WhatsApp Manual Backup didn't restore images Folder ? - Help

craige

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Guyz,

I recently Manually backed-up Full Whatsapp folder, by connecting phone to the PC.
Later after few days, I again transferred the whole folder in the phone -> Downloaded Whatsapp frm play store -> upon first start it asked "To restore frm backup" -> and all went fine.

Now problem is, All my chats and pictures are there inside the App...... but earlier there was a "Whatsapp folder in my gallery", where it showed all pictures present in Whatsapp, which is now missing.
So basically now I cant surf images directly frm tht gallery folder and have to find each and every image manually frm chats.

May I knw how can I fix this ?

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Should create an album for new images but not the old ones. If you have a back-up does it contain all of the old images? If it does, then transfer them to your phone in a folder somewhere (SD card maybe) and navigate to that folder using the stock app called My Files (or any file manager woud probably do). When you see the images, you should be able to create a new Gallery Album using them. I haven't needed to do this so I'm presuming this will work. When I transferred my Whatsapp from my old phone I made a Whatsapp backup but I also copied and pasted everything so that way I still had all my old images. If you don't have a copy and paste copy of your old folders then you won't be able to this.

craige

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Well still I am not having any solutions.

I re-installed Whatsapp without my old backup and still when my frnd sent me sum photos, none of the photos are appearing in Whatsapp folder in My Gallery, as the folder is missing there..... So is this a new change OR a bug ?