Curious to see if anyone has this problem. Lately if I open up my camera app in bright light like outside, I can feel the phone start to do this weird feeling like the camera is moving or something. And the image on the screen is really wavy which causes pictures to come out blurry.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-28-2015 01:38 PM
    Bump. It's still doing this. If I quickly move the phone around it focuses normally.

05-29-2015 03:46 PM
    Yup, mine is doing it too. I fear the OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) is failing. While it's doing it if I hold the phone near my ear I can hear a high pitch sound. Facing the camera straight up towards the sky momentarily and then back towards the horizon will fix the issue but only for that time that I'm shooting. If I turn off the camera and then come back to it after moving the phone around a bit the issue will often reappear . . This has been happening for over a month and it is creeping up more often now for me.
    05-29-2015 06:39 PM
    Yeah same thing. It's really annoying because it causes picutres to be really blurry. Maybe it's a warranty thing. Would rather not geeks quad it for that.

05-29-2015 08:06 PM
    Yup. Worse for me... I bought from T-Mobile and canceled service to use on AT&T to get root so doing a claim on my square trade policy would mean a deductible. I'll wait until it's completely broken.

Between this and crappy GPS I'm less than enamored with the Note 4. It's a good thing I love the rest of it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2015 01:13 AM
    Wondering if the issue is heat related. I use my phone as gps alot for trips that are between 4-12 hours a lot with waze so the screen is constantly on.

05-30-2015 07:32 PM
    Can't say that I see any correlation with heat. I don't use my phone heavily enough to overheat it and I don't navigate with it much (GPS is hit and miss on mine, mostly miss).

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2015 08:58 PM
    Oh ok interesting.

05-31-2015 09:18 AM
    I've started having this too. I wonder if it's a heat thing - it certainly seems to happen more now that I'm taking more photos in the sun. Any luck solving it?
    07-21-2016 04:17 PM
    Having the same issue with my Verizon model, at first I thought it was a screen malfunction, but then I noticed that the pictures are wavy/blurred, so maybe it is the OIS, I wander if it can be repaired or disabled. I think I noticed it is more likely to happen after I take a panorama photo. Any thoughts?
    10-23-2016 09:59 PM
    Hey any development on the wavy photos issue? I've got the same problem and worrying as I love this phone camera!
    10-23-2016 10:11 PM
    Probably the only fix is to replace the camera module. Luckily, you don't have to remove the screen to do this, but you do have to remove the back frame. One of these days, parts for the Note 4 will become scarce (or more expensive) so it might be a good idea to get a replacement now while you can. Here's a video on how to replace the module, but personally if it were me, I would use guitar picks rather than the metal tool he's using.

EDIT... By the way, if any of you replace the module, can you please leave feedback whether it works fine, and if so, the seller you purchased from. It would help others with the same problem
    10-23-2016 10:36 PM