View Poll Results: SD Card / Replaceable Battery Importance

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would not buy Note without replaceable battery and SD slot.

25 67.57%
  • Replaceable battery is a must. Don't care about SD.

4 10.81%
  • SD card is a must. Don't care if the battery is sealed.

4 10.81%
  • I don't care about either.

2 5.41%
  • I'd prefer to have a sealed battery. Don't care about SD slot either way.

1 2.70%
  • I'd prefer to not have an SD slot. Don't care about battery either way.

0 0%
  • I'd prefer to have a sealed battery AND no SD slot.

1 2.70%
09-12-2015 08:57 AM
36 12
tools
    I voted for the 1st option. I'd prefer that the Note 5 have a removable battery and SD card per the various reasons/analysis provided by everyone who has posted thus far. If a removable battery/SD card don't stay in the Note 5, it would be a disappointment, but I'll still consider.
    05-31-2015 10:38 AM
    A must for me. If can't have then don't choose the phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-31-2015 03:20 PM
    How different is this from Grand Central?
    Exactly my opinion. I got a moto g first gen on Verizon as a play phone and I love the smoothness of the stock android. No lag whatsoever.

I have a extra battery for my note 4 and I don't need it unless traveling.

I will say the SD card is nice to have. That will be a problem.

Also love the one handed use of smaller phones.
    05-31-2015 03:58 PM
    I know two people who were going to buy the S6 till they found it there was no SD card slot. They bought Note 4s instead.
    I am one of those. I have been a Samsung customer since my first cell phone. I will go to another vendor before I'll give up the SD card option.
    06-13-2015 01:03 PM
    I didn't see an option that accurately reflected my opinion on the matter, so I selected the "I don't care" option because it's probably the closest.

A removable battery and an sd card are very nice options and I'd certainly prefer having both options on any phone, but neither is likely going to be a deal maker or deal breaker. There are plenty of functions and features of a phone that I will put far more emphasis on than I would the battery and sd card. And between the 2, a removable sd card is far more appealing than the removable battery.

The S-Pen was really the driving force behind my decision to go with the Note. I love it and find new uses for it nearly on a daily basis. Since no other phone on the market can be used in quite the same way as the Note, there's no reason for me to consider other phones. Now, if there were another phone on the market that was practically identical to the Note with an identical stylus and the only tangible difference being that Phone X has a removable battery/sd card and the Note 5 (or 6 or whatever) didn't, then I may consider switching. But everything else between the 2 phones would need to be nearly identical.
    06-13-2015 02:04 PM
    User-replaceable battery is a MUST! SD card is a nice option but I can get by without it (have done so so far with the Note 4, card is still in my old Note 2).

As to the battery, nothing beats getting back to a full charge in minutes by just swapping the battery. Not to mention the peace of mind knowing that depleted spare can be charged back up and ready to go again long before the one in the phone can be run down. Rinse and repeat as needed. Invaluable! I also really like how it allows the option of never having to actually tether the phone to a charging source. Instead it's always free to be used unencumbered by a cable or external battery pack. Lastly, I refuse to accept the planned obsolescence of a sealed/embedded battery as I tend to keep my devices for years (ex. as mentioned above still have my Note 2).
    +1 My thoughts and feelings Exactly! I would like to see the SD card continue to be an included option as well as the Removable Battery.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    06-13-2015 03:31 PM
    There is an easy fix for the no replaceable battery, portable powerbanks. For lack of SD card, there is no convenient remedy.
    Yes, until the battery goes BAD (Non-Chargeable) and the phone is still perfect, now you can't continue to use a perfectly great phone!

I love the Note Line and I even skipped the Note 3, because my Note 2 was awesome until the battery went bad! bought and popped in a new battery and extended the life of a phone that was perfectly fine and is still my total back up phone to my Note 4 now. By embedding batteries, Manufacturers are forcing "Disposable Technology" and filling landfills with devices that are Completely Usable!
    06-13-2015 03:47 PM
    Yes, until the battery goes BAD (Non-Chargeable) and the phone is still perfect, now you can't continue to use a perfectly great phone!

I love the Note Line and I even skipped the Note 3, because my Note 2 was awesome until the battery went bad! bought and popped in a new battery and extended the life of a phone that was perfectly fine and is still my total back up phone to my Note 4 now. By embedding batteries, Manufacturers are forcing "Disposable Technology" and filling landfills with devices that are Completely Usable!
    The battery just doesn't go bad like that. I've had the same iPhone for 3 years with a good battery.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    06-13-2015 08:31 PM
    The battery just doesn't go bad like that. I've had the same iPhone for 3 years with a good battery.

I am certainly not an expert on batteries, but of course they go bad, or decrease efficiency .... Most batteries have a life cycle of only so many charges- discharge.
    06-13-2015 09:01 PM
    I am certainly not an expert on batteries, but of course they go bad, or decrease efficiency .... Most batteries have a life cycle of only so many charges- discharge.
    They do and I am sure some people my have had this issue, but its not the norm.

06-13-2015 09:02 PM
    I'm not expecting it to go from the Note series. The Note series is also really geared towards a work phone also. I put a lot of files from work on my card that go back and forth from the office and home.
    The new Note 5 doesn't have a SD card nor replaceable battery now.
    So there goes that theory. I'll not be upgrading my Note 4 because the SD card is crucial to me.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-12-2015 08:57 AM
36 12