Every time I want to take a quick snapshot of something to remember it.. In ok to good light it blurs. Useless blurry images.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-29-2015 02:15 PM
    User error or you got a dud.
    Phantasmal Images likes this.
    05-29-2015 02:43 PM
    If you would provide more complete info on what you are doing and what settings you are using someone may be able to assist you.
    05-29-2015 02:50 PM
    If you look at the photos people have posted from the Note 4 you have to realize that the camera doesn't suck. Something is not right with either your phone or the way you are taking the pictures. I have taken well over a thousand pictures with my Note 4 and not one has been blurry. Something doesn't add up.

Sent from my Note 4
    dlgus likes this.
    05-29-2015 03:02 PM
    User error or you got a dud.
    +1
    gregg6942 likes this.
    05-29-2015 04:36 PM
    It's mostly just when I want to snap a quick picture of something. I've never had this problem before on my last 2 phones. Far away blurry or I take a pic of my leg or arm as if it snapped way to long after pressing the shutter. Or if I'm taking a pic of a menu or package with info it's always blurry unless I'm super careful not to move. The only setting I change is hdr. Sometimes on sometimes off

05-29-2015 09:22 PM
    It's mostly just when I want to snap a quick picture of something. I've never had this problem before on my last 2 phones. Far away blurry or I take a pic of my leg or arm as if it snapped way to long after pressing the shutter. Or if I'm taking a pic of a menu or package with info it's always blurry unless I'm super careful not to move. The only setting I change is hdr. Sometimes on sometimes off

I would suggest that you should take the time to understand how this camera works and practice a bit. If you have HDR activated then the camera must take 3 shots to merge into one. This takes more time than a single exposure so if you are moving the camera right after you click the shutter the camera can't do its job. Likewise, I suggest you make a conscious effort to hold the camera on point until you see the image thumbnail in the bottom left hand corner of the camera screen. Taking a picture is like swinging a bat or golf club. If you move your attention (camera) away from the focus area you don't hit the ball very well. But, I could be completely wrong...I have been wrong before. Finally, why are you pushing the shutter button at all. With voice command you can shoot pictures without the chance of moving the camera trying to hit the shutter button with you finger. This is one of the best camera features for smartphones ever.
    millerwa76 likes this.
    05-29-2015 10:43 PM
    Try Sport Mode while leaving everything else on auto.
    Hope that helps you as much as it helped me.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    05-29-2015 11:03 PM
    Every time I want to take a quick snapshot of something to remember it.. In ok to good light it blurs. Useless blurry images.

I totally agree with you. It takes a long time to get the camera to focus. With other phones I've owned, I could simply whip out my camera and shoot.

05-30-2015 08:04 AM
    As some people have said already, if your phone isn't taking good photos then the problem is either user error or a problem with your individual device. There's a thread here in the forum for pictures taken with the Note 4 and they are unbelievable for a phone camera. A lot of them are just as good or better than a DSLR photo. So to say the note 4 camera in general is not good is a false statement.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    05-30-2015 08:27 AM
    That's a weird one, mine is crisp clear.

Alex Wetzel likes this.
    06-02-2015 06:24 PM

It's not an iPhone or Galaxy s6... yeah the camera is subpar but for Android it's one of the better ones

06-02-2015 06:57 PM
    It's not an iPhone or Galaxy s6... yeah the camera is subpar but for Android it's one of the better ones

The camera on the Note 4 is hardly "subpar" . I have an iPhone 6 plus as well. The pictures from both of these phones are great. In some shots the 6 plus is better and in others the Note 4 is better. On most they are about the same. Both take great photos.

Sent from my Note 4
    ronpfid likes this.
    06-02-2015 09:52 PM
    The camera on the Note 4 is actually very good... But I get SO MANY blurred shots! SOOOOOOOOO many! I know there is nothing wrong with my note 4, but a phone camera is never a substitute for a point and shoot. I am actually disappointed with the camera in every lighting except for outside sunny day lighting. Those pictures look awesome.
    Here's an example:

I've tried but this camera is garbage-20150509_154718.jpg

Then here are the indoor shots I get or less than perfect shots.
    I've tried but this camera is garbage-20150531_121127.jpg View this image at native resolution, and it's not crisp or clear. Arg...
    I've tried but this camera is garbage-20150331_110810.jpg
    I've tried but this camera is garbage-20150402_131836.jpg

They're almost like clockwork for me... These are during the day with plenty of light outside, but since it's not OPTIMAL... It gives blurs ... Arg...
    06-03-2015 02:52 AM
    You're running into the issue of auto-selected shutter speed being too slow for some action shots. That is a problem with the Note 4 because it does not support manual setting of shutter speed (though the API is in place in Lollipop now).
    zkyevolved likes this.
    06-03-2015 04:03 PM
    Good to know I'm not the only one! Because, I don't know HOW I have seen so many reviews, and I only heard raves and fantastic reviews. They must all be in Samsung's pocket or something... People complain about Apple, but I guess Sammy does the same. This is a huge problem. I had the Nokia 1520 and 930, and neither had this issue. In fact, all my phones are compared to those 2 cameras (albeit, they're almost identical). So far, nothing can match them in terms of picture quality and audio recording quality. But I need Android as fuel in my veins! LOL!
    06-03-2015 05:58 PM
    You're running into the issue of auto-selected shutter speed being too slow for some action shots. That is a problem with the Note 4 because it does not support manual setting of shutter speed (though the API is in place in Lollipop now).
    While it is true you can't change the shutter speed directly you may be able to increase it for your use by changing the ISO from Auto to the highest manual setting which will effectively increase the shutter speed.
    06-03-2015 08:11 PM
    The camera on the Note 4 is one of the best available.

DxO Labs, a French company that anyone who's a high end Amateur or Pro would most likely name as THE authority on Cameras & Lenses, ranks it as #2 in the World currently. (The S6 taking 1st). They place it slightly ahead of the iPhone 6 Plus, a KILLER camera.

OOPS - TRIED FOR A LINK, BUT I'M NOT HERE ENOUGH ... Just search "DxOMark Note 4" & look for "Hitting the Right Note"

However, the tremendous demand by us for top notch cameras in our phones has lead the companies to start shoving the technology usually reserved for Prosumer or Pro level DLSRs into the hands of the average person. They TRY to make it simple, but it just isn't. I'm NOT knocking the OP's skill level, as I've only had my Note 4 for a few days and haven't LIVED with the camera yet, but people tend to think that having a high end camera makes them a pro photographer.

Having a $2000 knife collection in the kitchen doesn't a Chef make.

EVERY Camera, from the smallest cheapest point & shoot to the $40,000 monsters all have their learning curve and requires time to discover and account for their idiosyncrasies. They ALL have their drawbacks, even the $40K ones!

I SEE the flaws in the posted pics, and I GET what you're saying, but this is a camera in a device that is a COMPUTER AND PHONE 1st, with a camera function thrown in. There are many reasons for lag in such a device, most of which has ZERO to do with the camera itself.

BTW: The 1st Dog pic's main problem is the DOG MOVED. Shutter speed control will help, but you have to know WHEN to use the feature, and the impacts it will have on other aspects of the photo.

Experience with the camera will help almost all the problems you had, knowing what mode to use, and when. Ask any Pro what percentage of their shots are just C**P, and they'll laugh and tell you "Way to many, Dude, WAY too many". The Pro know you just gotta pound at it.
    I'll second the thought that for the dog pics, Sport mode would help. All those modes are there for a reason. We're not at the "Well, the Camera will figure the scene out and adjust for it" point yet. It's a heck of a lot better than it was, but it still requires you to choose the proper mode ... :-)
    None of us ever stop learning!

Rumor line has that the 5.1 upgrade is primarily to add stability and improve performance in many areas, I'm sure the Camera Module will be improved as well.

It's also thought that they will add an Exposure slider like the iPhone has. One more feature begged for by the photogs, one more rock in the path of the untrained.... ;-) LOL

Peace out!
    PuterPro
    Phantasmal Images likes this.
    06-04-2015 02:32 PM
    The camera on the Note 4 is one of the best available.

DxO Labs, a French company that anyone who's a high end Amateur or Pro would most likely name as THE authority on Cameras & Lenses, ranks it as #2 in the World currently. (The S6 taking 1st). They place it slightly ahead of the iPhone 6 Plus, a KILLER camera.

OOPS - TRIED FOR A LINK, BUT I'M NOT HERE ENOUGH ... Just search "DxOMark Note 4" & look for "Hitting the Right Note"

However, the tremendous demand by us for top notch cameras in our phones has lead the companies to start shoving the technology usually reserved for Prosumer or Pro level DLSRs into the hands of the average person. They TRY to make it simple, but it just isn't. I'm NOT knocking the OP's skill level, as I've only had my Note 4 for a few days and haven't LIVED with the camera yet, but people tend to think that having a high end camera makes them a pro photographer.

Having a $2000 knife collection in the kitchen doesn't a Chef make.

EVERY Camera, from the smallest cheapest point & shoot to the $40,000 monsters all have their learning curve and requires time to discover and account for their idiosyncrasies. They ALL have their drawbacks, even the $40K ones!

I SEE the flaws in the posted pics, and I GET what you're saying, but this is a camera in a device that is a COMPUTER AND PHONE 1st, with a camera function thrown in. There are many reasons for lag in such a device, most of which has ZERO to do with the camera itself.

BTW: The 1st Dog pic's main problem is the DOG MOVED. Shutter speed control will help, but you have to know WHEN to use the feature, and the impacts it will have on other aspects of the photo.

Experience with the camera will help almost all the problems you had, knowing what mode to use, and when. Ask any Pro what percentage of their shots are just C**P, and they'll laugh and tell you "Way to many, Dude, WAY too many". The Pro know you just gotta pound at it.
    I'll second the thought that for the dog pics, Sport mode would help. All those modes are there for a reason. We're not at the "Well, the Camera will figure the scene out and adjust for it" point yet. It's a heck of a lot better than it was, but it still requires you to choose the proper mode ... :-)
    None of us ever stop learning!

Rumor line has that the 5.1 upgrade is primarily to add stability and improve performance in many areas, I'm sure the Camera Module will be improved as well.

It's also thought that they will add an Exposure slider like the iPhone has. One more feature begged for by the photogs, one more rock in the path of the untrained.... ;-) LOL

Peace out!
    PuterPro
    I concur with this for a 2014 flagship the Note 4 camera ties or out performs some of 2015 flagships. obviously not the S6 but, its not buy much.
    06-04-2015 03:20 PM