasn't using it regularly. If you're having battery issues, try uninstalling most recent apps, then go a little further and uninstall any non-critical apps until you see your battery life improve.
    05-27-2015 12:58 PM
    It also helps to disable Play store automatic app updates so you are in control of which apps update and when. So if something strange (uncorrected battery drop) happens, you know which apps you've updated recently. You can choose to update only a few at a time vs dozens.
    05-27-2015 02:30 PM
    Monitoring location services is a good idea in situations like this. Most likely high accuracy mode was on and the weather application was polling location frequently if not constantly, possibly due to notification settings for the app. I've used RadarNow for years and haven't had this issue but that's mostly because I'm cognizant of my location settings when using an application that requires location - i.e. if I'm monitoring a storm event but I'm indoors I'll disable high accuracy mode and rely on network/wifi location instead to keep GPS radio from eating resources for no benefit due to inability to see satellites.

I'm not saying that battery saving mode for location services must be enabled to have good battery life, just that it can be used to reduce usage when applications use location services and you don't really need the accuracy. TBH I wish location services allowed per app permissions to different levels of accuracy so that I could promote applications that I know are stable to high accuracy and leave others whos accuracy don't concern me at low settings . .
    05-27-2015 02:56 PM
    The Battery life on my Note 4 is amazing and was improved with the Lollipop update. I take my charger off at 5 am and when I go to bed around 10 I still have around 30% left with heavy usage throughout the day.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4
    mumfoau likes this.
    05-27-2015 07:25 PM
    What is your screen on time?
    05-27-2015 09:58 PM
    Can you show us the battery stats? It probably can be a zone where the 4G coverage ain't so good like mine and I need to set it for 3G. Could also be background apps or even something else
    05-28-2015 04:38 AM