I have this weird issue.
    While on a call, I heard a touch tone that sounds like the other caller touched a key on their phone. I asked if they accidentally touched a keypad on their phone and they said no. At least 5 callers confirmed they did not hit any button on the phone. This has happened very often. I reset to factory a few times and cleared cache but that did not fix the issue.

Any idea?

Could it be some app that I downloaded does this or some kind of settings in Android? My toddlers put a few games (apps) on it and I uninstalled them. Issue still existed.

BTW, I use a wired headset for phone calls so I am sure I didn't touch any key on my phone
    05-29-2015 06:22 PM
    I have this weird issue.
    While on a call, I heard a touch tone that sounds like the other caller touched a key on their phone. I asked if they accidentally touched a keypad on their phone and they said no. At least 5 callers confirmed they did not hit any button on the phone. This has happened very often. I reset to factory a few times and cleared cache but that did not fix the issue.

Any idea?

Could it be some app that I downloaded does this or some kind of settings in Android? My toddlers put a few games (apps) on it and I uninstalled them. Issue still existed.

BTW, I use a wired headset for phone calls so I am sure I didn't touch any key on my phone
    Yeah there has been some talk of that. Were you talking to a female by any chance?
    05-29-2015 06:32 PM
    My phone does it on every call. Always has.
    05-29-2015 06:41 PM
    Sounds like this is a known issue. More likely hardware?
    05-29-2015 06:43 PM
    My phone does it on every call. Always has.
    I can't find a thread I was looking for. You sure you don't have minute minder or the connect tone turned on?

The issue I was thinking about was a weird network issue and there was a technical reason behind it, but seemed to mostly happen when talking to someone with a higher pitched voice and had to do with the tones transmitted.
    05-29-2015 06:51 PM
    I can't find a thread I was looking for. You sure you don't have minute minder or the connect tone turned on?

The issue I was thinking about was a weird network issue and there was a technical reason behind it, but seemed to mostly happen when talking to someone with a higher pitched voice and had to do with the tones transmitted.
    I do have connect tone turned on. But isn't this feature only beep right after the call is connected?
    The noise I heard is "during a conversation" aka long after the call initially connected.
    05-29-2015 07:02 PM
    I do have connect tone turned on. But isn't this feature only beep right after the call is connected?
    The noise I heard is "during a conversation" aka long after the call initially connected.
    Yeah that feature is just when connected. Is it just once during the convo or continually?
    05-29-2015 07:07 PM
    Sometime it beeps once, other times it beeps a few times during conversation.
    05-29-2015 07:17 PM
    Sometime it beeps once, other times it beeps a few times during conversation.
    And there are no notifications of anything, text, calendar reminder, missed phone call, voicemail, etc when you get off the phone?
    05-29-2015 07:26 PM
    And there are no notifications of anything, text, calendar reminder, missed phone call, voicemail, etc when you get off the phone?
    Nope
    05-29-2015 07:32 PM
    Nope
    Ok, I have no idea and can't find anyone that does. If it was every minute, I would say it is minute minder. Also your phone doesn't fit the thread I was looking for, as it happens on every call for you.

What I would do.

First, I would see about switching it under warranty.

If you don't want to switch it out, contact my carrier and if they have no idea what it is, ask them to be sure and search and see if it is a known issue. Just because it is a known issue, doesn't mean they remember without searching.

If none of the above works and you don't want to switch it out under warranty, I would call Samsung.

Now, they will troubleshoot a bit, maybe want to remote into your phone and double check settings. If settings are fine, they are going to tell you to send the phone in and have it checked and repaired under warranty. This is not a bad option, they will check everything, not just the issue you are having. The only bad thing, unless you have an extra phone, you are out a phone for 5-10 days, unless you go buy a cheap flip phone not on contract or a cheap Android. Not a bad thing to have an extra around.

If you don't want to do this, you can always try a reset, if you haven't done that to see if it corrects the issue. If you have done that to correct it, you can always go by Best Buy and the Samsung counter there and let them reflash the phone with the newest software. The Samsung counter though, can not do to the software what Samsung can. Samsung can actually remove the software and then reinstall it, in case it is just a glitch with software.

If your phone is out of warranty for some reason, Best Buy will flash it for free and Samsung will do at least there removal of software and adding it back, for free for out of warranty phones.

Now a couple of things.

What Android version are you running?

You aren't rooted are you?

What carrier do you use?
    05-29-2015 07:48 PM