My phone just went through an update. Said my Android system was updated. What did Samsung push?

I'm on Sprint. It just updated over lunch today (05.29.15)

Says 5.0.1 and software version N910PVPU2BOE1
    05-29-2015 12:44 PM
    My phone just went through an update. Said my Android system was updated. What did Samsung push?

Sprint started this the other day and it is bug fixes and factory reset protection.

Galaxy Note 4 Gets Factory Reset Protection Update On Sprint
    05-29-2015 02:00 PM
    I wish they would have fixed the signal graph bug, even with a strong signal,I only show one or two bars in the signal graph.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-30-2015 07:54 AM

And unfortunately those who have taken the OE1 ota can't go back to roms built on OB7.
    Speaking of, does anyone have the OE1 update. Zip? Need to take it apart to see what makes it tick.
    06-01-2015 02:44 PM
    And unfortunately those who have taken the OE1 ota can't go back to roms built on OB7.
    Speaking of, does anyone have the OE1 update. Zip? Need to take it apart to see what makes it tick.
    Is there some problem with the update?
    06-01-2015 03:06 PM
    Is there some problem with the update?
    Samsung has decided to lock the bootloader in the name of security.
    06-01-2015 04:36 PM
    Samsung has decided to lock the bootloader in the name of security.
    That is the carrier.

AT&T and Verizon and maybe Sprint did that with the lollipop upgrade. T-mobile did not.
    06-01-2015 05:09 PM
    That is the carrier.

AT&T and Verizon and maybe Sprint did that with the lollipop upgrade. T-mobile did not.
    Whatever the is the same. It's a pisser
    06-01-2015 11:39 PM
    Whatever the is the same. It's a pisser
    That isn't going to change either, they are going to keep doing that. Once they crack root, with a locked bootloader, you can root, you just can't load a custom rom.
    06-01-2015 11:48 PM
    I too got updated to n910pvpu2boe1 on 5/31. I had issues with signal during the update and have had nothing but trouble since.

There is great lag on my phone. The power button is virtually unresponsive. The touch sensitivity is non-existent. It reboots randomly. It gets too hot. And occasionally shows a screen that reminds me of a kernel error (i haven't been able to capture it)

I have removed many aps and rebooted a few times hoping to clear up the trouble. I am ready to throw my Note 4 out the 5th story window!
    06-10-2015 01:46 PM
    If you haven't already, I would recommend doing a "Factory Reset". I know, it sucks... you'll lose all your apps and your phone will be as if you just bought it again. However, I've found that doing so tends to fix the errors that come with updating as updated can sometimes leave old versions of files behind which may or may not be compatible with the new updated version of Android. These left behind files can sometimes cause system or user apps to run incorrectly, cause random reboots, and all other sorts of weird errors. If you still have problems after a factory reset, then of course, take the beast in and tell them your issues. You'll get the run around unless you can show them what it's doing right in front of them, but 'tis the nature of the beast that is carriers.

Good luck!
    07-12-2015 06:52 PM
    If you haven't already, I would recommend doing a "Factory Reset". I know, it sucks... you'll lose all your apps and your phone will be as if you just bought it again. However, I've found that doing so tends to fix the errors that come with updating as updated can sometimes leave old versions of files behind which may or may not be compatible with the new updated version of Android. These left behind files can sometimes cause system or user apps to run incorrectly, cause random reboots, and all other sorts of weird errors. If you still have problems after a factory reset, then of course, take the beast in and tell them your issues. You'll get the run around unless you can show them what it's doing right in front of them, but 'tis the nature of the beast that is carriers.

Good luck!
    Before jumping to a factory reset, just try wiping cache first (in recovery mode) to see if it clears your problems up.
    07-12-2015 07:23 PM