With luck going to get this soon, just wondering which people prefer.
    05-29-2015 05:07 PM
    Since I've had a few accidents with my phone (like having a wireless charger fling it at a wall when my elbow caught the cable, dropping it screen-down to a hardwood floor, etc.) I won't buy a phone that doesn't have an Otterbox Defender for it. I guess you could damage the phone by driving over it, but aside from water, it seems indestructible. (Clean the inside of the Otterbox screen with eyeglass cleaner and put a drop on the microfiber cloth you use to clean the phone's screen before putting the Otterbox together, and it'll stay dustproof [the only problem with the Defender - it's not dust-tight] for a month or more.) A Lifeproof case would probably be even better (water and dust proof) but they don't make one for any Note.

I've had screen protectors and TPU cases (and belt cases) - I'm sticking with Otterbox.
    05-29-2015 05:43 PM
    Yeah, I have a Defender for my Note 2, and I love it, save that the open spot at the bottom for the home button allows dust in, and every other month I finally give up and take apart the case and clean it out, but other than that, yeah, I'm still leaning towards otterbox. I'm so paranoid, I keep my Note 2 in its belt holster IN my pocket, further keeping the screen and even screen protector covered.
    05-29-2015 06:09 PM
    I definitely have the Otterbox Defender case for my Note 4. My phone is 99% of the time on my nightstand because I'm home more often than not. When I do venture out, I use the belt holster as added protection as someone mentioned above. I absolutely love the Defender cases from Otterbox. Other than the dust by the home key, mentioned above again, I don't have any issues. When I turn my lamp light on, I move my phone so that the heat from the bulb doesn't stretch the silicone of the case. Had that issue with my SG3 Defender case. But Otterbox was great in sending me a replacement. Very wise decision to go with Otterbox.
    05-30-2015 06:21 AM
    I use the Otterbox comutter case with a tempered glass screen protector. It hasn't failed me so far. The defender was just too bulky for me.
    05-30-2015 08:15 AM
    I use the Defender with the plastic screen protector removed & a Zagg hdx. Reason I got the Defender is I wanted a belt clip holster & a kickstand along w/ maximum protection, rocker switch covers & headphone/mini USB dust flaps.

I always get maximum protection cases so the bulk doesn't bother me but I can definitely see where it's just too bulky for others.

My only criticism of the Defender is I'd like it better if the kickstand were able to angle the phone but other than that I think it's a very well designed/built case. Especially in comparison to the Seidio Convert I had originally which was total garbage.

If you buy a Defender online make certain you purchase it either directly from Otterbox or directly from Amazon (not a third party reseller, Amazon themselves) as counterfeiting is rampant w/ Otterbox products.

IMO removing the plastic protector is a must for not only the dirt issue but for screen clarity. Otterbox should sell the Defender w/ or w/o a built in plastic protector IMO. It is very easy to remove, just use a hair dryer to warm up the glue on the screen's perimeter & it easily comes off.

Also, no matter what you end up using for a screen protector test both the gray & black S Pen tips, on my Zagg hdx the black tip glides much smoother than the gray one.
    05-30-2015 08:57 AM
    It's Spigen for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-02-2015 04:41 PM
    Otterbox symmetry with tempered glass on mine.
    06-03-2015 03:49 AM
    I have the defender on my note 4....I did remover the screen protector as I do have a glass invisishield protector on the note......love the case...now my favorite as I had it pop off my holster (got tangled up on ladder) and dropped 10+feet onto solid concrete....I was shocked and amazed when I picked it up and everything was normal...not a crack, scuff or blemish . It worked as advertised !!! Huge accolades to Otterbox!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-03-2015 01:21 PM
    I also use the defender. I removed the built in screen protector and added zagg glass screen protector. If you are unsure of removing the built in screen protector just contact otterbox, send them a picture of the screen protector off and they will send you a replacement.
    06-03-2015 03:35 PM
    Screen protector, no case though.
    06-03-2015 04:37 PM
    Other than the dust by the home key, mentioned above again, I don't have any issues.
    If you tuck the rubber in really tight, you shouldn't get dust under the screen cover unless you live in a sugar factory. It shouldn't just be laying there on the plastic - tuck in all 3 sides with a fingernail.

When I turn my lamp light on, I move my phone so that the heat from the bulb doesn't stretch the silicone of the case.
    Boil the rubber part for about 30 seconds, then drop it into ice water. Letting it sit for a while will also let it recover its original shape and size, but the water/ice trick will do it quickly. (There are a few YouTube videos on doing it with various silicone rubber cases.) But I wouldn't keep mine under a hot light bulb every night either.
    atlantasweetie24 likes this.
    06-03-2015 05:12 PM