Tripod recommendation

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for a tripod for my Note4, any recommendations?

I want to use Microsoft's Hyperlapse app as well as a few others, it would be nice to also find a decent tripod or connector to use within the car.

Thanks,

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I was going to suggest one of the myriad devices that simply clips to your phone and provides a "foot" that fits into any standard tripod, similar to the following:

Universal Tripod Mount Adapter Telescopic Cell Phone Stand Holder for iPhone iPad Samsung Nokia Sony HTC etc-2.07 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

But you mentioned using it in the car. That doesn't imply a tripod to me. That sounds like more of a car mount.

My wife has one of these that fits into the slot of any CD player. I've used it a couple of times and it works great. Plenty of stretch in the clamp to take my Note 4 and hold it securely in place. It doesn't interfere with the usage of the CD player in any way (except you can't insert or eject the CD when the phone holder is installed, of course!):

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JP0RTB4

The same company makes a very similar item that fits into most car vents.

Hope one of these helps.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I am looking for a tripod for my Note4, any recommendations?

I want to use Microsoft's Hyperlapse app as well as a few others, it would be nice to also find a decent tripod or connector to use within the car.

Thanks,
While not a tripod, I got this SHOULDERPOD that I posted here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ies/529084-shoulderpod-s1-smartphone-rig.html

A tripod or monopod (with folding feet) can be had for one's personal uses. I'm sure there's a way to secure this to a car mount if need be. Hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy! :cool:

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Overkill. If you can spend the money on a pod like that you should use a proper still/video camera.
The Note 4 will take acceptable pictures and video but the point of using it is the convenience of having the device in your pocket.
Defeats the whole point if you have to carry about a large tripod/monopod.

I would also recommend the ShoulderPod and if you need a little more stability get a good mini pod like the UltraPod II or the Manfrotto Pixi. Better to stick with the ShoulderPod and learn to stabilise.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Overkill. If you can spend the money on a pod like that you should use a proper still/video camera.
The Note 4 will take acceptable pictures and video but the point of using it is the convenience of having the device in your pocket.

I would also recommend the ShoulderPod and if you need a little more stability get a good mini pod like the UltraPod II or the Manfrotto Pixi. Better to stick with the ShoulderPod and learn to stabilise.

Agree - vast overkill for a phone at $159.95. I have a couple of high-quality Bogen monopods, one of which has similar folding legs - I've never found the folding legs useful with my DSLR gear because I found they did not offer a significant enough stability advantage to the monopod to warrant their extra weight (and cost).

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

Thought the same to, but looking at this for a DSLR that I'm also eyeing. The advantage of this from many reviewers is that this specific Monopod is unlike the others on the market and much affordable and is sturdier and than similar costing more $$$. You can take this one apart and simply use the "feet" only as a "mini" tripod.

While I do have the Shoulderpod S1 and am really liking that, I'll have to examine the two (2) mini-pods you mentioned.

Thanks and enjoy! :cool:

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Agree - vast overkill for a phone at $159.95. I have a couple of high-quality Bogen monopods, one of which has similar folding legs - I've never found the folding legs useful with my DSLR gear because I found they did not offer a significant enough stability advantage to the monopod to warrant their extra weight (and cost).
That's what I'm understanding with reading and watching these reviews on the minipod/tripods. I've seen a demonstration of a well known and expensive one that did tip over. But for the reviews of the Sirui from "professional" photographers, they state it is solid, well built, and fairly inexpensive for monopods in its class compared to others.

Thanks and enjoy! :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star